Unmade eyebrows tend to hide the perfect features of a beautiful lady… especially since, time and again it has been said that eyebrows complete our facial looks. Righty done eyebrows help us accentuate the desired appeal on the face. Depending on the facial structure, some would prefer to keep their eyebrows thick, while some would prefer it to be thin.
However, when you go with deeper and thicker eyebrows, it will highlight the beauty of your face, thus giving you the freedom to shape them in a desired manner plus the required definition. And this is one of the reasons as to why most women crave for thicker eyebrows.
There was a time when pencil thin eye brows, which were neatly shaped, dominated the fashion industry. But now thick eyebrows are now back in vogue, and can be seen sported by a lot of women on fashion runways and silver screens. Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn and Jennifer Conelly are few of the hollywood actresses known to sport natural eyebrows, which also made them look gorgeous and young.
Lot of fashion makers say that ‘more natural the eyebrows reflects more beauty and youth’.
Let’s find out natural ways in which you can achieve thicker eyebrows, especially in a hassle free manner.
Natural remedies on how to make eyebrows thicker:
Natural remedies to make thicker eyebrows are said to be effective, safe as they do not cause any side effects. To get more hair growth on your eyebrows, follow these simple tips:
1. Castor Oil:
Castor oil is a very old and a tried and tested remedy to get thicker and prominent eyebrows. It is inexpensive and is easily available in the market.
All you need to do is take a little castor oil on your fingertips and apply directly on to your eyebrows. Leave this overnight and wash off in the morning. You can witness possible changes in about 3-4 weeks of time.
[ Read: Castor Oil For Hair Growth ]
Vaseline brand owned Vaseline petroleum jelly is claimed to be effective in thickening of the eyebrows as it helps condition and moisturize the area, thus helping you keep your eyebrow hair straight and firm.
Take small amount of Vaseline petroleum jelly and apply on and around your eyebrow area 2-3 times every day. In a month’s time, you can see positive results, thus boosting your chances of enhancing your natural beauty.
3. Coconut Oil:
Well known for its properties in boosting hair growth, Coconut oil for eye brows is yet another solution. This will help speed the hair growth on your eyebrows along with offering thick hair, which further will help you shape better.
Apply some coconut oil directly to your eyebrows and leave overnight for best results.
[ Read: Coconut Oil Benefits for Hair ]
4. Onion Juice:
Fresh onion juice, when applied on the eyebrows, will help stimulate new hair growth. Onions are high on sulfur, and are known to increase blood circulation in the area.
[ Read: Onion for Hair Growth ]
Vitamins are vital for hair growth. So, to make your eyebrows grow thick and fast, add lots of Vitamin A (sweet potatoes, carrots, lettuce, red pepper, etc.), Vitamin C (broccoli, oranges, lemons, strawberries etc.) and Vitamin E (peanuts, almonds, spinach, olives etc.) to your diet.
6. Aloe Vera:
If you have been tweezing or plucking for long, the eyebrows take more time to grow back. Rub and massage fresh aloe vera juice and pulp over the eyebrows will give you good results.
7. Natural Oils:
Natural oils are good for hair growth. Apart from aloe vera and castor oil, you can use essential oils of rose, lavender or lemon to make your eyebrows grow fast. A lemon slice or egg yolk can also help in eyebrow growth.
Drinking more water flushes the system of toxins and other substances that may inhibit hair growth. Drink plenty of water every day to get luscious skin, silky hair and plump eyebrows!
- Sometimes, deficiency of Vitamins can hamper hair growth. So its beneficial to eat foods rich in Vitamins B, C, E and H (Biotin) or also to take multi-vitamin tablets/capsules after seeking doctor’s advice.
- Avoid picture perfect threading of eyebrows, as it sometimes ruin the natural eyebrow shape.
- Avoid too thin eyebrows as they will require frequent waxing or threading, thus loosening the skin around the eye area.
- If you have naturally thin eyebrows avoid shaping them. However, slight modifications are fine as long as they don’t play with the shape and width.
- Any lotion or makeup, if applied on the eyebrows, tends to weaken them. Naturally, the tiny hairs tend to fall off or take a long time in growing back. It is best not to apply any lotion on the eyebrow, unless it is for hair growth.
- Make sure that the shape of the eyebrows suits your face type, as there are different shapes that suit different face structures.
- Also you sometimes can use eyebrow pencils to define your thin eyebrows.
- Try avoiding accidental threading and plucking of the eyebrows as this could possibly reduce the hair growth in the area. So just incase it happens, make sure you apply almond, coconut or castor oil to get back the natural hair growth.
Some of these basic steps, when adapted in your daily routine, will help you keep your eyebrows natural, with excellent shape and texture, thus enhancing your beauty and glow.
Hope these tips will help you to achieve desired results.
Let us know your comments in the section below.
- 10 Amazing Tips To Grow Perfect Eyebrows
- 3 Simple Techniques To Darken Your Eyebrows
- How To Make Your Eyebrows Thicker With Makeup?
- How To Thicken Scanty Eyebrows?
- Eyebrows For A Round Face
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Oindrila (see all)
- 10 Latest Winter Hairstyles That You Can Flaunt - July 20, 2013
- How to Stop And Reduce Hair Fall – 21 Things That Worked For Me - July 17, 2013
- 5 Lovely Bun Hairstyles for Long Hair - July 9, 2013
- Best Liquid Eyeliners – Our Top 10 - July 6, 2013