Grapefruit essential oil is present in its peel and is extracted by compression. This fragrant oil offers a wide range of benefits and is a popular use for aromatherapy. It is also used in a number of skin and body care treatments. It can also be used as a diffuser, vaporiser, and is also included in bath and shower gels. The grapefruit essential oil is mainly composed of Limonene, Alpha Pinene, Sabinene, Myrcene, Terpinenol and so on. Some of the benefits of Grapefruit oil are mentioned below.
Amazing Benefits of Grapefruit Oil:
Let us quickly check the grapefruit oil benefits:
1. Mood Lifting Properties:
The aromatherapy qualities of the grapefruit oil are also great. The oil elevates the senses and is used as an anti-depressant. Travellers often use it for jet lag and it provides great relief to migraine sufferers. The sulphur compounding the oil gives distinct flavour and aroma to the foods. For mood lifting effects, apply several apply several drops of essential oil to a diffuser or combine it with a carrier oil for aromatherapy massage purpose.
2. Aids Digestion:
Grapefruit essential oils help in the digestive process and assist the kidney and liver so that they function normally. It can even be used in the drug withdrawal program and plays an important role in keeping the lymphatic and vascular system healthy.
[ Read: Grapefruit Benefits for Skin and Hair ]
Grapefruit essential oil also has antiseptic qualities.
4. For Cellulite:
Grapefruit oil is a powerful cellulite crusher. Toxin build up and fluid retention creates cellulite in fat cells. When toxins are not flushed out of the body, they accumulate in cells. Grapefruit oil flushes out the free radicals that create cellulite. Simply mix 1-2 drops of grapefruit oil with some coconut oil and massage on the body parts in a kneading pattern every night
The antiseptic qualities of grapefruit oil help to combat the germs on the hard surface. You can even use grapefruit oil as a natural cleanser. Just add some drops of oil to a spray bottle of water and spray on your kitchen areas.
6. Diuretic Properties:
Grapefruits essential oil is offered by naturopaths as a diuretic to reduce bloating and fluid retention. Regular elimination of urine is necessary for proper functioning of the kidneys.
7. Anti Oxidant:
Grape fruit essential oil is rich in Vitamin C and has a significant content of anti-oxidants which helps to neutralise the free radicals that damage the skin and speed up the signs of ageing. Anti-oxidants boost up the skin’s regenerative abilities and maintain a youthful look. You can also add a few drops of grapefruit essential oil to your shampoo and conditioner. This will give you shiny and healthy hair.
[ Read: Sweet Potato Benefits ]
8. Hair Tonic:
Naturopathy often recommends grapefruit essential oil as a hair tonic which helps to treat dandruff and promote healthy hair follicle. It is also used as a part of hair care regimen to treat oily hair and promote shine.
Massaging grapefruit essential oil along with other carrier oils like olive oil is the simplest way to promote hair growth and makes hair healthy and shiny.
You can even prepare your own Hair Detangler:
- Mix one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel, 2 drops of glycerin, grapefruit oil and 1/2 teaspoon grape seed extract with ½ liter of water.
- Store it in a spray bottle. Spray lightly while you take a shower.
This oil also promotes appetite in people who don’t feel the urge to eat. Regular doses help to increase the appetite significantly. Add 1-2 drops of the oil to water, or massage on the abdomen.
10. Overcomes Addictions:
Grapefruit oil fragrance is useful to get rid of drug addiction and food craving. You can apply 1-2 drops of oil on the stomach or the neck, or directly inhale for best effect.
11. Healthy Heart:
This is a great way to keep your heart healthy. Add 1-2 drops to any moisturizer and massage over the heart at night.
12. Dry Mouth:
Mix 1-2 drops of grape fruit oil in a glass of warm water and gargle. You can also swallow this after gargling. You may add a drop of oil to one teaspoon of coconut oil and gargle with it.
This essential oil can cure PMS if you add it to a bath. You can also apply few drops on your wrist or dress, or massage it directly on the lower abdomen and feet soles for balanced hormonal function.
How to Use Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil:
- Always use certified and organic cold pressed grapefruit oil.
- Place 1-2 drops of the oil on the palm of your hand.
- Rub the hands together and inhale the aroma slowly.
- Always inhale the scent 5 to 20 minutes before taking a meal.
- Remember to drink 1 liter of water after breathing the oil.
- You can mix it with wild patchouli essential oil for best effect.
Hope you found the article informative. Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Frankincense Oil
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Magnesium Oil For Better Health
- 20 Amazing Benefits Of Grape Seed Oil For Skin, Hair & Health
- 7 Benefits of Grapefruit essential oil for Hair
Latest posts by Arshi Ahmed (see all)
- 10 Best Neem Soap Brands You Can Try - September 29, 2014
- 6 Simple Steps To Prepare Apple Cider Vinegar - September 27, 2014
- 50 Amazing Workout Hairstyles You Can Try - May 15, 2014
- 21 Effective Home Remedies For Red Eyes - April 12, 2014
- How To Improve Blood Circulation in The Body – 18 Effective Home Remedies - April 12, 2014