101 Make Up Tips And Tricks
Makeup, something a woman can’t do without. We can hardly think of going out without using atleast one makeup product on our face, right? Either a kajal or gloss, these things will definitely be in our bags, when we step out. What about we strike a 101 Make Up Tips and Tricks towards you.
The right foundation will even out your skin tone and give you the appearance of a flawless clear skin. But only if you apply it right, otherwise you’ll mess up the whole usage of a foundation making yourself look like a clown. So are you ready to know a few tips for the right application of foundation
1. Apply foundation with a sponge to give your face a sheer look. For more coverage apply it with your fingertips.
2. Use a fluffy blending brush to blend foundation properly. This won’t make your makeup look cakey.
3. Determine your skin tone to get a perfect match foundation.
4. Never test foundation on your wrist as because your wrist has a different color and undertone than your face. Try a few swipes down the chin to the neck and the color that you can’t see is the one you should be using.
Whether hereditary dark circles or the occasional issue, concealers work best to make them disappear if applied properly. Learn some tips on how to use them to your benefit.
5. Choose a concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin tone.
6. First apply an eye cream to smoothen out the under eye area. It also makes the concealer to stay for a longer time making your eyes look more rejuvenated.
7. Once your skin absorbs the eye cream, then apply concealer with your finger tips or with a small brush. Then set with foundation or powder.
8. Don’t miss out corners of your eyes, as they tend to be dark most of the time.
9. If you feel your concealer drying up during day time, apply eye cream or eye gel.
Use blush to add a little colour and freshness to your face.
10. Don’t use only powder blush. They tend to disappear faster.
11. Double up your blush application. Start with a cream based blush and gently tap it into the apples of your cheeks with the pads of your fingertips.
12. Take a swirl of color from your powder blush and layer it right over the top of the cream. Blend upward along the cheek bones.
13. The correct placement of blush is on the apples, where you would naturally flush like if you had been running around. This layering process will make your blush last for hours
Bronzers are all about giving you a sun-kissed look.
14. Choose a bronzer a shade or two darker than your skin tone to avoid looking orangey.
15. The focus of the bronzer’s placement should be approximately where the sun would naturally hit your face; across the forehead, the bridge of the nose and the apples of your cheeks.
16. Also dust a little bronzer powder on your neck and chest if those parts are exposed from the outfit you’re wearing.
17. If you overdo it by mistake and end up looking a little too orange, fix it by wiping off the excess with a clean makeup sponge.
- Face Powder:
One of the most commonly used product as it very easily and quickly cover up any blemishes on skin giving it a smooth look. It absorbs the excess oil and grease from your skin reducing the shine and making it look flawless.
18. Whether it is pressed or loose powder, match the colour to your skin tone. Test it on the top of your hand.
19. Wear face powder over foundation or alone and before applying any other makeup.
20. Don’t leave any spot, including eyes and lips. Also use it on your neck, hairline and ears if possible.
21. Blending is the key to face powder application. Make sure no fine lines are shown.
22.Keep your brush and applicator clean. Change them when necessary so that the oil and dirt do not clog your pores giving rise to irritation and infection.
Eyeliners are meant to define your eyes. It is an integral part of makeup routine and your makeup is never complete without a thin line on your eyes. They make your eyes appear bigger and make you look even more attractive. Some tips for a perfect eye look:
23. You should extend the eyeliner slightly past the corners of your eyes for that cat look.
24. Apply white liner to the waterline of your bottom lid to make your eyes look brighter. But don’t overload the inside lid. You should apply it in such a way as if you do not have any on.
25. Always apply the liquid liner after eyeshadow application. And allow it to dry before applying the mascara.
26. You should use the liquid liner on top and the pencil liner for the bottom.
27. If you have dark circles under the eyes, avoid using dark eyeliner.
28. When applying the eyeliner make sure that you apply it as close to the lashes as possible so that a white line doesn’t show up when liner and lashes do not connect.
29. If you want a softened eyeliner look, gently smudge the lines made using cotton buds or finger or any make-up brush you have that has a swab-like tip.
30. If the liner pencil is freshly sharpened then you should soften its tip by gently rolling it across the back of your hand.
31. While using an eye pencil you should open your mouth slightly. It will help you relax the eye muscles and make lining a lot easier without having to pull or tug at your lid.
32. If you do not like the sharpness of your eyeliner then you can soften it with the help of your eye shadow brush by adding a little powder shadow of the similar shade.
An eye makeup that has been used by both men and women for centuries. Women have used “kohl” or “kajal” from the Egyptian era to accentuate their eyes and achieve a look that we equate today with sultry and seductive beauty. The one problem with kajal is it smudges very easily. Lets learn some tips to wear kajal the right way and how to make it smudge-free.
33. Kajal tends to smudge more for oily skin beauties. So make sure you pat the eye area with either compact or face powder, so as to make the area oil-free. The powder absorbs the excess kajal and prevents it from smudging.
34. Another trick is to set your kajal with black eye shadow – the powder absorbs the moisture/oils that cause the smudging and make it stay longer.
35. Never touch or rub your eyes after applying kajal. An important trick to prevent smudging is applying liquid liner below the kajal. The liquid liner dries up and acts as a wall which prevents the kajal from getting down. It also gives you a neat look.
36. If you have extra oily eyelids, always, keep ear buds in your bag for touch ups of smudging as and when neede
Those thick luscious lashes can make any man swoon on his knees. Learn some easy tips to mascara application.
37. After you have applied all your coats of mascara, and let them dry completely, reload the wand and blink into the brush. The ends of your lashes will grab a few extra coats and grow to gorgeous lengths.
38. Try this trick if you want thick lashes. After applying one or two coats of mascara, use an eyeshadow brush to brush a coat of translucent powder on your lashes. The mascara will hold the powder making lashes look more thicker.
39. After the mascara gets dried up, use a tissue to blot any excess mascara / lumps on the eyelashes by gently holding it between the upper and lower eyelashes, close to the eye and gently closing your eyes.
40. Very often mascara runs because it slides into concealers and/or eye creams. Prevent this by sealing them. Dusting a healthy layer of translucent powder under and over the eyes will do the trick.
Know more mascara tips and tricks here. (http://stylecraze.com/wear-mascara-the-right-way-tutorial/)
- Eye shadow:
Aah! Those lovely shaded eyeshadow palettes. Who can resist them once you see them displayed in any makeup counter? But what’s the use if we don’t know how to apply them properly. So some tips for you.
41. The first and the foremost thing you should keep in mind is to choose eyeshadow color that will make your eyes pop. See here. (http://stylecraze.com/have-you-chosen-the-right-eye-shadow/)
42.Blending is another key to eyeshadow application.
43. Choose three colours- the lightest shade which is generally a taupe and acts as a base should be applied first, followed by the main colour (a medium shade)all over the lid, and finally the highlighter (the darkest shade).
44. When applying the highlighter colour to your crease, make sure to blend it only on the outer edge. If you bring it closer to your eyes, they’ll appear tiny and will look like two buttons.
See more make up tips and tricks here. (…)
- White eye pencil/liner
A magic product to open up your eyes wonderfully. Whenever using this always remember “lesser is better”.
45. Apply it on the inner rim of your lower waterline. Just a little application will do the job. Your eyes will look pretty and fresh.
46. When you use it on your upper lid, it attracts light and brightens up your eyes
47. Choose the right shade. Stark white may look ghastly, so opt for an off-whitish shade.
- Tired eyes:
Learn these quick make up tips to brighten up tired eyes:
48. Tired eyes will always have dark marks beneath them. Apply concealer under the eye to lighten up the area.
49. Apply nude colour eye shadow on the entire eye lid, right up to the eyebrow line.
50. Apply skin coloured (nude) eyeliner to the bottom of the eye.
51. Press in a little silver eye shadow into the inner corner of the eye.
52. Apply one coat of mascara.
There you say bye- bye to tired eyes and start your day afresh.
Your makeup is never complete without a hint of colour on your lips. Be it bold or neutral, a lipstick is a must for all makeup vanity. So what are those lipstick make up tips and tricks that will set you apart from the rest.
53. Using your finger, rub a moisturiser/balm or foundation primer into the lips.
54. Choose a ‘fruit of the forest’ colour (a purple/deep red shade), apply a light coat to your lips with your finger and rub in. Using your finger, dab a very small amount of lip gloss onto the middle of your bottom lip. This adds a dash of colour to your lips, yet giving it a natural look.
55. Using a soft, deep red lip liner outline your lips, rub in with your finger then apply the gloss. This gives more definition and fuller lips whilst still maintaining that natural look.
56. Choose lipsticks according to your skin tone. See here.
Lipliner acts as a border on your lips preventing your lip colour from bleeding.
57. Lip liners should coordinate with your lipstick color. Try to buy them together when possible.
58. It is easier to apply lip liner when the tip of the pencil is not too sharp. You can dull it slightly by running it across a tissue.
59. If you notice your lip liner last longer than your lipstick you can try applying your liner as a base of your lipstick. They will fade at the same time.
60. For longer-lasting lip color, shade both lips with lip liner after defining them. If you are putting on a light lipstick, use nude liner. As lipstick fades throughout the day, the liner offers a hint of colour.
- Lip gloss:
Get a sheeny and shiny pout with your favourite lip glos!. Lets know some interesting lipgloss tips and tricks.
61. If you have thinner lips and aren’t happy, try lip gloss application over the middle of your lips for the illusion of a juicy pout.
62. To make your lip gloss last longer, dust your lips with a thin layer of face powder. Then use a tissue to remove the excess powder. This way you’ll prevent the gloss from melting or smudging.
- Fuller lips tips:
To get fuller kissable lips is every girls’ dreams as they look sexier and feminine. But how to achieve them without injections or surgeries? These are some simple tips followed by many makeup artists to give thinner lips a fuller pout illusion:
63. Exfoliate your lips with a lip exfoliator or using a baby toothbrush, just rub your lips lightly to take off all the dead skin. This will make your lips softer and smoother creating a new canvas to paint it making it look fuller.
64. Now its time to line your lips. Using a neutral colour lip liner (something closer to your original lip colour or the lipstick you’ll use), line your top and bottom lip. Don’t exaggerate; draw the lines just a little above and bottom your original lip line.
65. Now fill your lips with the same lip liner, except for the very centre of your lips.
66. Now dab a little concealer on these left out portions of your lips. Apply lipstick on your lips. The centre of your lips due to concealer will look lighter giving the illusion of fuller lips.
67. Time for some gloss girls. Apply a light shimmery gloss over your lips starting from the centre and blending It outwards. The gloss reflects light makingyour pout appear more fuller.
Daily Makeup Tips
68. Always remember that while using the cosmetics on a daily basis you should use only quality products.
69. Therefore choosing the cosmetics is an important step as it is directly related to the skin care and health.
70. For the purpose of daily makeup usually powder cosmetics are preferred because they not only keep the shine under control but also contain less preservatives and skin irritants as compared to the liquid ones.
71. In case you cannot avoid use of the liquid foundation then you should opt for one, which has a silicone base because the silicone base does not cause acne.
72. If you apply makeup daily then you also need to remove it daily and for this you may need to use the makeup remover.
73. But remember that using makeup remover to clean out waterproof cosmetics also wipes out the protective layer of sebum from the skin, therefore you should use waterproof cosmetics only occasionally and not on routine basis.
74. You should never use the cosmetics that have crossed their expiry dates because it could be extremely harmful.
75. You should also wash and clean the makeup brushes and sponges regularly.
76. Normal life span of the cosmetics
-Mascaras: about 3 to 4 months
-Foundations: last for 1 year
-Lipsticks: last for 1 year
-Powder: last for about 2 years
-Eye shadows: last for about 2 years.
77. For the purpose of daily makeup Pencil eyeliner and eyebrow pencils that are wax based should be preferred because they can be cleaned off easily by using water only.
78. Creating a full lip. Apply primer to the lips, which allows the pigment to stick better and last longer. Then, apply a lipstick that is moisturizing to create a plumping effect. Finish off by applying a clear gloss over the lipstick to achieve fuller-looking lips.
79. Highlighting your eyes. Play up your eyes by choosing colors that complement your eye color. If you have green eyes, choose lavender and purple eye shadows. Highlight blue eyes with shimmery browns and deep blue. Those with brown eyes should choose emerald greens. Use the lightest eye shadow color on the lids and the darker color for the eyelid crease.
80. Achieving flawless skin. First, apply a moisturizer with SPF to the skin to smooth out any dry areas. Then, use a foundation brush to apply a primer all over your face. Finish off with a light coverage foundation and dust with powder to set the look.
81. For the daily makeup light earth tones are preferable as they not only give a natural look but also are less likely to cause skin irritation than the darker colors.
82. You should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen. The sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor 15 or higher and with ingredients such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide is very effective in avoiding the harmful effects of UVA rays.
83. However, for the daily use cosmetics with fewer ingredients are much safer therefore you should opt for the cosmetics that contain not more than 10 ingredients.
84. Though nail polishes are very important for giving a beautiful look to your hands but they are not for daily use.
85. For a quick pedicure you should scrape the dead skin off the soles of your feet after shower using an emery board.
86. You should rub them over with lotion or olive oil or petroleum jelly and push back the cuticles of your toenails.
87. You can wear socks all the time to maintain them.
88. For a quick manicure you can follow the similar procedure.
89. You can maintain them by wearing gloves at night.
Fix makeup faux pas:
Too much foundation:
90. Sometimes it happens that you put on too much of foundation and you face looks too made up. What to do? Simple. Just moist a clean sponge. It should be free of any makeup residues. Then … the sponge of water so that its almost dry. Sponge your face lightly in downward movement. Also do the same when you feel you’ve applied excess concealer around your eyes. Afterwards use your fingertips to softly blur the product in that area.
Too much or too dark eyeshadow, follow these steps to quickly fix the problem:
91. If it happened on your upper eyelid, blur the eyeshadow toward the edges with a clean brush to reduce the color. If it still looks very dark, apply a little bit of matte cream eyeshadow with a brush (if you don’t have cream eyeshadow, you can use translucent powder) and blur the eyeshadow.
92. If it happened on the lower part of your eye, use a fine, clean brush to blur, or pat it softly with a Q-tip.
93. While blurring, if you’ve left the contour of the eyelid and the shadow looks very dark, blur it with a clean sponge and afterwards apply a little bit of foundation, patting lightly to fix the foundation.
It happens at times girls that you put on too mush blush and then feel yourself looking loke a clown. We have solution to fix that. Follow these simple tips:
94. Stroke your cheek with a thick hair powder brush. This should help you get rid of excess blush.
95. But if you still have blush on, then use brush translucent or loose powder over the blush. The two colours should mix making the colour neutral.
Red or pink teeth when you smile and your friends say, “Oh! You’ve got lipstick on your teeth”. How embarrassing it feels! Don’t we all know? Be careful of it when you step out of your house.
96. Blot the excess lipstick on a tissue paper. Don’t rub. Just press the tissue over your lips lightly.
97. There is a finger trick you can try. Put your index finger inside your mouth and close your lips. Now pull the finger out. Yopu’ll find the excess lipstick on your fingers.
98. Use Vaseline on your teeth. The greasy effect will prevent lipstick from sticking and will also give you a glossier smile.
Your eyebrows define your personality. So it is always advised to keep it well shaped. Whenever you’re applying makeup on eyebrows don’t use too much that you can’t recognize yourself. However, if it happens so, try this:
99. Simply brush your eyebrows with a Q-tip. You’ll find the excess colour disappears within seconds.
Mascara smearing on lids:
The whole eye makeup being done and you open to see your beautiful eyes when you find mascara all over your eye lids. Don’t fret girls. Fix it.
100. Wait for the mascara to dry up, then using a Q-tip rub this excess mascara. It will go off smoothly and won’t mess up your eye makeup.
What seemed to look good when you were applying makeup in your room is just too much out in the daylight.
101. Use a big, clean makeup brush to gently remove excess product. Then, pat with a tissue and brush again. This will tone down your makeup and soften your look without having to start all over again or pile more makeup. If you don’t have a makeup brush available, use a clean sponge to pick up excess makeup.
These are our makeup tips girls. What yours?