Is your weight giving you sleepless nights? Do you want to get rid of that excess fat? Have you tried exercising or given up on your favourite food, but nothing has really worked? Well, if it’s a yes, then it is time for you to sip some Aloe Vera juice to lose weight.
Aloe Vera juice is a yellow liquid which is extracted from the tubules of Aloe Vera plant. Aloe Vera plant is commonly found in African countries, Central Asia and in Causcaus region. In India, the plant is usually grown in pots. Bitter in taste, Aloe Vera juice is an effective option to lose weight which can easily be tried at home.
[ Read: Breadfruit Benefits ]
Aloe Vera Juice Weight Loss – How it Works?
If you want to look slim and in shape, then Aloe Vera juice can do miracles. The juice works as a natural antioxidant and therefore retards the growth of free radicals in body. Listed below are some of the ways how Aloe Vera juice for weight loss works:
- Laxative effect – Aloe Vera plant is rich in components that have a beneficial impact on the large intestine. Consuming Aloe Vera juice regularly stops constipation and keeps the stomach healthy. However, one should consult a doctor before consuming Aloe Vera juice for weight loss, if taken in large quantities, it can result in inflammation.
- Increased metabolism – As per scientific reports, the juice of Aloe Vera plant increases metabolism. Regular intake of the juice helps achieve a higher rate of metabolism and thus contributing to weight loss.
- Detoxification –The juice of Aloe Vera plant not only helps in weight loss but also helps in detoxification. The juice affects the digestive system in a positive way and cleanses the body well. This results in healthy weight loss.
[ Read: Evening Primrose Oil Benefits ]
How to consume Aloe Vera Juice for weight loss?
If you are thinking of drinking Aloe Vera juice for weight loss, but have no idea of how to make it, then here is how it can be easily made at home.
- Aloe Vera juice can be made from fresh leaves. Once the leaves are extracted, they need to be washed thoroughly. Remove the upper skin of the leaves, grind it and take out the juice.
- The juice can be filtered and stored in refrigerator. It is recommended to drink one teaspoon of Aloe Vera juice every day, fifteen minutes prior to a meal.
- As the juice tastes bitter, one can also consume it by mixing it with honey. Both honey and Aloe Vera juice aid indigestion.
- The course of consuming Aloe Vera juice for weight loss should be followed for a week or two. Although healthy, it is advised to consult a doctor before consuming Aloe Vera juice.
[ Read: Papaya Diet for Weight Loss ]
Aloe Vera Juice Side Effects:
Aloe Vera juice is often termed as a miracle drink. The juice helps human body in various ways. Not only Aloe Vera is good for weight loss, it also has side effects. Here are few side effects which you must be aware of:
- Increased intake of Aloe Vera juice can sometimes cause cramps in stomach, dehydration and diarrhea.
- People with low blood pressure should avoid consuming the juice as it can further bring down the blood pressure.
- Pregnant women, breast feeding moms and kids should also avoid intake of Aloe Vera juice.
- Rashes, allergic reactions and itching are also some common side effects of this juice.
Drinking Aloe Vera juice for weight loss is an effective option. However, one must consult a doctor prior, to know about the recommended dosage and threats, if any. Don’t forget to leave us a comment below. Eat healthy, stay fit!
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)