Are you dying to go ‘fab’ from ‘flab’? Want to know the secret of achieving a super sexy body like Miranda Kerr, Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie? Well, embrace coconut oil and you will be all set to say ‘good bye’ to your excess body fat. The healthy fat content of the oil can help you in a number of ways to shed off those extra pounds and get into the perfect shape. Here is all you need to know:
Coconut Oil – A Better Weight Loss Choice Than Olive Oil:
If you believe that olive oil is the healthiest choice to opt for losing weight, think again! It may be the favorite oil of doctors and nutritionists, but that does not ensure its effectiveness in eliminating excess body weight. Rather, a study conducted a few years ago revealed that the fatty acids (largely monosaturated fat) present in our body fat are much more similar to those found in olive oil. On the other hand, coconut oil does not contain such monosaturated fats, which make it a far better option for weight loss.
How Coconut Oil Can Aid Weight Loss?
But how does coconut oil help in losing weight? Here are the ways it can give you a healthy body weight and a slim body:
1. Being a rich source of saturated fat (almost 90%), coconut oil can help overweight people immensely. A large portion (nearly 60%) of this fat content is made of a medium-chain saturated fatty acid (MCT) called ‘lauric acid’, which is around 3 times more effective than its longer-chain counterparts in fighting extra weight.
3. When you include coconut oil in your regular diet, your digestion becomes comparatively slower. It keeps you full even after hours of having your meal. So, no more binge eating!
4. As mentioned earlier, coconut oil decelerates the process of digestion, which slows down the production of glucose by making the breakdown of carbohydrates sluggish. It puts a stop to the fluctuation of sugar in our bloodstream and eventually aids in weight loss.
[ Read: Coconut Oil Help Prevent Hair Loss ]
5. Most of the overweight people are known to suffer from a condition named ‘candida’ or ‘yeast , which is characterized by cravings for food, fatigue, sudden weight gain, etc. The medium-chain fatty acids present in coconut oil can eliminate candida completely, thereby causing the permanent weight loss.
6. Natural weight loss is promoted by detoxification of the body as well as restoration of overall health. Coconut oil is known to cleanse our internal system, provide nutrition to our cells and tissues while maintaining the health of our digestive tract, which ultimately accelerate weight loss.
Dosage Of Coconut Oil For Weight Loss:
Well, the dosage of coconut oil for weight loss totally depends upon the calorie requirements of a person. It is recommended to start with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the oil in your diet every day. Once your body gets adjusted to it, go up to 5 to 6 tablespoons a day. You should also keep the following points in mind while taking coconut oil as a weight loss aid:
- The best time to consume coconut oil is 15 to 20 minutes before the meal time. It makes you feel full, which results in the reduction of appetite and ingestion of smaller portions.
- As the melting point of coconut oil is 76F, it is important to make it liquid before consumption. For this purpose, mix the required amount of coconut oil with a cup of hot water. Stir with a spoon until the oil gets melted completely.
[ Read: Coconut Oil Help Treat Dandruff ]
- You can also melt the oil in your mouth by keeping it inside your oral cavity for some time prior to swallowing.
Choosing The Best Coconut Oil For Weight Loss:
Yes, coconut oil can be of different types and not all of them are equally beneficial for weight loss. It is advisable that you go only for high-quality coconut oil manufactured by a reputed brand. Here are some more factors to consider while choosing the best coconut oil for losing body weight:
- The organic, unprocessed extra virgin coconut oil is the best choice for weight loss as it holds the natural goodness of the oil by preserving all essential micro nutrients. Being an unrefined version, it is also free from harmful chemical compounds.
- If you do not get extra virgin coconut oil easily, simply go for the virgin ones. These are ‘cold-pressed’ and contain lots of antioxidants along with a strong aroma.
- If you are not getting neither ‘extra virgin’ nor ‘virgin coconut’ oil, you may consider the ‘expeller-pressed’ refined coconut oil as an alternative. Being highly processed, it will give you a neutral fragrance.
- Whether you are using cold-pressed coconut oil or expeller-pressed one, you can store it as long as 2 years, which is definitely a plus for you.
How To Use Coconut Oil In Your Weight Loss Diet:
How to use coconut oil for weight loss? Including coconut oil in your weight loss diet does not mean to combine it only with hot water. You can also use it in your regular foods. It is one of the most efficient cooking oils that is regarded as an excellent heat-resistant oil. It does not generate detrimental hydrogenated fat while getting cooked. Some ways to use coconut oil for weight loss diet are mentioned below:
[ Read: Benefits Of Coconut For Hair ]
- Prepare baked food items, such as cookies, muffins, cupcakes, brownies, etc., by replacing butter with coconut oil.
- Roast fresh raw vegetables like beets, capsicums, sweet potatoes, etc. in coconut oil and add flavorful herbs to them for seasoning.
- Get your own homemade popcorn by tossing the kernels in a little coconut oil.
- While making nut butters next time, make sure that you pour a few tablespoons of coconut oil into the food processor.
So, what are you waiting for? Indulge in coconut oil and fall in love with your ‘super sexy avatar’!
Have you ever consumed coconut oil? Which recipes go best with this oil? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 4 Effective Benefits Of Fish Oil For Weight Loss
- Top 10 Weight Loss Diet Drops Available In India
- 10 Must Do Pilates Workouts For Weight Loss
- 5 Effective Vegetable Soup Recipes For Weight Loss
- 2 Effective Ways To Use Onion For Weight Loss
Latest posts by Nilankeeta Roy Chowdhury (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Vegetarian Restaurants In Pune - December 26, 2014
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Step Aerobics For Weight Loss - October 21, 2014
- 4 Steps To Use Mala Beads For Meditation - October 20, 2014
- Top 10 Herbal Cosmetic Brands Available In India - October 20, 2014
- Mahamudra Meditation – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - October 8, 2014