For women, gaining weight is a huge deal. However, there are certain prominent regions like thighs, hips and waist that can easily attract fat accumulation, thus it is very important to work on those areas first.Ask women who have heavy thighs and hips, the only thing on their mind would be to find the perfect means to lose weight.
Women do what not to get into best shape, right from massage gels, creams, diets etc.; they do it all, but none of them work when it comes to burning fat. The truth is that only exercises will help you tone down the lower section of your body. There are two ways to achieving a toned body, one is to head to the gym and the other is to indulge in yoga exercises.If you think you have a busy schedule and you can’t find time to step out, then in-house yoga exercises fror thighs will help you to slim down your thighs and hips very effectively.
Yoga Asanas For Thighs And Buttocks:
1. Chair Pose:
This asana will require immense stamina and you may experience pain in your legs in the initial first practices. However, by doing it regularly,you will gain flexibility and the pain will go away:
How To Do:
- Start by standing with your feet together.
- While inhaling, raise your hands over your head.
- Moreover, bend your knees slightly and dip into a squat while exhalation.
- Remain in this position for 30-60 seconds and again come back to the standing position.
- Beginners can do it for ten times and increase the counts as you get into practice.
Chair pose is really helpful because it strengthens your thigh muscles and tones down the extra fat.
[ Read: Utkatasana And Its Benefits ]
2. Dance Of The Legs:
- Lie on your back with closed eyes and raise your left leg straight up as much as you can and ensure you inhale at the same time.
- Without any straining, your right leg should be still on the floor.
- Now tighten your abdomen as you exhale, fold your left leg at the knees and press it close to the chest. Remember not to leave your hand, continue holding the ankle still.
- Now raise your head to meet the knees of your left leg while remaining in that position for 5-10 seconds.
- While putting your head back on the ground, inhale deeply, release the left leg, and repeat the same with right leg.
This asana will work on your thighs, hips and also your lower back.
3. Deep Squats:
This yoga exercise for thighs works wonders!
How To Do:
- Stand with both your feet about 12 inches apart and bring the arms in front of you with palms facing the ground.
- Now squat down with a deep inhalation, while you bend down ensure your knees are forming a 90 degrees angle allowing you to dip down in the position.
- Get back immediately to standing position while exhaling and repeat again.
4. AnandaBalasana (Happy Child Pose):
Open up your hips and give it a good stretch with this stress-busting yoga pose. It also helps in realigning your spine and calming down that bustling mind.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your back, hands by your sides, legs stretched out.
- Lift the legs and bend your knees, drawing them towards your chest.
- Hold the big toes with the thumb, index and middle fingers of respective hands.
- Widen your knees allowing them to come closer to your armpits while stacking the ankles above the knees.
- Elongate your lower back, allowing the tailbone tip to come into contact with the mat.
- Breathe deeply and hold the posture for 10 deep breaths.
- Exhale and hug the knees to the chest and release the pose.
- Lengthen your lower back down to the ground, trying to touch the tip of your tailbone to the floor.
- Stay here for 1 minute, and then release and draw your knees into your chest.
5. Warrior Pose I (Virabhadrasana I):
- Stand straight with your feet apart.
- Now shift your left foot to the side such that there is a three to four feet distance between both the legs.
- Keeping your left foot straight; rotate it to your left side entirely where your right foot rotates slightly.
- Now spin your torso to your left side making sure your legs are in the same position.
- Bend the knee of your left leg; carry your torso forward to the left side where you raise both your hands above your head in a Namaste.
This pose increases your stamina like a warrior and strengthens your legs too.
6. Warrior Pose II (Virabhadrasana II):
7. Bridge Pose (SetuBandhasana):
How To Do:
- Lie down with your back on the ground with stretched legs and bend your legs at the knees with your feet grounded.
- Place your hands by your side with palms facing the ground.
- Now lift up your hips off the ground towards the ceiling, letting your hands and feet to be on the ground.
- Hold this position by lifting your hands over your head.
- To bring a little variation to this asana, lift up one of your legs in the air, hold it for some time, and repeat it with the other leg too.
Here Is The Video – Bridge Pose
[ Read: Bridge Pose And Its Benefits ]
8. One-Legged downward-Facing Dog Pose:
- Start with the downward dog pose.
- Lift your right leg high up in the air supporting yourself on two hands and your left leg.
- Hold for five breaths, put your leg down and repeat with the other leg too.
9. BaddhaKonasana (Cobbler’s pose):
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent so that both the soles of your feet are facing each other.
- Keep your spine elongated ensuring that your posture is straight.
- Press the soles of your feet together and hold this pose for a minute.
Here Is The Video – Baddha Konasana / Cobbler’s pose
[ Read: Baddha Konasana And Its Benefits ]
10. Locust Pose:
How To Do:
- Lie down with your belly on the ground and place hands by your side with palms facing the ceiling.
- As you inhale, lift up your legs and your upper torso and support yourself on the abdomen.
- Your hips get toned with this posture.
11. Reverse Warrior Or Crescent Moon Pose:
How To Do:
- Start off by standing in Warrior II position.
- Now gently arch your torso backwards and place your left hand over the back of your left leg.
- Raise the right hand over your head and hold for five breaths while repeating with the other side.
[ Read: Crescent Moon Pose And Its Benefits ]
12. Standing Hand To Toe:
How To Do:
- Stand with your spine straight, feet together and hands on your waist.
- Lift your right leg straight up with your left leg’s support.
- Hold for a few breaths and repeat with the other leg.
These asanas will help you to tone down your thighs and buttocks very easily.
NOW WATCH – Tara Stiles: Weight Loss, Hips, Thighs And Butt
- Top 10 Exercises For Keeping Your Nose In Shape
- 9 Yoga Poses To Stay Fit
- 4 Best Home Exercises for those Flabby Arms
- Shilpa Shetty Yoga For Weight Loss – Top 5 Poses
- 14 Yoga Exercises For Slimming Your Face