Bun is one of the most popular hairstyles that never go out of fashion. It is extremely versatile and can be perked up in a number of ways. However, bun looks the best on long beautiful hair and we can modify it as we wish depending upon the event, outfit and makeup.
Here, we have compiled a list of 50 Bun Hairstyles for Long Hair:
1. Simple Twisted Topknot Bun:
Look like a super smart chic by twisting your long hair up into a topknot. This hair bun for long hair is neat, easy and extremely comfortable.
2. Easy and Convenient Ballet Bun:
Just like a topknot, a ballet bun can also be an easy, comfy and convenient choice for you. Pull all your hair back at your crown and turn it into a sleek, tight bun.
3. Low Flat Twisted Bun:
4. Messy Highlighted Angular Bun:
An angular bun can be created by folding the hair in layers one over another. You can add some zing to the look by choosing subtle highlights, slight puff and a decent tangled finish.
5. Messy Low Side Bun with Nice Waves:
Here is a low side chignon bun that goes great with almost all sorts of outfits. Creating textured waves and dramatic side-sweeps will balance off the entire look flawlessly.
6. Easy High Donut Bun:
A donut bun is not only easy to wear, but it also looks quite charming and cute. Check out the casual high donut shown in this picture and you will understand why we love it so much.
7. Super High Folded Bun with Short Fringes:
This is another high bun positioned at the top of the crown and made by folding the hair multiple times in different layers. The short front fringes can be a foil for the height of the bun.
8. Smooth Bouffant Bun with Subtle Side Sweep:
A smooth and neatly-created bouffant bun is all you need to look glorious in every damn party. Make sure that it comes with sexy and shiny side sweeps.
9. High Twisted Bun with Puff and Free Wavy Ends:
Combine the elegance of a large high twisted bun with the femininity of loose wavy strands and spice up your overall look significantly. A nice headband can also be used for accessorizing the hair.
10. Messy High Bun with Puffy Top and Fringes:
Here comes a messy bun with long hair, achieving this gorgeous yet sweet bun hairstyle is absolutely easy and fun. Section off the front fringes from rest of the hair and turn it into a high messy twisted bun after volumizing the top randomly.
11. Low Side Angular Loop Bun:
Just fold and tuck a ponytail in the elastic band and you are ready with your innovative loop bun. Here, it is placed at one side of the nape of the neck and adorned with classy hair bows.
12. Elegant Twisted Bun with Crystal Clips:
If you always wonder how to make your casual twisted bun look like a stunning hairdo, here is your solution. Wear it on mousse-applied hair and embellish it with gleaming crystal pins. Oh-so-gorgeous!
13. Highly Twisted Low Bun:
Ditch your fussy time-consuming hairdos with this simple twisted bun hairstyle. All you need to do is twist up your hair from both sides and secure it at the back of the head with bobby pins.
14. Smart Bun with Pretty Pompadour:
Get a small pretty pompadour and team it with a smart semi-high bun. It works wonderful on smooth textured hair and an organized look will enhance the style almost ten times.
15. Messy Low Side Bun with Dramatic Side Sweep:
This graceful side low bun is enough to up your oomph quotient and give you a sensational look. Give it a messy textured finish and let that dramatic side sweep swing over your eye stylishly.
16. Volumized Flowery Bun with Long Side Bangs:
Puff up your top hair and create a big flowery bun right at your crown. Now, tuck the long side bangs behind your ears and enjoy the glamorous look.
17. Tight Low Bun with Smooth Center-Parted Top:
Be it a formal event or a casual party, this sophisticated bun hairstyle can be rocked everywhere. Apply serum to make the top hair smooth and flat, part it to the middle and make a solid low bun firmly.
18. Messy Low Rolled Up Bun with Mini Bouffant:
Ever tried the combo of a bouffant and rolled up hair? Get inspired by this look and secure the rolled up hair right beneath the chic mini bouffant. The messy side sweeps will perk up the style even more.
19. Low Side Bun with Puffy Top and Messy Waves:
Messy is the next elegant. At least, the picture says so. Create a low side bun on your side-parted wavy locks after texturizing as well as volumizing it. Finally, give it a decent tangled flair.
20. Small Semi-High Bun with Twisted Wrap:
This small semi-high bun looks amazing on pretty silky-smooth hair. You can make it even cuter by wrapping it with twisted hair and bedecking it with a hair brooch.
21. Neat Polished Beehive Bun with Headband:
A beehive bun is your perfect way to look just like the epitome of elegance without putting much effort in styling. Teasing is the key to this outstanding hairdo and a nice headband can add a zing to it.
22. Polished High Bun with Braided Wrap:
This is a classic high bun with a thick braided wraparound. Whether you are a blonde or a brunette, this awesome hairstyle will emphasize your personality like never before.
23. Casual Twisted High Bun with Layered Fringes:
Though it does not look like a typical bun, it actually is and you need to make it by twisting your hair at your crown casually. Let the layered fringes embrace your forehead in a relaxed manner.
24. Semi-Circular Low Bun with Volumized Crown:
This is another ultra-feminine loop bun created at the nape of the neck. It is given a semi-circular shape by securing the sides into the hair. You should also puff up the crown to complete the eye-catching look.
25. Tight Multi-Braided Bun with Slight Puff:
Nothing can add more charm and sophistication to your look than a graceful braided bun. Here, the top is puffed up a little bit and multiple braids are created all over the head, which are then taken together and twisted into a low tight braided bun.
26. Light Pink Double Buns with Side Sweep:
Double buns or pigtail buns can make you look super cute anytime and every time. Just take a look at these side-parted light pink pigtail buns with flat side sweep and messy finish. Pretty, no?
27. Smart, Textured and Highly Twisted Topknot Bun:
Now, this is another topknot bun which is a little different from the typical one. Add texture to your locks, gather them at the top and twist them up extensively to come up with a huge smart bun hairdo.
28. High Twin Buns with Polished Top:
As the name suggests, it is a ‘twin-bun hairstyle’, which features a large tight and twisted bun at the top of the head and a smaller version of the same right beneath that. Smoothen up rest of the hair for a polished look.
29. Low Braided Rose Bun with Pouf and Messy Waves:
Add texture to your hair and give it a tangled finish. Now, create a nice pouf, braid up the locks and form a rose bun near the base of the neck. A very much womanly hairstyle that you can’t help but love!
30. Messy Low Side-Braided Bun with Sexy Bang:
When it comes to adding a touch of elegance to your low side bun, a precise braid can do the trick. Part your hair to one side and let a curly side bang swing over your cheekbone to complement the look.
31. High Folded Loop Bun Wrapped with End Part:
This high loop bun is stylish, comfy and totally adorable. Make a high pony at your crown; fold it inwards and wrap its end part around its base. You are ready to flaunt your innovative hairstyle.
32. Massive Twisted and Textured High Bun:
You must add texture to your hair before wearing this hairstyle. Now, twist up the locks altogether and form the shape of a gigantic bun. You have just discovered a new you!
33. Messy, Flowery Side Bun with Fringes and Braided Headband:
If you have naturally wavy hair, this hairstyle will suit you the most. Here, the loose flowery side bun is beautified with long fringes and adorned with a braided headband.
34. Huge Low Bun with Highly Textured Waves:
Intense texture is the secret to this royal and magnificent bun hairstyle. Come up with an enormous low bun at the nape of your neck and secure textured waves into it with bobby pins.
35. Double-Braided Low Side Bun with Brooch:
Here is a stunning double-braided bun that needs less time and little effort. Just create two thick braids at both sides of your head and turn them into a low side bun adorned with a beautiful hair brooch.
36. Elongated Bun with Puffy Rolled Back Top:
Tease up your top-front hair and roll it back to create a flat elongated bun reaching up to the nape of your neck. A fresh flower will increase the charm and elegance of the hairstyle considerably.
37. Low Side Bun with Graduated Fringes and Flower:
If you have thick long hair, choose this lovely bun hairstyle for a refreshing look. Gather all your hair into a low side loose bun and add a fresh flower to it. The layered fringes have made the style quite edgy.
38. Gigantic Half-n-Half Bun with Smooth Finish:
This giant semi-high bun has two segments – the braided upper half and the lower flat bun. Give it a smooth polished finish by applying a good serum and spritz hairspray to tame flyaways.
39. Low Textured Bun with Twisted Sides:
This low rounded bun looks especially beautiful on messy textured and subtly highlighted locks. Twist up two sections at each side of your head and secure them into the bun with bobby pins. Classy indeed!
40. Single-Braided Low Bun with Puffy Crown and Loose Strands:
Here is an ideal bun hairstyle to make you look utterly gorgeous at your prom night party. Puff up your crown and create a side-braided low bun. Then, leave a few hair strands loose around your face and give a boost to your glam quotient.
41. Half Up Bun with Curly Locks, Puffy Top and Long Fringes:
You will fall in love with this half up bun the moment you will wear it. Large high bun, volumized top, long side fringes and slightly curly ends are some of the specialties of this half hairdo.
42. High Side Bun with Messy Finish:
Well, it is basically a loose and messy version of the regular topknot bun. But you need to create it at one side of your head rather than the top-center position.
43. Super High Bun with Twisted Wrap and Thick Fringes:
Add extreme volume to your hair in order to come up with this super high bun and wrap it up with a twisted section. Also, apply lots of serum to keep those thick even front fringes shining.
44. Messy Solid High Bun with Divided Fringes:
Loved this delightful bun hairstyle with divided fringes? We loved it too. Make a messy large bun at your crown and let those long fringes kiss your eyes romantically. Awesome!
45. High Hollow Bun with Super Smooth Finish:
Here comes a simple bun for long hair, a hollow bun. This looks strikingly beautiful, if worn properly. You must make use of a good hair gel and a hairspray of strong hold to give the hairstyle a flawless finish.
46. Huge Curly High Bun with Pouf and Texture:
Show off your luscious curls in the most elegant manner by turning them into a large curly bun at the top of your head. Use hairspray to keep the pouf intact as well as maintain the entire style perfectly.
47. Volumized Low Side Bun with Spiral Side Bangs:
Simplicity is the best thing about this low side chignon. A slightly puffy top and sexy spiral side bangs have enhanced the look to a great extent.
48. Semi-High Textured Spiral Bun:
Start with applying mousse to add subtle volume to your hair and give it a nice texture. Now, twist it up into a semi-high bun and wrap its end section around the twist. Simple yet sophisticated!
49. Spiral Bun at the End of Twisted Braid:
Start with an upside down twisted braid and turn its end part into a high fluffy spiral bun right at your crown area. This hairstyle will certainly help you earn a lot of appreciation.
50. High Donut Electric Blue Bun with Silky Smooth Finish:
Last but not the least; give this dazzling electric blue bun a shot and stand apart from others. This is a high donut bun with a smooth tight finish and you can wear it anytime without seeking the help of your stylist.
Hope you liked all these easy bun hairstyles for long hair! Have you found your favorite bun hairstyle? Do let us know by commenting below.
- 10 Party Hairstyles For Long Hair To Inspire You
- Best Long Hair Videos – Our Top 10 Picks
- 8 Stylish And Trendy Long Hairstyles For School Girls
- 50 Stunning Twist Hairstyles For Short Hair
- Top 10 Messy Short Bob Hairstyles You Can Try Today
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Oindrila (see all)
- 10 Latest Winter Hairstyles That You Can Flaunt - July 20, 2013
- How to Stop And Reduce Hair Fall – 21 Things That Worked For Me - July 17, 2013
- 50 Lovely Bun Hairstyles For Long Hair - July 9, 2013
- Best Liquid Eyeliners – Our Top 10 - July 6, 2013