Potato : it is one of most tasteless and blandest vegetable in the world but is loved by almost every person. Our calorie conscious beauties may not include it in their daily diet, but potato is one of the favourite vegetable for all. Potatoes are a rich source of carbohydrate and contain little protein. They also contain vitamin C and B-complex and minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc which are very good for healthy and glowing skin.
But do you know that potato is widely used in various face masks too? Potatoes are known to reduce dark spots and blemishes, help in removing tan and pigmentation and also reduce acne and pimples. They also show anti-ageing effects as it contains antioxidants which hinder the growth of free radicals which are responsible for pre mature ageing.
[ Read: Simple Face Packs For Tanned Skin ]
Potato Face Pack Preparation Methods
Read to find out how you can use potato in different face masks.
1. Potato Face Pack for Skin Lightening:
a. Take a medium potato and boil it with the skin.
b. Then take the boiled potato and de-skin it. Mash it properly to get a smooth paste.
2. Carrot and Potato Face Mask for Skin Lightening:
Carrots contain large quantities of beta- carotene which is converted into vitamin A by the body. Vitamin A rejuvenates the skin and also helps fight wrinkles. Carrots are also known for their skin lightening properties.
a. Take a small potato and a small carrot. Boil them together till they are soft.
b. Cool and chop both of them into small pieces.
[ Read: Homemade Fruit Face Packs ]
3. Potato Face Pack for Bleaching and Tan Removal:
This is one of best remedy to remove sun tan. It also controls hyper-pigmentation and lightens blemishes.
a. Slice a medium raw potato thinly.
You feel a healthy glow on your face. For best results, use twice or thrice a week.
[ Read: Ayurvedic Face Packs for Glowing Skin ]
4. Potato Face Pack for Oily Skin:
Potatoes help in soaking away all the excess oil from our skin and also the dirt and grease from the skin. It also heals spotty skin, reduces dark spots on skin and dark patches.
a. Grate a medium sized raw potato
5. Potato Face Pack for Wrinkles:
Wrinkles are a sign of ageing. To get rid of fine lines and wrinkles, use potato face pack. It also improves the skin texture, lightens the facial lines and tightens loose skin.
a. Grate a medium sized raw potato.
Got to know how to make potato face packs? Use these simple and effective potato face packs for a glowing face. Till then take care and keep it stylish!!!!!!!
- Summer Face Packs For Sensitive Skin
- Rich Vitamin and minerals Face Pack
- 5 Mango Face Packs That Work Wonders For Your Skin
- Top 5 Tulsi Face Packs
- 8 Homemade Collagen Face Packs You Can Try Today
Latest posts by Ankita Biswas (see all)
- Best Leave-in Conditioners – Our Top 10 Picks - December 3, 2013
- Top 5 Dove Face Washes Available In India - October 25, 2013
- Best Ayurvedic Shampoos – Our Top 10 - October 8, 2013
- Top 10 Homemade Face Washes For All Skin Types - October 1, 2013
- 12 Apple Face Packs For All Skin Types - September 24, 2013