The Butterfly exercise is an effective move to tone your chest and make it stronger. Targeting the pecs, this workout helps in the development of thick muscles. This exercise is effective and needs to be performed while seating on a weighted machine. This might be a little difficult to do at first, so we suggest you perform every rep properly in full control. You don’t want to injure yourself now, do you?
Functions Of Butterfly Workout:
The pecs cover almost all the area over your chest. Because of this very reason, the butterfly workouts are mainly focused on exercises that will control the upper, middle, lower and inner chest area. Not just that, the move will work your biceps and deltoids as well, giving you a toned and stronger upper body.
How Will You Do This Move With A Cable Machine?
Follow the below steps to perform this exercise properly:
- Begin your workout by sitting on the cable machine. You should be comfortable, but not relaxed.
- Once you have adjusted your seat, make sure your arms are parallel to the floor.
- Extend your arms out by your side, and then push out the handles straight.
- Now bend your elbows gently. Your arms should be in front of your body now.
- Make sure you bring your knuckles close to each other. Your chest should be squeezed with pressure now, and then move the handles out.
- As you open your elbows and lift them, close your arms in such a way that you are flapping like a happy butterfly. This move should be controlled and slow.
- If you would like to try other positions, feel free to stand. This will be equally beneficial.
How Will You Do This Move Without A Cable Machine?
So you don’t have a machine? Don’t worry. You can still practice the butterfly workout!
In case you don’t have a cable machine to do the butterfly pose, you can do the same move using dumbbells. This is similar to the previous move. The only difference is the position. Dumbbells are equally effective and allow you to maintain your balance. Doing the butterfly maneuver using dumbbells will make your muscles tight and toned.
To do this move without the machine, follow the next few steps:
- Sit on a weighted bench and hold your face up.
- Hold the weights right above your chest and let your palms face one another.
- Now you need to bend the elbows. After that, lower the arms until you feel a good stretch in the chest area.
- Now move the dumbbells and bring it back to the first position. Now repeat as many times as you can.
- Now stop with the weights when you are pushing them up.
[ Read: Powerful Workouts To Tone Your Abs ]
Benefits Of Butterfly Chest Workout:
- If you have tried the butterfly chest move before, you must know how difficult it can be for beginners. However it offers many benefits. Some of them are:
- The best part about the butterfly chest move is that it gives quick results and flatters your torso at the same time.
- It will increase your chest size and reduce the flabbiness.
- Your waist will look slimmer, since the upper body will be completely toned.
- When you tone up the chest muscles, the bust line will also see significant changes.
- Your fitness level will increase faster and you will feel stronger.
If your flabby torso is giving you sleepless nights, it’s time to try the butterfly workout. It will not only tone your chest area but will make sure your entire upper body gets a proper shape.
Talk to your trainer to incorporate the butterfly exercises in your workout regimen today.
What exercise do you prefer for toning your upper body? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 7 Step Basic Chest And Back Workout Routine
- 20 Effective Shoulder Exercises You Should Include In Workout
- 15 Effective Pre And Post Workout Stretches For Women
- 10 Must Do Pilates Workouts For Weight Loss
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 6 Surprising Ways Salmon Can Benefit Your Health - September 2, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015