Dry and frizzy hair is a cry for oil nourishment and moisturizing. Moisturizingis of paramount importance for curly and rough hair types to maintain manageable hair. Most women around the world prefer a weekly visit to hair spasfor keeping frizzy-ness at bay. This is not a very affordable option for many.On the other hand some might not favor the chemical based productsused in these spas.
There are a few natural, at-homemaintenance forms to help hair nourishment. Let us have a look at some of those frizzy hair home remedies.
Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair:
Remedy 1: Almond oil and Egg
Almond oil acts as a natural hair emollient while the egg proteins repair the hair strands.
- Mix 1/4th cup of almond oil with one raw egg and blend it well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this on hair and scalp, and wait 40 minutes before washing hair.
- Rinse hair as usual with clean water.
- Make sure to use a rich nourishing shampoo and conditioner.
Remedy 2: Avocado Mask
Using avocado based hair mask is an inexpensive yet effective remedy to control frizzy hair issues.Simply mash an avocado with curd to make a smooth creamy paste. This can be used as a hair mask once or twice every week to naturally condition hair and prevent dryness.
Remedy 3: Coconut oil and Vitamin E
Mixture of unscented coconut oil and pure Vitamin E oil can do the trick too.
- Mix 1 part of Vitamin E oil with 4 parts of coconut oil, shake well and store it suitably. Warm this oil and treat yourself to a hair and scalp massage.
- Wash your hair after about 40 minutes.
It does wonders in nourishing hair.Warm oil penetrates the hair roots and scalp pores better than the normal oils. Hence, do make sure to heat your hair oil before using it for the massage.
Remedy 4: Hot oil massage
Here is another option for fans of the hot oil treatment.
- Take 1/3rd cups of coconut oil and olive oil. Add to this, 2-4 teaspoons of pure almond oil.
- Warm the mixture on indirect heat.
- Massage this into your scalp and cover your head with a warm, moist towel for 20 minutes.
- Wash with a mild shampoo. For additional benefit, you can rinse with honeyed water.
Remedy 5: Mayonnaise
- Mix 1/4th cup of mayonnaise, 1/3rd cup of pure almond oil and 1-2 eggs depending on your hair length.
- Coat every single strand of your hair religiously and cover it (with a shower cap for example) to let the mixture settle.
- Rinse with vinegar, after sufficiently diluting it with water
Remedy 6: Banana
Bananas are great for hair conditioning! A banana mask for hair is just the kind of pamper your hair deserves. Use a mixture of banana, honey and coconut/almond oil whenever you feel dryness creeping in.
Instructions on how to make the pack are given here.
Remedy 7: Beer
Beer is surely a popular drink for everyone who has a taste for it. But it is also popularly known that beer makes for a good hair wash product hybrid that results into soft hair on use.
Here is how you can use beer for your hair
Remedy 8: Lemon juice
This is the boon that all of you with dry scalp have been yearning for! Find out how to use it here.
Remedy 9: Eggs
Egg has been one of the most popular home remedies for frizzy hair.There’s little else as good as the combination of eggs and olive oil.
Here is how you make a pack of egg and olive oil as a home remedy for hair care.
Remedy 10: Honey
Are you looking for a simple solution that won’t need a lot of time in using it? A honey rinse is your solution. Here is how you use a honey rinse.
Remedy 11: Honey and yogurt
A honey rinse isn’t the only way to use honey. Here is another method for some additional nourishing for your hair.
Read here to find out how to make and use it!
Remedy 12: Vinegar
If you’re looking for a method that doesn’t involve you washing your hair or even wetting your hair again after a wash, then this vinegar treatment was made just for you. Apply it one your scalp with a cotton ball after a wash and comb gently by spread the hair out. That’s all you need to do!
So here is the compilation of some of the best solutions for you! Try them and fall in love with your hair all over again!
- 5 Effective Tips To Control And Calm Your Frizzy Hair
- Best Shampoos For Frizzy Hair Available In India
- Top Hair Masks Available In India For Dry, Frizzy Hair
- 7 Hairstyles For Frizzy Wavy Hair
- Top 13 Conditioners For Dry And Frizzy Hair
“Gorgeous hair is the best revenge.” - Ivana Trump A good hair day can make you feel confident and super attractive.Shiny and strong hair is the envy among peers. This makes hair care is...>>
Just like we have different skin types, in the form of dry, normal or oily, our hair too is different. There...>>
No, no, please don’t get it wrong. We won’t be discussing booze with reference to drinking today, though its a weekend. But yeah, we can definitely ask you to purchase beer for your. You may be surprised to know that beer for hair can simply be wondrous. Beer clarifies,...>>
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Top 50 Stylish and Smart Summer Bob Hairstyles - May 22, 2014
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Red Clover For Skin, Hair And Health - May 20, 2014
- 25 Fitness Experts Reveal Their Secrets On How To Lose Weight Effectively - April 28, 2014
- Top 10 Yoga Poses to Cool Down - April 10, 2014