Did you ever get fed up of the routine treadmill workouts? Ever wondered if there could be a variation that actually makes the entire routine much more interesting? In that case, probably this post is written just for you! This post deals with the 20-minute treadmill workout!
This workout will keep you interested, and you can never lose focus. You will also be able to reach your goals much quicker. Want to know more about this trend-setting workout routine? Then go ahead and give a read!
20-Minute Treadmill Workouts – Top 3:
1. The Treadmill Tabata:
An efficient way to burn the insane number of calories on a treadmill is by using the Tabata workout. Tabata is a high-intensity interval training that never lasts longer than 5 minutes. They usually have 8 rounds that consist of solid exercises. Each round lasts for 20 seconds. There will be 10 seconds of rest after each. So if you want to add this amazing 20 minute interval treadmill workout to your regular workout routine, try this!
- For the first 8 minutes, you will be jogging on the treadmill. You can increase the speed in the last 3 minutes.
- Now take your jump rope and skip for about 20 seconds.
- Rest for the next 10 seconds.
- Next come squat jacks. You can do as many as you can. However, don’t do them for more than 30 seconds. This will make up 9 minutes of the workout.
- Repeat this.
- End with a final minute of jogging on the treadmill. Keep the speed high!
2. Upper Body Strength Training Workout:
The upper body strength training workout will tone up the upper sections of your body within 20 minutes. You will only need a pair of dumbbells as extra equipment for this one. If you don’t have dumbbells, you can fill empty water bottles with sand and use them. That should do the trick.
[ Read: Benefits Of Elliptical Trainer Workout ]
- Jog on the treadmill for four minutes. You should be comfortable since it is the beginning of the workout. Increase your intensity if you feel like it.
- Now do the dumbbell chest press for the next 2 minutes.
- Follow it up with some bent over dumbbell rows for another 2 minutes.
- Triceps kickback comes next. This too should last for 2 minutes.
- This should complete the 20 minute upper body strength training workout using a treadmill.
3. The Weight Loss Workout:
A great way to lose some weight is by using the treadmill at home. If you are tired of simply jogging and running on it, you can try a fun and cool workout! Here is how you should go about it.
- Start off with a warm up. Here you will be jogging at a normal pace for 3 minutes.
- Then jump back down and do some jumping jacks, butt kicks, squats and push ups for the next 3 minutes.
- Get back on the treadmill again and jog. This time make it fast. Give your hundred percent. It should last for 4 minutes maximum.
- Get back down again and do a 5 minute intense workout. This time you can do some Russian twists, Burpees, frog jumps and lateral raises. That should be fun.
- Use the treadmill again and run on it now. This will be your final workout so make it worth. It should not be longer than 5 minutes.
These are the best 20 minute treadmill workouts for you to try. You don’t have to spend long hours at the gym to get fit; just twenty minutes of high-intensity workout can do wonders to your health! What do you think about the 20-minute treadmill workout? Share with us in the comments section below!
- 6 Basic Treadmill Walking Tips For Beginners
- 5 Simple Ways To Stay Fit When You Have Just 30 Minutes To Spare Daily
- 30 Minute No Gym Workout For A Fitter, Healthier You
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 6 Surprising Ways Salmon Can Benefit Your Health - September 2, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015