Can you trick your metabolism without starving yourself? With the ABC diet you certainly can! Our metabolism is just a bodily function that keeps our body chugging along, but this simple body function is a major culprit when it comes to obesity. If your metabolism is slow, then your body cannot process the calories you take in. This means the calories are accumulated in the form of fat. So, if you want your body to accumulate less fat, then you need to boost your metabolism or take fewer calories or, harder still – work the calories off. The ABC diet helps to increase the body’s metabolism rate, helping it to lose weight rapidly.
[ Read: Abs Exercise for Women ]
So what exactly is the ABC diet plan? ABC diet is the abbreviation standing for The Ana Boot Camp diet. In this diet, you gradually keep reducing your calorie intake without letting the body go into starvation mode. So basically, you need to fool your body! Not easy at all. But if your body realizes that it is getting lesser amounts of calories than it will go into starvation mode. This will lead to slowing down of the metabolism and failure of the entire diet. So how exactly can you fool your body? Read on to know more.
How to do the ABC Diet?
Essentially, you need to fool your body with a diet that alternates your calorie intake to boost your metabolism. The diet can be followed for a period of 50 days. Over doing this diet can cause more harm than good. But if you follow the diet properly, then you can reach your goal weight within 50 days. Here are 5 distinct periods into which you can divide your diet:
- The first period can begin with 500 calories for the first two days. Then 300 calories for one day. 400 calories on the following day. After which your calorie intake should dip. After 400 calories the next day’s diet should have only 100 calories then increase it to 200. Over the next three days, increase it by 100 calories till you reach 500 calories. Then on the 10th day you have to fast.
- The second period should begin with a very low calorie intake of 150 calories. Then you must alternate the calorie intake. The second day you should have 200 calories, the third you should have 400, fourth you should have 350, fifth day take 250, sixth should allow only 200 calories, on the seventh day you have to fast. Following the fast, consume just 200 calories on the next day, follow it by 100 calories. Finally end the period with another fast.
- The third period sees a gradual reduction followed by a gradual increase in the calorie intake. Starting with 300 calories, keep reducing the intake by 50 calories per day. Once you have reached 50 calories per day, you can increase the intake. Day after the 50 calorie intake day, have a day that allows only 100 calories. Follow it with 200 calories for the next two days. Then increase it to 300. On the ninth day increase the intake to 800 calories before fasting again.
- The fourth period is the shortest one. This one spans over 4 days. On the first day you need to have 250 calories. The next two days increase the intake by 100 calories per day. Finally, fast again before starting the last period of the diet.
- The fifth and final period of the diet is the longest one. For the first six days keep reducing the calorie intake from 500 calories, by 50 calories per day. After reaching 200 on the seventh day, have the same intake on the eighth. On the ninth increase it to 250. Then again reduce it to 200. Follow it by an increase to 300. The next day go down to 200 and then follow it with 150 calories. Finally fast again on the last day.
Once you completed the diet you will surely see a huge difference. If you mess up, don’t worry. Stop for a short period and resume after a while. After the jubilation of completing the diet is over, gradually go back to your old eating habits. Don’t rush into it and let your body adjust slowly.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015