Does television advertisements make you feel your hair is not glossy, healthy and strong enough? When you see the models showing off their long and shiny tresses, do you silently wish you have glossy hair? Of course, you can have beautiful hair like them, even without applying hair products readily available in the market. If you want smooth frizz free hair you got to go natural.
Aloe vera the miracle plant is the one stop solution for all your hair woes. Aloe vera cleans, nourishes and protects your hair from damage, and makes it shine with a healthy glow. So, apart from providing a host of health and skincare benefits, a few leaves of aloe vera can even save the beauty of your hair when used regularly.
Most of the hair products found today claim to cure hair loss within a week and when you see the main ingredient in the list, it would be mentioned as ‘aloe vera’. It is better to use hair products that contain aloe vera but since they are very expensive not everyone can purchase such products. On the other hand, the local cheaper variants with aloe vera content would not improve your hair in any way due to the chemicals and preservatives present in it.
When it is good to use cosmetics that contain aloe vera, it is much better to extract and use the natural aloe vera gel from your terrace plant! So why should we search for products that contain aloe vera? Let us collect some aloe leaves from our very own garden to treat hair naturally. After all the aloe vera uses for hair are many!
So the best solution is to make aloe vera conditioner at home. You can do this by extracting the clear aloe vera gel or sap from the plant.
Recipe for Aloe Based Leave in Conditioner:
Here is a simple recipe for a leave in conditioner made from aloe vera, this will help to control frizz if you have wavy or curly hair. Aloe vera with a pH of 4.5 helps to close the hair cuticles which aids in controlling the frizz.
- 4 oz. water
- 4 oz. aloe vera gel
- Essential oil (choose your own)
- Blend aloe vera and water in a small bowl with a spoon.
- Pour this in a spray bottle and shake it gently, then add essential oil and shake it again.
- You can spray it in your hair when you find it unmanageable.
Aloe vera gel is very light on the hair; you will not feel your head weighed down like it happens when you apply other conditioners. Aloe vera is humectant, and it draws moisture from the air and keeps the hair hydrated. No wonder, this aloe hair serum controls frizz effectively, you can spray this leave in conditioner after styling your hair instead of using a hairspray.
You might ask why I should use aloe vera hair conditioner instead of the one that I normally use. This is because aloe vera is natural and free of chemicals that damage your hair shafts leaving it dry and unmanageable. The other benefits of the aloe leave in conditioner are:
- Aloe vera helps to maintain the pH balance of the hair
- Aloe vera keeps the hair hydrated by locking moisture in your hair. It acts like physical barrier between your hair and the environment.
- Aloe vera gel effectively detangles your hair so you can use it as a hair serum and run a comb through the smooth hair easily.
- Aloe vera accentuates the natural curls you have and makes you look glamorous.
- This aloe vera leave in conditioner is also great for oily hair.
- If you have an itchy scalp problem, aloe vera is the easiest solution to get rid of it.
- Aloe vera can be used anytime and anywhere. Just carry that spray bottle in your bag.
Aloe Vera Gel for Curly Hair:
Many girls who have curly hair are very particular about the products that they use on their hair. If you are one amongst them, then you can apply aloe vera without even a tinge of worry. This is because aloe vera contains 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and 200 phytonutrients.
So here are some tips to use aloe vera gel for your bangs.
1. As A Pre-Shampoo Treatment:
Using aloe vera gel before applying shampoo helps to destroy the dandruff buildup in the hair. The natural enzymes present in aloe vera helps to remove all the dead cells, fungus are dandruff effectively. At the same time, it keeps the hair hydrated. Aloe vera also maintains the pH balance of the scalp and prevents dandruff from recurring.
- Massage the aloe vera gel in your scalp and leave it for ten minutes.
- Then rinse it with shampoo.
- You can also blend aloe vera gel with coconut milk and wheat germ oil if you want a relatively lighter pre-shampoo treatment.
Latest posts by Lancy (see all)
- Amazing DIY Recipes And Vitamin Hacks For Strong And Beautiful Hair - November 27, 2012
- A Fun DIY – Homemade Hair Serum That You Can Try Today - September 10, 2012
- DIY Pineapple and Honey Face Mask - August 25, 2012
- Top 50 Hairstyles For Professional Women - August 22, 2012