A heart shaped face is broader on the forehead and narrow on the chin portion. A tricky face shape and therefore, hairstyles have to be chosen very carefully. The first person that comes to our mind when we think of a heart shaped face is Reese Witherspoon. A perfect face looking like a heart. Wide forehead and pointed chin.
Flattering Hairstyles For Heart Shaped Faces
Side swept bangs :
Yes bangs with side parting look good if you face is in this shape. Bangs frame you face pretty well and will cover the wider portion of your broad forehead. Longer bangs hair will take the attention away from your forehead.
You can try out bob haircut for heart shaped faces. Forget the chin length, Keep it a little below your chin and try a layered bob. See Katie Holmes hairstyle. Perfect bob for a heart shaped beauty.
Long straight or wavy hair :
Say yes to poker straight or soft wavy hair with Christina Ricci. Either straighten or try out big loose curls; don’t forget the bangs.
Of course, ponytails are an option for you. Its almost impossible to keep your hair open when its hot. So do try ponytails but pull out some hair strands Like Jennifer Aniston in this picture. She too has a very strong chin. She hardly ties up her hair, but when she does, she does it this way.
These were a few haircuts for heart shaped faces. Now read below to know some tips on those styles.
Tips for Heart shaped face :
- Avoid blunt cut bangs. Instead, go for wispy bangs. Side parts and side swept bangs look great on you too.
- Long wavy hair is always a great look for heart shape faces.
- Fullness at the sides of your head are ideal because they narrow your jaw. Fullness on the top of your head is not ideal because it makes you look a little top heavy.
- Hair shorter than your chin generally does not look good. Try a jawline length bob.
- With a heart face, do not try an updo at your crown. It only lengthens your face shape and points out your chin more. Looks very unflattering.
- Whenever cutting bangs, keep it below your brows.
Yes ladies it is now time for you to go out and look gorgeous! These are perfect hairstyles for heart shaped face!
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- 10 Stylish And Smart Bob Hairstyles Try Out This Summer - May 22, 2014
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Red Clover For Skin, Hair And Health - May 20, 2014
- Which Hair Color Best Suits Your Personality? - May 12, 2014
- Beauty or Bogus: Do These Beauty Tips Actually Work? - May 2, 2014