Sesame oil is very popular for its use in hair growth treatments. This oil is one of the best herbs for hair treatment. The oil is extracted from the seeds that are protected by the pod.
Sesame oil is highly nourishing, healing and lubricating. Other than being used as a flavor enhancing cooking oil, it has many beauty benefits and works great for the scalp and hair growth. Sesame oil is enriched with Vitamin E, B complex, and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and protein that strengthen the hair from the roots and give deep nourishment.
Benefits Of Sesame Oil For Hair:
1. Treats Premature Greying:
If you want to improve the color of your hair i.e. if you want it to look darker, you need to massage your hair with sesame oil daily. It also helps prevent and treat premature greying due to its darkening qualities. This is one of the foremost sesame oil benefits for hair.
2. Promotes Hair Growth:
Sesame oil increases the scalp circulation as it has a high penetration ability, thereby promoting hair growth. Even when your hair has been damaged badly with chemicals, sesame oil can help you regain the hair health due to its high penetrating power. This is why sesame oil for hair growth is so widely popular.
3. Protects Hair From Harmful Sunlight:
Another benefit of sesame oil is that it is a natural sunscreen. Applying sesame oil on your scalp prevents the damage caused by the ultra violet rays. Sesame oil forms a protective coat around the hair, protecting it against the harmful rays and also saves it from the damaging effects of pollution.
4. Treats Head Lice:
Another lesser known benefit of sesame oil is that it can be used with other essential oils to treat head lice. A regular massage with the oil and rinsing with a shampoo later proves to be beneficial. Sesame oil is antibacterial and applying it on the scalp helps keep both fungal and bacterial infections at bay.
5. Soothes Hair:
Sesame oil provides soothing and tranquilizing properties. Harsh heat can be damaging to the hair follicles. Sesame oil acts as a coolant, working from within and nourishing the scalp in and out. Sesame oil locks the moisture within, thus preventing dryness.
6. Sesame Oil For Dandruff:
Massage sesame oil into the scalp using your fingertips before going to bed and leave it on all night. You should cover every part of the scalp. Wash the hair in the morning. For best results, use sesame oil daily for 30 days.
7. Sesame Oil For Dryness:
Make a mixture of 1 tbsp. root juice, sesame oil and lemon juice. You can apply sesame oil to your scalp using your fingertips. Massage the oil in a circular motion and cover all parts of the scalp. Leave the oil overnight and wash it off the next morning. If you want the oil to work as a conditioner, give your hair a hot towel treatment. Soak the towel in hot water, squeeze out the excessive water and wrap it around your head. Keep it on for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair. The hot water will make sure that the oil penetrates into the scalp well.
8. Sesame Oil For Hair Shine:
Apply 2 to 3 drops of the oil between your hands and apply on dry hair. It will work as a leave-in conditioner.
9. Sesame Oil For Deep Conditioning:
Warm the oil and mix it with any deep conditioner. Apply on the hair and leave it for at least one hour. For maximum results, leave the mixture on the hair overnight.
10. Revitalizes Damaged Hair:
The oil has great penetrating properties and works wonders to revitalize the damaged hair by nourishing the hair and scalp from deep within.
11. Combats Hair Loss Due To Stress:
Stress is among the chief culprits behind hair loss. Due to its amazing cooling properties, sesame oil helps relieve stress and, thus, plays a vital role in combating hair loss.
It is important to note that just using the oil to massage the hair is not a cure to dryness. Dryness is often caused by a lack of hydrating foods and liquids in your diet. Even though sesame oil nourishes the scalp and controls dryness, you need to employ some other measures to get rid of scalp dryness and dandruff. Drink lots of water every day and include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and eat lots of nuts and seeds that will tackle the deficiency of essential fatty acids. Also, do not wash your hair with hot water as hot water will strip the hair of the natural oils from the scalp.
12. Other Benefits Of Sesame Oil:
- Massaging sesame oil onto the hair helps control dryness and flakiness, thus preventing hair loss.
- Massaging sesame oil onto the scalp helps improve the texture and the physical condition of the scalp by reducing dryness and tightness. Conditions such as an itchy scalp or dandruff due to infection can be cured by sesame oil massaging.
- Chemically treated hair gets damaged over time. Sesame oil helps regain the lost lustre as the oil’s deep penetrating properties nourish the hair from within.
- It helps in strengthening the hair shafts by the roots and promotes new hair growth.
- Reduces the split ends and hair prone to breakage leading to excessive hair fall with its rejuvenating qualities.
- Rough hair can be softened and made more manageable because of its conditioning properties.
- Sesame oil can also be combined with olive oil or almond oil to reap the maximum benefits from both the oils.
These are the wonderful benefits of sesame oil for hair. How many of these remedies did you already know? Do not forget to leave your feedback with us.
- 27 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Sesame Seeds For Skin, Hair and Health
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Sesame Oil For Hair
- How To Use Sesame Seeds For Hair Growth?
- 8 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Soybean Oil
- Is Tea Tree Oil Helpful In Curing Dandruff?