Mint is used to refer to the genus of strong scented herbs. It is a type of plant with small green leaves. Mint is a highly beneficial plant and is used in different ways to use its benefits as much as possible. In many countries around the world, including India, mint leaves and stems are included in cooking and adding flavour to dishes.
Mint is also a great herb when it comes to skin care. It is one of those ingredients that you will regularly find in various skin care products like moisturizers, cleansers, conditioners, shampoos and even lip balms! You will find it included in many ingredient tables of various products. Some of these names could be ‘Mint’, ‘Mentha’, ‘Mentha piperita’ etc. Mint leaves are great for the skin and this is one of the reasons why they are extensively used in various skin care products.
Mint is especially great for skin that needs that extra care and treatment. If you are suffering from severe acne on the face, using this simple ingredient can help you get rid of it. Mint leaves work on most types of acne. It also helps remove acne naturally without any side effects.
Benefits of mint on your skin:
Though mint is used in various forms in cooking, not many people are aware that mint is a great herb for curing many of your skin related problems. This herb is a great way of soothing and looking after your skin, without any side effects and with guaranteed results. Here are a few ways in which you can use the mint plant for your skin:
- Mint is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, using mint juice on the skin can help soothe mosquito bites and other irritations. It also helps to soften and calm dry or itchy skin.
- Apply mint oil to your hair 3-4 times every week. Massage nicely and keep it on for 30 minutes (before a shower). Doing this will help get rid of lice, as mint is a natural repellent for insects. Do this regularly for a few weeks or months to completely remove any traces of lice from the hair.
- Take some oats and mix it with mint juice. Scrub your skin with this solution to remove dead skin cells. Doing this will also hydrate and moisturize your skin. Not just that, this is also a great way to remove or lighten pimple marks.
- Use mint leaves by boiling them in water and soaking your feet in it. This helps soothe cracked heels, removes odour and makes heels soft. Not only this, the warm aroma of the leaves will help calm your nerves and senses, and help you relax.
- Apply a paste of mint leaves on blackhead-affected areas and wash off after 15 minutes. Using mint for skin helps in getting rid of blackheads too.
- Salicylic acid present in mint helps in curing acne. Make a paste of mint leaves and natural rose water and apply this on your face. Clean off after 20 minutes. Doing this regularly helps in getting rid of stubborn acne.
- Using mint leaves for skin controls oiliness as it contains Vitamin A. It rejuvenates and refreshes the skin making it bright and soft! Using mint will be your natural way of getting oil-free naturally glowing skin.
- Crushed mint leaves when applied to your forehead help relieve headache and make you feel fresh!
These are some of the many reasons why mint has taken over the beauty care world! With many potential benefits to the skin, it is one of the easily available natural ingredient you can give a try.
- Can Mint Leaves Help Cure Acne Scars?
- 14 Best Benefits and Uses Of Peppermint Oil For Skin, Hair and Health
- 18 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Neem Leaves For Skin, Hair And Health
- How To Use Curry Leaves For Hair Growth?
- Top 10 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Soursop Leaves For Skin, Hair and Health
Every individual is concerned about his or her skin because everyone wants to look beautiful. Pimples can be pretty annoying. They tend to cause swellings on...>>
As girls, we already have so many problems to deal with, such as deciding which dress to wear the next day, what hairstyle...>>
At the end of the day, what’s natural is what counts! Makeup can only enhance your beauty not make it for you. So let’s accept the fact that keeping that skin young and healthy is a key to looking beautiful for longer! Cleansing, toning and moisturizing (CTM) routine should...>>
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Arpita (see all)
- Sharon Stone’s Best Kept Beauty Secrets REVEALED! - March 4, 2013
- 10 Best Inspiring Makeup Tips From Mickey Contractor - February 22, 2013
- My 10 Best Beauty Secrets Revealed - February 22, 2013
- Best Chanel Nail Polishes – Our Top 10 - February 16, 2013