5 Flattering Hairstyles for Diamond Shaped Faces
Sharp and fairly well chiselled features.
Diamond shaped face is a dream for many. What do you do when this dream begins to make life a little difficult?
Ask someone born with a diamond face. They will tell you how these features can sometimes make them look catty and mean even when they stand expressionless.
Features of a diamond shaped face:
- The hairline on this face shape is more narrow than any other face shape.
- Cheekbones are set wide apart. At the same time, the jaw line and forehead have the same width.
- The chin tends to get a pointed look.
What you need from your hairstyle?
You need a hairstyle that will balance out the narrow chin, minimize the wide cheek bones and shorten your overall face length. This is of course combined with the basic factors like easy to manage, style, and care.
What you need to keep in mind the most is that your hairstyle needs to bring out warmth and softness on your face. For this is the one thing that sharp features do not tend to radiate on their own.
What to go for:
- Deep side part that takes away attention from the middle of the face
- Layers and lots of them
- Bangs that fall around the centre of the forehead
- Styles that need the hair to be pulled back
- Side long bangs or side swept bangs
- Pull your hair behind your ears to show off those gorgeous cheekbones
What to avoid:
- Heavy or straight bangs that completely hide the forehead
- Flat styles where the hair is too straight and falls around your face in a straight line
- Centre parting, especially if you have straight hair
- Too much volume on the sides of your face
- Short bangs
- Very short hairstyles
- Too much volume at the crown
Hairstyles that looks good on diamond shaped face
1. Chin length bob:
This style will help widen your jaw avoiding the extremely sharp (read: sometimes bitchy) look.
It is great for adding that framing effect around your face. Gives you face softer edges and taking away the rather boxed appearance that diamond shaped faces tend to have.
2. Deep side part:
A deep side part is what you need to work wonders for this face type.
It softens the harsh edges and angles of the face. How? It shifts the focus to the a specific side of the face from the width entirely.
3. Medium Bangs:
What a diamond face needs is proportion. Bangs add just that.
Bangs that mostly fall to the centre of your face work the best. They partially cover your forehead, taking away attention from the mid and lower part of the face.
4. Tousled waves:
Wearing your hair in tousled waves will soften the angles along with adding volume to thin or fine hair.
5. Pulled back hairstyle – ponytail:
That style that says pull your back is meant for the diamond face.
Even better are styles that ask you to pull your hair back tight. Make it more stylish by using a small section of your hair around the hair band!
Once you understand the shape of your face, it is easy to determine what works best and what to be avoided. You can either pick one of these hairstyles or mix or match to get a look that you want.
Go out. Get that makeover. aAnd don’t forget to tell us all about it!Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest