When it comes to treating our skin, most of us find it easier to simply pick up a product from the store and wait for results. However, it is very important to note that most market products are filled with chemicals, as much as they can display quick results, in the long run, they might be harmful too. Take some time out for some homemade skin care using basic home products that offer more skin friendly and long lasting benefits. They come from your kitchen and so know for sure that what see is what you get plus they are so much more pocket friendly too!
Following is a list of recipes for products that you use everyday and can indeed do wonders for your skin
For Oily Skin:
- Mix Besan (chick pea flour) with green gram flour and curds.
- Lavender oil, cucumber juice along with lemon juice is helpful too.
For Dry Skin:
- Milk and Aloe Vera gel enhances the skin texture by reducing excessive dryness.
- You can also use honey with curds.
- On the other hand, lemon with honey and curd acts as a perfect cleanser helping in not just cutting down the dryness, but also removing excess impurities.
- Mashed apple with yogurt suits all skin types and is proven to be an excellent cleanser and toner.
- Sandalwood powder with milk/honey/curd is again suitable for everyone, which helps purify the skin and calms inflammations.
To Erase Spots and Remove Tan:
- Use cabbage juice with tomato juice to get beneficial results, as this recipe suits all skin types.
For Dry Skin:
- Oats with coarsely powdered green gram flour/ curds works perfectly well for dry skin, ensuring it cleans the impurities.
- Sugar and papaya is apt for dry skin because it has an enzyme called Papain that helps remove impurities and dead skin cells.
For Oily Skin:
- Dried and coarsely powdered orange peels help soothe the oily skin and its anti-bacterial is so helpful that it is used in most facials today.
For Acne Prone Skin:
- Baking soda with cleanser/water is perfect for such a skin type.
[ Read: Baking Soda beauty Benefits ]
For All Skin Types:
- Grounded coffee with almond oil/olive oil is highly recommended because coffee helps by draining puffy areas and almond/olive oil moisturizes the skin.
- Sugar with olive oil suits all skin types and often gives best results.
- Green tea along with sea salt/sugar is a perfect scrubbing option for all those who are looking out for an anti-blemish and anti-aging option.
Rose has been the go to ingredient for toners since forever now!
Here is a simple recipe on how you can use at home.
- 3 and 1/2 cups of witch hazel
- i/2 cup of dried rose petals
- 5 springs of fresh rosemary
- blend the ingredients together well
And now you can use it as and when you need it! witch hazel gently yet effectively cleans the skin while rose mary improves the blood circulation.
You can mix different ingredients from the list but there is a rule if you have dry skin, you need to use less of oil control products and vice versa.
For example: If you have dry skin and you are going to use 3 products from this list, i.e. almond oil, banana and orange juice. Here, the first 2 are for dry skin and the last one is for oily skin.
- Coconut oil that is known to keep skin baby soft, you can expect wonders on dry skin. Besides the oil, you can alternatively use coconut water/ milk, especially if you have oily skin, as it has properties to hydrate the skin perfectly in varied seasonal conditions.
- Aloe Vera suits all skin type except very dry skin, it is known to hydrate your skin and keep oil under control.
- Besides the above mentioned, you can use olive oil, vitamin E capsules, saffron and honey, and apple juice with rose water as it suit all skin types. Saffron is anti-bacterial and contains lightening agents, helping in achieving radiant and smooth complexion with regular use. And, Apple has Pectin which works as an anti-acne agent.
For Dry Skin:
- Almond oil
- Egg yolk
- Sesame oil
- Peanut butter
- Ghee/butter/Milk Cream
- Rose oil (Since it is an essential oil, you need to mix it up with carrier oil like olive oil. Do not apply directly to skin.)
For Oily skin:
The best you can do will be pure jojoba or extra virgin olive oil. They deeply moisturize the dry patches and trick the overly oily patches into producing less oil over a period of time. And they don’t clog pores or cause breakout!
Mix the following ingredients in a cup/pot:
- Vaseline/Beeswax/Coconut oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Essential oil of your choice (rose/lavender/chamomile/lemon/almond/olive)
- Lipstick for tint –again depends on your preference
- Or go completely natural by using beetroot/carrot juice.
Freeze it for 5 -6 hours and your lip balm is ready!!!
Facials at home is no new concept to us Indian’s. For centuries now we have been handed done secrets that have kept our grand mothers young and beautiful for a time way beyond their age!
One such facial is the milk, gram flour and turmeric! This is known to clean your skin of blemishes, hydrate the skin leaving you looking young and fresh. Here is how you can make it.
- 2 tsps gram flour
- 1/4th tsps turmeric
- few drops of mild
- few drops of honey
How to use:
- Mix gram flour and turmeric in a bowl
- Add a few drops of milk and honey will you get the right consistency
- wash you face to remove all residue of dirt and makeup
- Apply on your face and allow it to dry for 20 mins
- wash off
For Oily Skin:
- Egg white
- Orange juice
- Lavender oil (Since it is an essential oil, you need to mix it up with a carrier oil like olive oil. Do not apply directly to skin.)
- Cucumber Juice also helps in oil control and puffy eyes.
These recipes are very helpful as the ingredients are easily available and you can be certain that they are completely harmless. Thus, make the most of it!
Latest posts by radha82 (see all)
- 2 Simple Pimple Treatments For Oily Skin - July 16, 2013
- Best Dandruff Solutions – My Top Recommendations - February 21, 2013
- Top 5 Night Creams for Dry Skin - January 23, 2013
- Top 5 Night Creams For Oily Skin - January 23, 2013
- 7 Simple Homemade Beauty Products For Beautiful Skin - January 10, 2013