3 Easy Homemade Skin Lightening Remedies
Have you asked yourself ever how to lighten skin tone. Do you think your the only one?
The craze for skin lightening with the hundreds of creams and cosmetics being marketed to specifically lighten the skin, are testimony to the fact that the greater percentage of women in our country dream of acquiring a fairer skin tone.
Avoid lightening the skin tone using harsh, chemical-loaded cosmetics which are expensive at the same time. Try out these cost-effective easy homemade skin lightening remedies which will brighten and whiten the skin and impart it with a natural glow. These home made whitening creams will also boost hydration and glow, thereby offering you gorgeous looking skin. This is a perfect solution on how to get lighter skin tone.
Homemade Skin Lightening Remedies
Here are 3 simple face packs for skin lightening treatment at home.
1. Dried Orange Peels and Yogurt:
Our very first choice of the homemade tips for skin lightening!
Orange peels can be dried at home by placing them under the sun. Dry those till all the moisture is gone and the peels turn crisp.
- Grind dried orange peels into powder form and mix 1 tbsp of it with 1 tbsp fresh and unflavored yogurt to make a paste.
- This mixture should be applied and allowed to stay on cleansed skin for 15-20 minutes and then rinsed off.
- This mask is effective in lightening skin blemishes and spots as well.
- It also helps to remove blackheads when massaged on the affected areas in circular motion.
[ Read: Best Skin Lightening Creams ]
2. Tomato, Yogurt and Oatmeal mask for bright Skin:
This is a very effective home remedy for skin lightening treatment.
Ingredients: Tomato, Yogurt and Oatmeal
- Add 1 tsp each of yoghurt and tomato juice to a teaspoon of oatmeal.
- homemade skin lightening 2
- Apply on your cleansed skin and leave for 15-20 minutes, followed by rinsing with cold water.
Yogurt has mild bleaching effects; it helps to keep away blemishes and leaves the skin moisturized and supple. Oatmeal acts as a natural and gentle exfoliant for the skin and tomato juice lightens skin naturally in addition to being a good astringent. While rinsing off the mask, you can rub it gently so that the oatmeal can remove the dead skin cells. This mask is also effective in removing sun tan.
3. Milk, Lemon Juice and Honey:
Ingredients: Milk, Lemon Juice and Honey
- Use 1 tsp each of milk/milk powder, honey and lemon juice and mix together well.
- This face mask should be applied all over cleansed skin and left for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off. It also makes your skin really soft.
[ Read: Simple Remedies For Fair Skin ]
- Use a freshly squeezed lemon and not frozen juice.
- Lemon juice can make your skin photosensitive; hence wearing sunscreen everyday is a must when you use this remedy.
- Lemon juice may not suit sensitive skin or if you are allergic to lemon.
- These natural skin lightening home remedies can be used daily or every alternate day.
Many of us may not be born with a fair complexion. But does that mean we are not beautiful? Absolutely not, in my opinion. Several renowned models and celebrities who are not endowed with a fair complexion are beautiful simply because they take good care of their skin and diet, and possess healthy, glowing skin. Hence we need to understand that clear and healthy skin (be it dusky) is more important than just having a fair skin tone. Try to follow these homemade remedies for skin lightening in your skin care routine.