We all hate blackheads and erasing them can be such a pain. Squeezing them out, getting a facial, using nose strips – it can all be so overwhelming! So what could be better than a few good home remedies to get rid of Blackheads for good?
Squeezing blackheads out is not the best idea as it can lead to inflamed skin and eventually scarring. So here are a few tips to get rid of blackheads and prevent them altogether using simple ingredients lying around your home. You must surely own a few listed here, all the ingredients mentioned will help you save your skin from the ‘black-headed’ nightmare.
What are Blackheads?
Blackheads are small bumps that appear on the skin due to clogged hair follicles. These bumps are called blackheads because the surface looks dark or black. Blackheads are a type of acne that appears on the face and nose, but it can also appear on the back, chest, arms and shoulders. It is a very common skin problem that affects many people.
So how do blackheads form? Blackheads occur when a clog or plug develops in the opening of hair follicles present in your skin. Each follicle contains one hair and a sebaceous gland that secretes oil called sebum. The sebum helps to keep the skin soft. When dead skin cells and oils accumulate in the opening of the skin follicles, it produces a bump called comedone. If the skin over the bump stays closed, then the bump is called a whitehead. When the skin over the bump opens, exposure to the air makes it look black, thus it is called a blackhead.The blackheads are easy to spot on the skin because they are dark in color. They are slightly raised but not inflamed or painful like pimples.
Causes of Blackheads:
You must be curious to know why blackheads occur frequently. Here are some factors that increase the chance of developing acne and blackheads on the skin.
- When the skin secretes excess body oil
- Buildup of propionibacterium acnes on the skin
- Irritation of the hair follicles when the dead skin cells don’t shed at the regular basis
- When there are hormonal changes in the body, the skin produces excess oil or sebum. Sometimes, the skin releases excess sebum during menstruation and while taking birth control pills.
- Some blackheads can occur due to reaction from drugs like corticosteroids, lithium and androgens.
- Stress can also cause blackheads. So you need to practice meditation to de-stress yourself.
- Sometimes genetics or inheritance cause frequent blackheads.
- If your face is not clean it can lead to blackheads. So if you want healthy skin you have to clean it everyday without fail.
- Since cosmetics contains some chemicals that can react with the skin and cause blackheads.
- Cut down on smoking, drinking alcohol or caffeinated drinks.
20 Home Remedies for Blackheads:
Here are some home remedies to remove blackheads, and you will get all the ingredients in your pantry. These simple yet effective tips will help you to get rid of acne quickly. Do try these simple home remedies for blackheads and see the results.