Glycerin has many uses for skin care. It is also known as glycerol. It is colorless and odorless. It has a sweet taste and is used in cough syrups, tinctures and elixirs as a pharmaceutical ingredient. Glycerin is popularly used in creams, ointments, soaps, lotions and body scrubs. This is best suited for all skin types including oily skin. This is useful to treat many oily skin problems such as acne, skin infections, wrinkles and fine lines. Glycerin can give you moisturized and cleansed skin without any side effects.
Here Are The Benefits Of Glycerin For Oily Skin:
1. As A Humectant:
Humectants in glycerin help to retain water in the skin. It is also hygroscopic in nature which means that it can draw water from the air into the skin. This minimizes water loss due to evaporation in oily skin, and keeps it hydrated and nourished.
2. Cell Maturation:
Glycerin plays a vital role in cell maturation. Applying glycerol to oily skin topically can help to get rid of many skin problems. This is an effective product to cure oily skin problems like pimples, acne and blackheads.
3. Non-Toxic Nature:
Glycerin is non-toxic and safe to be used in skin care products. It is suitable for an infant or child’s skin as well. It is also safe to be used in products meant for sensitive and oily skin. Glycerin doesn’t lose its chemical stability and prolongs the shelf life when mixed with other products. This is neither harsh nor causes any irritation or allergies on oily skin.
4. Skin Structure:
This can improve and protect oily skin by filling up the intercellular matrix. This is useful to build an even skin structure. Its humectant and hygroscopic properties make this a great beauty care ingredient for oily skin. Glycerin holds that perfect amount of moisture required to hydrate oily skin without imparting any greasiness. This also helps to create a barrier with external factors that can harm the skin and prevents moisture loss.
5. Treats Skin Problems:
Glycerin is the best for oily skin. This can treat many skin problems including acne or pimples. It also helps to reduce bacterial skin infections.
6. Use In Your Face Pack:
You can use glycerin in a face pack with fuller’s earth. Mix both the ingredients, add water and make a paste. Apply it evenly on the face and neck. Wash off with cold water after 15 minutes. This face pack is useful to hydrate and beautify your skin.
7. Gentle On The Skin:
Glycerin is often added to soaps, body lotions and creams as it is 100% safe and gentle on oily skin. This doesn’t have any side effects and is useful to treat skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema.
Glycerin can be applied directly on to oily skin as a moisturizer. You can even add it to your bath water, creams, cleansers or lotions. This adds hydration and health to your skin.
Oily skin can make you look dull and it is susceptible to a number of other conditions like acne, irritation and redness. Hence, you can use glycerin on a regular basis to prevent these problems associated with oiliness. This also helps in smoothing your skin by filling in the microscopic pores.
Dos And Don’ts Of Using Glycerin On Oily Skin:
- Always dilute glycerin with water when using directly on oily skin.
- You can also add rose water to glycerin for best results.
- Never apply glycerin in large quantities.
- Don’t leave it for long on your face.
- Avoid using glycerin in lotions, as these are already sticky.
- Always wash off the glycerin thoroughly, as it may attract dust and pollution due to its sticky nature.
Have you tried glycerin for skin care? Leave us your comments below.
- 5 Most Popular Fairness Creams For Oily Skin Available in India
- How to make Makeup last longer on Oily skin?
- 6 Extremely Effective Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin
- Best Cleansing Milk Products For Oily Skin – Our Top 7 Picks
- DIY: Simple Home Made Facial Kit For Oily Skin
Latest posts by Jayshree Bhagat (see all)
- Top 15 Most Beautiful Cherry Blossom Flowers - May 13, 2014
- 23 Effective Exercises For Toned Buttocks - April 25, 2014
- Best Aerobics Shoes For Women – Our Top 10 - April 11, 2014
- 14 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Soy Protein - March 26, 2014
- Top 10 Clinics/Centers That Provide Laser Treatment For Acne Scars - March 24, 2014