Have you asked yourself ever how to lighten skin tone. Do you think your the only one?
The craze for skin lightening with the hundreds of creams and cosmetics being marketed to specifically lighten the skin, are testimony to the fact that the greater percentage of women in our country dream of acquiring a fairer skin tone.
Avoid lightening the skin tone using harsh, chemical-loaded cosmetics which are expensive at the same time. Try out these cost-effective easy homemade skin lightening remedies which will brighten and whiten the skin and impart it with a natural glow. These home made whitening creams will also boost hydration and glow, thereby offering you gorgeous looking skin. This is a perfect solution on how to get lighter skin tone.
Homemade Remedies For Skin Lightening:
Here are 3 simple face packs for skin lightening treatment at home.
1. Dried Orange Peels and Yogurt:
Our very first choice of the homemade tips for skin lightening!
Orange peels can be dried at home by placing them under the sun. Dry those till all the moisture is gone and the peels turn crisp.
- Grind dried orange peels into powder form and mix 1 tbsp of it with 1 tbsp fresh and unflavored yogurt to make a paste.
- This mixture should be applied and allowed to stay on cleansed skin for 15-20 minutes and then rinsed off.
- This mask is effective in lightening skin blemishes and spots as well.
- It also helps to remove blackheads when massaged on the affected areas in circular motion.
2. Tomato, Yogurt and Oatmeal Mask for Bright Skin:
This is a very effective home remedy for skin lightening treatment.
- Add 1 tsp each of yoghurt and tomato juice to a teaspoon of oatmeal.
- homemade skin lightening 2
- Apply on your cleansed skin and leave for 15-20 minutes, followed by rinsing with cold water.
Yogurt has mild bleaching effects; it helps to keep away blemishes and leaves the skin moisturized and supple. Oatmeal acts as a natural and gentle exfoliant for the skin and tomato juice lightens skin naturally in addition to being a good astringent. While rinsing off the mask, you can rub it gently so that the oatmeal can remove the dead skin cells. This mask is also effective in removing sun tan.
3. Milk, Lemon Juice and Honey:
- Lemon Juice.
- Use 1 tsp each of milk/milk powder, honey and lemon juice and mix together well.
- This face mask should be applied all over cleansed skin and left for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off. It also makes your skin really soft.
[ Read: Simple Remedies For Fair Skin ]
4. Potato Facial Mask:
- Potato slice.
- pulp or juice.
- Use potato slices or paste as a mask or even the juice on the tanned areas of skin of potato can be applied atleast twice on to skin.
- After 15-20 minutes, wash off with plain water.
5. Lemon Juice Facial Mask:
- Lemon juice
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice on the affected spot areas or whole skin, and hands also.
- Leave it on for 15 -20 mins
- Do not forget to wash them off with cold water preferably or running cold tap water (chilled not required).
Remember lemon makes your skin more photosensitive , i.e sensitive to sun rays, since it’s a natural bleach. So do not go out into sun immediately after using it. Do wait for at least 5-8 hours before stepping out. And when you do step out make sure you use an umbrella and a good quality sunscreen at least 20 mins before to ensure effective protection against UVA and UVB rays.
6. Lemon or Orange Rind Facial Mask for Skin Whitening:
Lemon and orange are citrus fruits which are well known for their acidic properties which works well when our aim is to lightening our skin.
- Lemon or orange rind
- Raw milk
- Take lemon zest or lemon rind ( the outer skin grated), or orange zest, dry them out in the sun (do not microwave) and then grind them to a powdered form.
- Keep in dry air tight container
- Use it mixed with raw milk and use as pack on affected areas.
- Wash off with warm water .
- Immediately use a cool toner.
7. Tomato Juice Facial Mask for Skin Whitening:
- Tomato juice
And if you’re one of those people who just can’t deal with tomatoes, then this can be followed even with cucumber, potatoes and lemon!
- Apply tomato juice on to skin with a cotton ball
- Leave on till it dries
- Wash off
8. Turmeric Facial Mask for Skin Whitening:
This is one of the oldest and most trusted tips for skin whitening. So much so that it is also a part of our wedding ceremonies!
- Raw milk
FYI all the ingredients are well known for their skin brightening properties! After all Queen Cleopatra did bathe raw milk and rose petals and no one can ever say she isn’t one of the most beautiful to ever walk earth!
[ Read : Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin ]
- Make a pack of turmeric powder with about 1 teaspoon, besan or gram four,
- Use a little raw milk to make paste
- Add chandan or sandal wood powder about 2 tbsp to this mixture.
- Use on face moistened i.e. do not let it dry out completely, whenever u feel it stretching, use a little milk or water and massage again and leave on.
- Total time should not exceed like 20 minutes or so.
- Wash off with plain water.
9. Raw Papaya Facial Mask for Skin Whitening:
- Raw Papaya paste or fresh juice
- Papaya paste can be applied on to the face
- Leave on for about 15 minutes or so
- And wash off
- Grate the papaya and squeeze the juice from it
- Apply with cotton ball.
- Keep for about 20 minutes
- Then wash off
[ Read: Dark Neck Remedies ]
- Use a freshly squeezed lemon and not frozen juice.
- Lemon juice can make your skin photosensitive; hence wearing sunscreen everyday is a must when you use this remedy.
- Lemon juice may not suit sensitive skin or if you are allergic to lemon.
- These natural skin lightening home remedies can be used daily or every alternate day.
Many of us may not be born with a fair complexion. But does that mean we are not beautiful? Absolutely not, in my opinion. Several renowned models and celebrities who are not endowed with a fair complexion are beautiful simply because they take good care of their skin and diet, and possess healthy, glowing skin. Hence we need to understand that clear and healthy skin (be it dusky) is more important than just having a fair skin tone. Try to follow these homemade remedies for skin lightening in your skin care routine.
- Easy Remedies For Clear And Spotless Skin
- Top 10 Skin Lightening Creams
- Skin Whitening Tips at Home
- Top 10 Skin Whitening Soaps Available In India
- 9 Essential Face Packs For Skin Whitening
Latest posts by Oindrila (see all)
- 10 Latest Winter Hairstyles That You Can Flaunt - July 20, 2013
- How to Stop And Reduce Hair Fall – 21 Things That Worked For Me - July 17, 2013
- 50 Lovely Bun Hairstyles For Long Hair - July 9, 2013
- Best Liquid Eyeliners – Our Top 10 - July 6, 2013