Do you want a fit body to die for? But do you often worry you don’t have enough time to work out? With our hectic schedules and never-ending work, we can hardly find time for intense exercise.
But what if you could tone your whole body in just 15 minutes? Unbelievable, isn’t it? But there does exist a workout, which covers four routines in 15 minutes and can work your entire body! Chiselled abs and a leaner body, just by working out for 15 minutes a day! Now, how do you like that!
Want to know more about 15 minute full body workout? Then read on!
1. Dumbbell Squat:
Though the dumbbell squat or the simple squat is the most preferred option, there are some variations. It helps tone the Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Core, and Quadriceps.
To Perform A Dumbbell Squat:
- Lift a pair of dumbbells and keep at the sides, with the knuckles facing away from your body.
- Lower your body as far as you can by squatting down. Bend your knees and assume the position of sitting down. Your thighs should be parallel to the ground. Pause and move back to the starting position.
- Do 15 repetitions (about 30 seconds).
2. Overhead Press With Leg Lift:
Overhead Press works your upper body. By combining a leg lift with it, the exercise targets the shoulders, core, chest and thighs.
To Perform The Overhead Press With Leg Lift:
- Lift the dumbbells in front of your shoulders. The knuckles should be pointing to the sides away from your body.
- Balance on your left leg and lift the other leg six inches to the side. Extend both arms overhead.
- Lower your leg and arms, keeping the torso straight.
- Do 15 repetitions (about 30 seconds); alternate sides.
3. Oblique Elbow Taps:
The oblique elbow taps have been featured in movies as the ultimate, and sometimes the only exercise one needed to get killer abs. However, the elbow tap is a part of the 15-minute total body workout and is especially effective along with the other exercises. Elbow taps target obliques, abs and the lower back.
To Perform Oblique Elbow Taps:
- Sit down on a mat, with your knees bent and feet lying on the floor. Keep your fingertips on your abdomen, and the elbows thrust out to the sides.
- Begin rolling towards the floor and rotate your upper body to the right, lightly patting the right elbow to the floor. Alternate with the left elbow to the left side.
- Make sure you can do 8 taps each side. Rest for five odd seconds. Repeat.
- Do 16 repetitions (about 30 seconds); 8 taps on alternate sides.
4. Alternating Bridge:
The alternating leg bridge is a great remedy for lower back pain. It is designed to strengthen the lower back muscles. It targets the hips, glutes, calves and legs.
To Perform Alternating Leg Bridges:
- Lie down on your back and keep the feet at hip-width. Remember to keep your knees bent.
- Letting your arms remain at your sides, lift your hips as high as you can, taking care that you don’t overarch your back. Extend the right leg at a 90-degree angle to the floor. Hold the position for ten seconds.
- Begin to lower the leg and hips. Alternate sides and repeat.
- Do 15 repetitions (one minute); alternate sides
The quadruped may sound like animalistic. Let’s skip the puns and see how it helps you get fitter faster. The quadruped targets the chest, back, core and arms muscles.
To Perform A Quadruped:
- This execise is best performed with a yoga ball. Keeping the ball firm on the ground, lay over it by balancing it with your abdomen. Now, get into a push-up position with your legs shoulder widht apart.
- Get into a push-up position with the left arm and the right leg lifted, and the right arm and left leg firm on the ground.
- Lower the arm and the leg and proceed to another push-up. This time switch over to the right arm and left leg, on returning to the starting position. Hold for five seconds.
- Do 15 repetitions (one minute); alternate sides.
[ Video:- Full Body Workout For Women ]
We hope that the 15-minute full body workout has got you raring to go. Don’t wait; begin working out today with these simple 15 minute exercise routines. You can also check out many videos on the exercises. How do you like the exercise routine? Do let us know in the comments section below!
- 10 Best Butterfly Stroke Swimming Exercises To Tone Your Body
- 4 Amazing Mountain Climbers Exercises To Tone Your Body
- 5 Best Couch Workouts To Tone Your Body
- 8 Amazing Yoga Poses To Tone Your Body
- 6 Best Stand Up Abs Workout For A Fit And Toned Body
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas For Strong Feet - September 1, 2015
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015