For women, gaining weight is a huge deal. However, there are certain prominent regions like thighs, hips and waist that can easily attract fat accumulation, thus it is very important to work on those areas first.Ask women who have heavy thighs and hips, the only thing on their mind would be to find the perfect means to lose weight.
Women do what not to get into best shape, right from massage gels, creams, diets etc.; they do it all, but none of them work when it comes to burning fat. The truth is that only exercises will help you tone down the lower section of your body. There are two ways to achieving a toned body, one is to head to the gym and the other is to indulge in yoga exercises.If you think you have a busy schedule and you can’t find time to step out, then in-house yoga exercises fror thighs will help you to slim down your thighs and hips very effectively.
Yoga asanas for Thighs and Buttocks:
1. Chair pose:
This asana will require immense stamina and you may experience pain in your legs in the initial first practices. However, by doing it regularly,you will gain flexibility and the pain will go away:
- Start by standing with your feet together.
- While inhaling, raise your hands over your head.
- Moreover, bend your knees slightly and dip into a squat while exhalation.
- Remain in this position for 30-60 seconds and again come back to the standing position.
- Beginners can do it for ten times and increase the counts as you get into practice.
Chair pose is really helpful because it strengthens your thigh muscles and tones down the extra fat.
2. Dance of the legs:
- Lie on your back with closed eyes and raise your left leg straight up as much as you can and ensure you inhale at the same time.
- Without any straining, your right leg should be still on the floor.
- Now tighten your abdomen as you exhale, fold your left leg at the knees and press it close to the chest. Remember not to leave your hand, continue holding the ankle still.
- Now raise your head to meet the knees of your left leg while remaining in that position for 5-10 seconds.
- While putting your head back on the ground, inhale deeply, release the left leg, and repeat the same with right leg.
This asana will work on your thighs, hips and also your lower back.
3. Deep squats:
This yoga exercise for thighs works wonders!
- Stand with both your feet about 12 inches apart and bring the arms in front of you with palms facing the ground.
- Now squat down with a deep inhalation, while you bend down ensure your knees are forming a 90 degrees angle allowing you to dip down in the position.
- Get back immediately to standing position while exhaling and repeat again.
4. AnandaBalasana (Happy child pose):
- Stand straight with your feet apart.
- Now shift your left foot to the side such that there is a three to four feet distance between both the legs.
- Keeping your left foot straight; rotate it to your left side entirely where your right foot rotates slightly.
- Now spin your torso to your left side making sure your legs are in the same position.
- Bend the knee of your left leg; carry your torso forward to the left side where you raise both your hands above your head in a Namaste.
This pose increases your stamina like a warrior and strengthens your legs too.