Ever heard of the adductor muscles in your body? The adductor muscles that most of us barely know about complements the longest bone in the human body and makes up the inner side of the thighs. Yes, the adductor muscles are nothing but the muscle on the inner side of your thighs that allow you to perform daily activities with ease. Do we need to tell you the importance of exercising these muscles that help you walk, sit, run, skip and go about various other activities? Yes, exercising the adductor muscles is just as important as exercising the other parts of your body to stay fit and healthy.
Top 5 Adductor Muscle Exercises:
Work these muscles with the following exercises, tone them and make them stronger.
1. Leg Raises:
Simple and easy adductor workout to do, all you need is a yoga mat.
- Lie down on your side on the mat
- Lift your torso by balancing on your elbow
- Now, lift your leg a little and bend the left knee and make it perpendicular to the other leg
- Keep your back straight and your neck in position to get the desired results
- Now lift your other leg in the air and hold this position for as long as you can
- Bring down slowly and exhale, and repeat 10 times. Do 3 to 4 sets for best results
2. Leg Squeeze:
You would need an exercise ball for this one.
- Lie on your back with your hands on the sides on the floor
- Place the exercise ball between your legs and bend them at knee level to form a right angle
- Now, push and press the ball inward so as to bring your legs closer
- Hold for as long as you can and then exhale; let your feet rest by bringing them down to the side
- Do repeats of 10 each and do 3 sets for best results.
3. Scissor Kicks:
- Lie down on your back and place your legs hip-width apart and ensure that your hands are at the side
- Raise your legs at a 70 degree angle to the floor and watch the abs, and leg muscles tighten
- Now, bring one leg under the other and start a side way criss-cross motion. Do this slowly and make sure you repeat with the other leg on top.
- Do it as much as you can without much discomfort to avoid any muscle pull.
4. Shallow Knee Bends:
This is one of the other best adductor strengthening exercises.
- Stand with your legs apart and make sure your feet are placed in a 90 degree angle to your body.
- Now, put your hands in front and ensure that you are in a balanced position
- Slowly push yourself down and try to do squats and notice how your inner thighs are exercised
- Remember to maintain your balance and keep your back straight, and don’t lose your posture.
5. Climbing Stairs:
This is a pretty simple and easy adductor muscle exercise. Ensure that you have a target time of 40 minutes. Go up and down the stairs in such a way that you take two steps at a time or more to exercise your inner muscles and feel a stretch as much as possible. You will have to wear the right shoes and pay attention to your step. Exercise caution while you are climbing the stairs to avoid any injury due to a misplaced step. Don’t walk easy; speed up and step with caution.
[ Read: Women’s Exercises For Abs ]
These are some simple, easy to do adductor muscle exercises that need no special equipment or tools. One can start with these exercises at home. As you build your strength, you can push yourself further and increase the repetitions and the number of sets. Make sure that you do them properly. If in doubt, do an online search for clarity to avoid any injury, complications or health problems.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015