Dry and frizzy hair is a cry for oil nourishment and moisturizing. Moisturizingis of paramount importance for curly and rough hair types to maintain manageable hair. Most women around the world prefer a weekly visit to hair spasfor keeping frizzy-ness at bay. This is not a very affordable option for many.On the other hand some might not favor the chemical based productsused in these spas.
There are a few natural, at-homemaintenance forms to help hair nourishment. Let us have a look at some of those frizzy hair home remedies.
Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair:
Remedy 1: Almond oil and Egg
Almond oil acts as a natural hair emollient while the egg proteins repair the hair strands.
- Mix 1/4th cup of almond oil with one raw egg and blend it well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this on hair and scalp, and wait 40 minutes before washing hair.
- Rinse hair as usual with clean water.
- Make sure to use a rich nourishing shampoo and conditioner.
Remedy 2: Avocado Mask
Using avocado based hair mask is an inexpensive yet effective remedy to control frizzy hair issues.Simply mash an avocado with curd to make a smooth creamy paste. This can be used as a hair mask once or twice every week to naturally condition hair and prevent dryness.
[ Read: Homemade Beauty Tips For Hair ]
Remedy 3: Coconut oil and Vitamin E
Mixture of unscented coconut oil and pure Vitamin E oil can do the trick too.
- Mix 1 part of Vitamin E oil with 4 parts of coconut oil, shake well and store it suitably. Warm this oil and treat yourself to a hair and scalp massage.
- Wash your hair after about 40 minutes.
It does wonders in nourishing hair.Warm oil penetrates the hair roots and scalp pores better than the normal oils. Hence, do make sure to heat your hair oil before using it for the massage.
Remedy 4: Hot oil massage
Here is another option for fans of the hot oil treatment.
- Take 1/3rd cups of coconut oil and olive oil. Add to this, 2-4 teaspoons of pure almond oil.
- Warm the mixture on indirect heat.
- Massage this into your scalp and cover your head with a warm, moist towel for 20 minutes.
- Wash with a mild shampoo. For additional benefit, you can rinse with honeyed water.
[ Read: Homemade Conditioners For Damaged Hair ]
Remedy 5: Mayonnaise
- Mix 1/4th cup of mayonnaise, 1/3rd cup of pure almond oil and 1-2 eggs depending on your hair length.
- Coat every single strand of your hair religiously and cover it (with a shower cap for example) to let the mixture settle.
- Rinse with vinegar, after sufficiently diluting it with water
Remedy 6: Banana
Bananas are great for hair conditioning! A banana mask for hair is just the kind of pamper your hair deserves. Use a mixture of banana, honey and coconut/almond oil whenever you feel dryness creeping in.
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Top 50 Stylish And Smart Summer Bob Hairstyles - May 22, 2014
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Red Clover For Skin, Hair And Health - May 20, 2014
- 25 Fitness Experts Reveal Their Secrets On How To Lose Weight Effectively - April 28, 2014
- Top 10 Yoga Poses to Cool Down - April 10, 2014