It’s often said that misery loves company hence when we are grunting and sweating , just about to die, it feels good to be doing it with 20 or 30 of the same like-minded people.
This my dears is the thought process behind community health centers called as Health clubs , Spas , Gyms and even the YMCA’s. Jokes apart these centers actually provide a sense of bonhomie and a sense of belonging. Exercise though feels like purgatory leads us to an endorphin fest which is good for both our mental and physical health. It has been proved over countless studies that exercises with a buddy or many buddies seems more doable. Moaning and groaning in company probably pushes us to do more.
Advantages of joining a health club:
There are a number of benefits of joining a health club! They are mentioned below.
1. A slew of group Exercises – For someone who gets bored easily and is adventurous these health clubs offer myriad group exercises from the tried and trusted to the extreme. Some of the classes offered include aerobics, steps, Pilates as well as the current fads including Zumba® fitness program and aerial fitness routines. Even the most local gym will offer some free classes and some paid classes. Speaking of personal experiences partaking in group exercises is fun and makes you more uninhibited when you see people of all ages and girth shake their booty.
2. Concessional access to expert fitness experts like trainers, masseuses and nutritionists- All of the health clubs boast of a panel of experts and access to them is more affordable then seeking out these services individually. In fact a combination of guided exercise and nutrition is the key to effective and lasting weight loss and wellness. Wellness centers provide a variety of training packages for new trends. Access to experts will help in maintaining momentum and renewed focus and motivation towards the fitness goals. These experts tailor the programs to the individual needs making them more effective.
3. Access to Gym Equipment – Unless we have a huge property with a lot of area to spare I’m sure you will find it difficult to outfit your home workout area with all the up-to-date gym equipment and other weight training tools. The most effective mode of weight loss and maintenance is balanced cardio with weight training. Wellness centers provide easy access to them. A workout is usually a combination of cardio on machines like treadmills ,elliptical(our old friends ) and newer equipment’s like cycle elliptical and Stairmasters in conjunction with weight machines for chest, arms and legs .Various tools such as hand weights, body bars and stability balls round out the workouts.
4. All around the year access – Working out at home becomes monotonous and exercising outdoors is always subject to the whims and fancies of the weather gods. The comfortable temperature and ambience makes it more motivating to not miss out your workout in lieu of a big fat piece of samosa. State of the art entertainment systems and Television make it easy to sweat it out to the tune of Gang ham style to name a few .You can even catch up on news , a bit of light reading and Gossip .I swear it’s the best thing to perk oneself up with even fewer calories than a McDonalds milkshake.
Wellness centres also provide a host of other benefits like Baby-sitting, Classes for children ranging from toddlers and teens and the centres are the best source of fitness information .So what are you waiting for – your fitness goals are as approachable to you as your nearest wellness centre. See you there getting fitter and stronger.
So basically you get the health benefits of joining a gym and more! Then why not take up a health club?
Image source: 2
Latest posts by Jiya (see all)
- Top 5 Apps Every Woman Should Have To Ensure Their Safety - August 11, 2014
- 5 Infused Water Recipes To Keep You Hydrated - July 16, 2014
- 10 Yummy Oil Free Snacks Recipes To Try Out Today - July 16, 2014
- Top 10 Foods To Relieve Menstrual Cramps - July 16, 2014
- Top 6 Healthy Food Joints In Delhi - July 15, 2014