Almost all of us have some or the other kind of dark spots on the face. While some of us may have smaller and lesser visible spots, some people have bigger patches and highly visible areas of dark spots on the face. Dark spots are also known as freckles, sunspots, age spots etc. and are caused by excess exposure of the skin to the sun. Pollution and chemicals also play a role in this, but the main factor behind dark spots is over exposure to the harmful rays of the sun. These spots are very hard to remove and medical treatments are not always helpful either.
Here are 12 simple home remedies that will help you lessen and lighten the dark spots and help you to gradually solve this problem.
Home Remedies for Dark Spots On Face
Lemon, a citric fruit, acts as a natural bleaching agent. Applying lemon juice on the dark spots and affected areas is one of the best home remedies for treating dark spots on the face.
2. Vitamin E Oil:
Vitamin E oil in its natural form has antioxidants, which helps to even out the skin tone and reduces dark spots. Also, natural products enriched with this oil will also help lighten dark spots to a noticeable difference.
3. Face Packs:
- Make a paste of sandalwood powder, glycerin, rose water and lemon juice.
- Apply this on the dark spots and dark patches
- Let the face pack dry completely
- Now wash it off with cold water.
[ Read: How To Remove Black Spots From Hands ]
4. Onions and Garlic Juice Mixture:
- Take out the juice of onion and garlic
- Mix these two well together
- Now apply the juice on the dark spots on your face
- Leave this on for about 15 minutes
- Wash it off thoroughly until the smell goes.
Using onion and garlic juice mixture is an excellent remedy to remove dark spots. Regular application will help lighten the spots and gradually help fade them off completely.
[ Read: How To Treat Old Scars ]