With more focus on looking good and staying healthy these days, our kitchen ingredients are becoming multi-taskers like never before!
Vinegar is one of those ingredients that are equally useful in the kitchen as well as for skin care. In addition to enhancing your taste buds and helping you digest your food, vinegar is also proven to help your skin look and feel better.
Vinegar For Skin
NOTE: Remember that in case of any irritation or discomfort on the skin after using vinegar, immediately discontinue using it. Get medical attention if the condition persists.
Now let us know the wonderful uses of vinegar for skin care:
1. Fight Body Odour:
Adding vinegar to water and using it will help in reducing body odor.
- Add a small cup of vinegar to a bucket of water
- Now take a bath with this water
2. Soft and Smooth Skin:
- Add a small tablespoon of vinegar to your liquid body wash
- Now wash your body using this mix.
It will make your skin soft, supple and smooth!
3. Astringent for Oily Skin:
Vinegar for oily skin acts as an astringent!
- Mix vinegar with water (in a half-and-half ratio)
- Now apply this mix to your face
This will help to reduce redness thus making your face smooth, and glowing
4. Fights Sun Burns:
Sun burns can be treated very easily at home with vinegar. Vinegar maintains the pH balance of the skin and helps to cool it down!
- Wet a cloth with cool water
- Apply some vinegar on to it
- Apply this cloth on your skin where you have signs of sun burn
- Let this soak in your skin for some time
- Leave it on for a few minutes
- Wash off with regular water
5. Cures Irritated Skin or Insect Bites:
We all suffer from irritated mosquito bites, insect bites and cuts. Use vinegar to treat it all and help cool your skin.
6. Clean Feet:
Fungus problems on the feet can be an embarrassing problem. This is another great vinegar uses for skin
- Mix vinegar with water
- Soak your feet in this mix
- This will help to reduce the odour from your feet
- It will also help in removing fungus and other germs
- The mix will also make your feet glow
7. Curing Dry and Cracked Heels:
Vinegar works effectively in curing dry skin problems.
- Scrub your feet with a pumice stone
- Now soak your feet in vinegar mixed with water.
This helps in curing dry, cracked heels and makes them soft
Here is our interesting article on how honey helps dry skin problems. Read it!
8. Extremely Clean Hands:
Sometimes, using a hand wash does not seem enough to get those perfectly clean hands.
- Use your hand wash to remove germs
- Now wash your hands with some vinegar and rinse with cool water
This makes your hand soft and super clean. Another great use of vinegar for skin as a great cleansing agent
9. Curing Black Heads:
Using vinegar is a great way to naturally treat and get rid of your black heads.
- Mash 3 strawberries and add some apple cider vinegar to it.
- Let the mixture be as it is for about 2 hours.
- Strain it and then apply the juice on your blackheads
- Leave it on overnight.
This will help in reducing and gradually removing blackheads.
Here is our exciting post to know amazing benefits of apple cider vinegar
10. Skin Lightening:
Vinegar acts as a great lightening agent. It is extremely effective in treating age related dark spots and other pigmentation issues.
- Mix onion juice with vinegar
- Now apply this mix on any pigmentation or age spots.
- Continuous use may lighten these spots and prevent them in the future.
Vinegar helps in making your skin beautiful and healthy in many different ways. Use it in these many different ways and give your skin some much needed natural care. Do tell us which of the above tips you tried out.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)