You have an important occasion coming in your way, for which you want to wear your favourite dress. You will try your favourite dress and it will not fit you! A total disappointment! How do you lose that extra flab to fit into that dress? Well, try the banana-milk diet, which would surely help you lose some weight in an easy and effective way.
The banana-milk diet has been proved to be an effective weight loss method that would require you to practice it only for 3 to 4 days and you would surely see incredible results!
[ Read: Does Banana Shake Help To Gain Weight ]
How Does It Work?
The banana and milk diet program was first developed by Dr. George Harrop in 1934. The idea behind this diet plan was to let the body consume lesser calories and still stay healthy. The diet involves consuming 2 to 3 bananas along with one cup fat-free milk for each meal. There is some flexibility here as you may consume the bananas before or after having the milk or even blend the two together to make a banana smoothie. One thing that you need to consume along with this diet is lots and lots of water.
Following this diet plan helps one lose the excess fat in the body along with the muscle mass. This milk and banana diet allows you to consume lesser than 1000 calories each day and thus the body can easily shed weight at a fast pace.
Here Is The Maths:
Each banana contains around 100 calories and a cup of milk would not contain more than 80 calories. Hence, consuming a meal of this diet thrice would not let you have more than 900 calories per day.
[ Read: Milk Diet for Weight Loss ]
The Benefits Of Banana And Milk Diet:
Banana’s Portion Of Benefits:
- Bananas, as we all know, are a highly nutritious fruit laden with vitamins and minerals, especially potassium (about 422 mg in one banana) which is vital for the normal functioning of the body.
- They also contain fibers (about 3 gms in one banana), which help the body get rid of the toxins that are accumulated in it.
- These also give a satiated feeling, making one feel hungry after long hours. Above all, they are tastier and consuming them is easier.
Milk’s Portion Of Benefits:
- Fat-free milk is a quintessential element of our daily diet. It is rich in calcium and proteins and contains no fat.
- The calcium in it helps in the development and retention of bone strength. It also help in the normal functioning of hormones.
- It also contains proteins that are required for the development of the body muscles.
- Put together, bananas and milk provide the body with ample doses of proteins, vitamins, fibres and minerals without any fat!
- The nutrients received from this diet are enough to supply the body with a sufficient amount of energy to sustain for a period of 3 to 4 days.
[ Read: Benefits Of Banana Juice For Health ]
Some Points Of Caution:
A banana and milk diet regime can be followed by anyone who wants to lose weight in an emergency situation. However, there are a few things that one should keep in mind when following it:
- Initially, one might feel a bit weak as the calorie intake gets reduced incredibly during this diet. The weakness is not difficult enough to manage, but if in case it does get tough to manage, you could consume one proper meal per day. Still, try to keep the fat intake less for this meal.
- The banana-milk diet is not recommended to be followed by women during their menstrual cycle. This diet lacks minerals like iron, zinc, copper and some vitamins that are quite important to be consumed during this time. Still, if the diet has to be taken at this time, make sure you have some vitamin and mineral supplements along with it.
- The banana-milk diet plan should not be followed for more than 4 days as some of the vital elements required for the body are missing in it. Following this diet for 4 days helps one lose around 4 kgs of body weight easily. If one wants to lose more weight, he/she could take a gap of about one week and undertake another round of this diet plan.
Is this diet sounding helpful? Hope you would definitely try this banana and milk diet plan for weight loss! Feel free to share your thoughts or experiences with us in the comment section.
- The Banana Diet: Bananas For Weight Loss
- This Remarkable Diet Can Make You Lose 10 Pounds In Just 3 Weeks!
- 5 Day Apple Diet For Weight Loss
- 9 Pills, Tricks And Diet Tips For Instant Weight Loss
- Cabbage Soup Diet For Rapid Weight Loss
Latest posts by Amanpreet (see all)
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Walking Lunges - November 14, 2014
- 25 Amazing Benefits Of White Pepper (Safed Mirch) Powder For Skin, Hair, And Health - November 14, 2014
- 5 Types Of Pastas And Their Differences - November 14, 2014
- 2 Simple Steps To Use Castor Oil For Eyelashes - November 14, 2014
- What Are The Differences Between Castor Oil And Coconut Oil? - November 14, 2014