‘Break free’ our heart screams! We all feel the need to do something different from what everyone associates with us… And changing hair colour sometimes can just do wonders for us.
Market is flooded with different types of brands and varieties including permanent, semi-permanent and temporary, with different pricing to suit all market domains.
However, it takes a bit to choose the product that is free of harsh chemicals and doesn’t let you loose your hair.
Hair colouring at home might sound interesting but is challenging too, as a lot of care has to be taken. So we present 4 Simple Steps on how to colour hair at home.
- Bowl and brush
How to Colour Hair at Home?
Step1: Mixing the Colour:
- Pour the colour and the developer into a plastic bowl and mix it well with the hair colour brush to ensure that the colour comes out right.
- Place a towel around your head to keep the colour from dripping onto your clothes.
- Wear gloves to avoid the colour from transferring on to your hands, and also make sure to apply Vaseline or lots of oil around the hair line to keep the colour from spreading.
- Now you are ready to start application.
[ Read: Cure Dark Spots On Your Skin ]
Step 2: Applying the Mixture:
To the Roots
i. Start from the hairline on the forehead.
ii. Take a small section of your hair and apply the colour on this portion. Repeat the same action until you reach the hair line at your neck.
iii. Leave it on for the stipulated period of time and if no time is mentioned wait for 20 minutes.
To the Tips:
i. After the stipulated wait period, apply the rest of the mixture on to your hair too.
ii. Then pull it to the tips with a wide tooth comb to ensure even distribution
iii. Leave the colour on the end for no more than 5 minutes.
Step 3: Rinse
After the time period has elapsed, rinse your hair thoroughly with tepid water till the water runs clear. Make sure that the colour is thoroughly removed to avoid product build up, which further can cause possible skin eruptions such as dandruff.
[ Read: Home Made Hair Rinses ]
Step 4: Condition
Conditioning is a must as any chemical; no matter how well formulated will never be 100% suitable for your Hair! You can use the conditioner given in the set for 2 minutes and then rinse it off.
[ Read: Herbal Hair Colour Tips ]
- When you pick a colour, never go beyond two shades darker or lighter than your natural colour.
- Apply on unwashed hair to avoid the tingly and uncomfortable feel during colouring.
- No matter how many times you have done this at home, always read the instructions. The specified time periods, application procedures and after hair colour routines may vary for different brands.
- If you want a colour that is entirely different from your natural shade, go to a SALON! Do not attempt it at home.
- For allergic free applications, ensure that you do a strand check. If there is no adverse effect, you could go ahead with colouring, and if not avoid application or check with your dermatologist.
- For positive results one must keep in mind that the right technique of colour selection, preparation, application and maintenance will help you keep dryness at bay, while offering you shiny and soft hair.
Hope you got the right technique on how to color hair at home. Also, the tips may help you when you gear up for colouring your hair. Share your thoughts through the comments below!
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Spices – The Secret To Easy Weight Loss - December 23, 2016
- This Easy Remedy Will Make You Forget Your Backache And Joint Pain - December 20, 2016
- How To Remove Facial Hair Naturally (Easy And Painless!) - December 16, 2016
- Avoid These Healthy Foods That Make You Fat - December 12, 2016
- Why Jowar Is The Best Substitute For Quinoa To Lose Weight - December 7, 2016