Beauty is about being comfortable in one’s own skin!
A lot has been said about flawless skin. People make it a big deal without really doing anything about it. The truth – it is easy to have a perfect skin. You just need to be a little persistent in taking care of your skin. Pigmentation, dark spots, freckles and an uneven skin tone are few problems that we all face. It can be very disturbing and embarrassing to step out with even one spot.
Doctors recommend laser treatments as a solution, but in my opinion it’s a huge investment. I chose to go with natural remedies; it’s a slow process but progresses in the right direction to give positive and effective results. But to treat something it is necessary to know the reasons behind the problem.
Types Of Skin Pigmentation:
UV exposure tends to increase the melanin production in our body. Similarly, there are other environmental factors also that cause either increased or decreased melanin production. Largely there are two kinds of pigmentation abnormalities that can occur.
Where the melanin production is elevated leading to brown or tan spots on the skin. This is also known as melasma.
Where the melanin production is lowered and patches of lighter skin appears. This is also known as vitiligo.
[ Read: How To Get Rid Of Tan ]
How To Get Rid Of Skin Pigmentation?
Here are some simple tips to help you reduce skin pigmentation naturally and acquire a healthy-looking glowing skin.
Potatoes are said to work very well on pigmented areas, dark spots and blemishes. You can try rubbing a slice of potato on your skin daily; you may also try a mixture of fuller’s earth and potato juice to get rid of dark spots.
This tip is highly beneficial because lemon is a natural bleach and organic honey contains moisturizing properties. Together these properties make lemon a best remedy for pigmentation.
- Slice a lemon and squeeze out some juice
- Mix lemon juice with about 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey
- Apply this on your face well.
- Avoid using this remedy if you have a sensitive skin.
3. Lemon Juice And Turmeric Powder:
- Mix 1 tbsp of turmeric and lemon juice well.
- Apply this on the affected areas for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
It is best advised to use this pack at night for desired results. Never use it immediately after exposing your skin to the sun.
4. Red Onion:
This is one of the best home remedies for pigmentation, dark spots, freckles and blemishes.
- Slice up an onion
- Rub it directly on the affected areas.
- Alternatively, you may also grate the onion, squeeze out its juice and apply.
- Let it sit on your skin for about 10 minutes and wash off thoroughly.
[Read: Pigmentation During Pregnancy]
Cucumber juice is considered very helpful in reducing skin pigmentation, fading freckles and blemishes.
- Take 1 tbsp of cucumber juice
- 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp lemon/lime juice
- Mix all three well together
- Apply evenly all over your face or just over the affected area for best results
6. Aloe Vera/ Aloe Vera + Vitamin E:
Aloe Vera’s soothing and healing properties offer solutions for a host of skin problems. And it effectively treats pigmented skin, clears dark spots and blemishes too. Aloe Vera actually causes older skin cells to slough off, leaving clearer-looking and rejuvenated skin behind.
- • Apply the gel from aloe vera leaf half hour before bed every night;
• Add one or two Vitamin E capsules like Evion to enhance its efficacy.
7. Tomato+ Oatmeal + Yogurt:
Tomato is natural bleach; yogurt is also natural bleach with skin tightening properties while oatmeal offers scrubbing effects. These three, when mixed together, are considered a great remedy to get rid of pigmentation.
- Extract tomato juice
- Add 2 tsp oatmeal and 1/2 tsp yogurt to tomato juice.
- Mix all three well together
- Apply this on the problem areas and let it dry completely.
- But make sure you don’t leave it on for more than 20 minutes.
- Finally wash it off with lukewarm water.
You must try this remedy everyday to see desired results at the earliest.
Vinegar has excellent skin lightening and astringent properties. One of the best ways to avail its benefits is by making a vinegar rinse.
- Mix vinegar with equal amounts of water
- Use this diluted solution to rinse your face regularly.
- Don’t wash off after with plain water after using this solution.
Latest posts by Oindrila (see all)
- 10 Latest Winter Hairstyles That You Can Flaunt - July 20, 2013
- How To Stop And Reduce Hair Fall – 21 Things That Worked For Me - July 17, 2013
- 50 Lovely Bun Hairstyles For Long Hair - July 9, 2013
- Best Liquid Eyeliners – Our Top 10 - July 6, 2013