We’ve all had bad hair days, when nothing feels right! These are the days we are plagued with the problems of
- Dry and damaged hair
- Split ends, graying etc.
- Greasy and dull hair
To combat these issues we need to spend either a lot of time and money. Hair care products can be expensive and often confusing. In most of the cases, you have to keep looking for solutions as you don’t get the required results at the very first try. Chemical products are loaded with carcinogens like parabens. These have side effects with regular use. Using herbal products is the perfect choice for taking care of you hair.These days DIY treatments are very popular. You can control the quality of the ingredients and there are no side effects.
Herbal Tips for Hair
1. For conditioning:
Saffron hair mask:
Saffron is one of the best conditioners for your hair. Use this elixir for smooth and silky hair.
- Boil saffron strands in water for few minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of honey to this water and stir well.
- Apply this mixture to your hair (scalp & strands) and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Now rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water to acquire the sheen.
- Blend some chopped avocado, add 2 egg yolks and mix them well.
- Massage into your hair for few minutes.
- Rinse with lime juice and vinegar to get the best results.
Honey hair mask
- Massage upto half a cup of honey onto your roots and scalp .Leave it to soak in for 20- 30 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water
- You can also add half of an avocado or an egg yolk plus coconut oil to the honey
- Add honey to your normal shampoo and rinse off
2. For dandruff:
Black Pepper cures dandruff
- Take 10 grams of black pepper powder.
- Add lime juice and a quarter cup of milk to the powder and stir well.
- Apply this mixture thoroughly on your scalp. Leave it for an hour and rinse it with water.
You will see the visible results in the first wash.
Onion Juice also combats dandruff
- Take one or two raw onions and grind them to paste. Rub this paste into your scalp and leave it for an hour.
- To get rid of the onion smell, rub a bit of lime juice on your scalp and then rinse it off thoroughly.
[ Read: Tips for Beautiful Hair ]
3. For dry hair:
- Coconut oil massage helps nourish your hair and add visible shine to it.
- Crush 4-5 almonds, add them to a half cup of coconut oil and steam it until it is warmed up
- Apply this warm mixture to your hair and scalp, cover with a towel and rinse it off after an hour.
- a mayonnaise hair pack.
- Massage upto ½ cup mayonnaise into your hair and scalp. Rinse off after 20 minutes
Beer Hair conditioner:
- Spray on a small amount of beer on wet hair
- Blow dry / air dry to dissipate the smell.The vitamin B and protein helps keep the hair moisturised and soft
4. For split ends:
- Mix a half cup of curd and add 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Apply on your scalp, hair strands and hair-ends and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this every two days and get the visible results. This is also among the popular herbal home remedies for hair growth as the split ends invariable stunt the growth of the hair.
5. For greying hair:
- Take fenugreek seeds, powder or leaves.Saute them in mustard oil and strain once it cools down.
- Apply on your hair and scalp to control pigmentation loss and prevent hair greying.
These are the easiest ways to pamper your hair and retain its strength! To make your hair long, follow our long hair tips and to make it beautiful, follow our beauty tips for hair. Ensure that you pay attention to your daily hair care .Try and avoid the use of chemical hair products and opt for herbal remedies for conditioning your hair as well
Latest posts by Anamika M (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Feverfew For Skin, Hair And Health - April 4, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rooibos For Skin, Hair And Health - April 2, 2014
- Best Tinted Lip Balms Available In India – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Best Weight Loss Centers/Clinics In Bangalore – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine Revealed - March 7, 2014