Almost all of us have some or the other kind of dark spots on the face. While some of us may have smaller and lesser visible spots, some people have bigger patches and highly visible areas of dark spots on the face. Dark spots are also known as freckles, sunspots, age spots etc. and are caused by excess exposure of the skin to the sun. Pollution and chemicals also play a role in this, but the main factor behind dark spots is over exposure to the harmful rays of the sun. These spots are very hard to remove and medical treatments are not always helpful either.
Here are 7 simple home remedies that will help you lessen and lighten the dark spots and help you to gradually solve this problem.
Home Remedies for Dark Spots On Face
Lemon, a citric fruit, acts as a natural bleaching agent. Applying lemon juice on the dark spots and affected areas is one of the best home remedies for treating dark spots on the face.
2. Vitamin E Oil:
Vitamin E oil in its natural form has antioxidants, which helps to even out the skin tone and reduces dark spots. Also, natural products enriched with this oil will also help lighten dark spots to a noticeable difference.
3. Face Packs:
- Make a paste of sandalwood powder, glycerin, rose water and lemon juice.
- Apply this on the dark spots and dark patches
- Let the face pack dry completely
- Now wash it off with cold water.
4. Onions and Garlic Juice Mixture:
- Take out the juice of onion and garlic
- Mix these two well together
- Now apply the juice on the dark spots on your face
- Leave this on for about 15 minutes
- Wash it off thoroughly until the smell goes.
Using onion and garlic juice mixture is an excellent remedy to remove dark spots. Regular application will help lighten the spots and gradually help fade them off completely.
- Take a tomato or potato straight from the refrigerator
- Now rub this cut portion on the dark spots on your face.
The cooling effect of these vegetables will help in lightening the dark spots. Regular use will help completely remove the patches from your face.
6. Milk and Honey Paste:
- In a bowl, take some milk and honey
- Now mix the two ingredients together
- Apply the solution on your dark spots.
- Leave it on for about 5-10 minutes.
- Milk is known as a natural lightening agent and honey works as a very good moisturizer.
- Both these natural ingredients are also great for dry skin and provide instant glow and moisture to your face
- The two ingredients, when used together, will act as an effective team to fight dark spots.
Regular use of the above will help lighten the spots completely.
Aloe Vera has healing powers and this helps the dark spots to fade slowly and effectively. You can apply the goodness of aloe vera in various ways.
- You can use the aloe vera gel directly from the plant
- You can apply aloe vera juice
- You can apply some herbal cream that has been enriched with the goodness of aloe vera.
We hope this article was helpful. Try these home remedies and let us know the results.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)