Long and dark eyelashes give the eyes their true beauty. Beautiful eyelashes are undoubtedly something that most women desire. But, not all are blessed with those picture perfect lashes! Women who don’t have natural beautiful eyelashes, can opt for cosmetic options, such as mascara. Those options make the lashes look darker, fuller, longer and beautiful. Another option that many women opt for is to use false eyelashes. But nothing can beat natural eyelashes! But how can women who have not been blessed with the perfect lash gene get beautiful eyelashes?
It is possible to get those beautiful eyelashes naturally and that too with minimum effort! Sounds too good to be true? Better believe it!
If you really want to get all natural, thick eyelashes, you need to put in some effort and dedication. And in no time you would be flaunting those ‘thick and beautiful eyelashes’. But the question is does olive oil help eyelashes grow? Read on further to find out.
[ Read: Olive Oil To Get Glowing Skin ]
The natural methods comprise the use of natural ingredients that are available at home and are safe to use.
The ingredient that tops this list is – olive oil!
Olive Oil For Eyelashes:
Olive oil is a power tonic, one of nature’s healing wonders that offers many health benefits. It is very good for hair and skin. Here are few benefits of using olive oil for eyelashes
- Olive oil is actually the fat obtained from the fruit of the Olea europaea (olive tree), a traditional tree crop found in the Mediterranean region, where whole olives are pressed to produce the oil.
- Olive oils are graded based on their extraction process and the acid contents in the pressed oil. The extra virgin olive oil has just 1% acid content and the virgin olive oil has 3% acid content.
- These two types are obtained from the first pressing of the olives. Other types include fino, light, and pure, which are a blend of these oils or result of different process.
- Olive oil has miraculous effects both on hair growth as well as on the quality and strength of the strands. It makes the hair softer. It also stimulates hair growth. Just like olive oil makes hair grow healthier, it also works on the growth of eyelashes.
- Olive oil is a natural resource of vitamins and nutrients, all of which are needed for healthy hair growth. With regular application of olive oil, your eyelashes will get proper nourishment.
- Olive oil makes the eyelashes grow thicker and fuller. Apart from that it can also be used as an eye makeup remover.
[ Read: Benefits Of Olive Oil For Skin ]
How To Use Olive Oil For Eyelashes:
Now, the question is how to use olive oil for eyelashes growth. It is a simple method and takes hardly a minute or two.
- Pour a few drops of olive oil on a cotton ball and apply it to your lashes.
- Olive oil is heavy, so you have to be careful and take just a few drops.
- Leave the oil on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse it off with tepid water.
- This tepid water will remove all the races of oil from your eyelashes and leave them in a fabulous condition.
- This treatment has to be followed for 4 weeks to get the desired results.
You can also use the eyelash brush to apply the oil. Take a few drops on the eyelash brush and comb it through your eyelashes. Let it sit for a while and then follow the same procedure as stated above.
This regimen will yield better results if done at bedtime. Your eyes can get rest and the goodness of olive oil gets the chance to do its magic!
Follow the below tips when you use olive oil on eyelashes:
- Along with olive oil treatment, Vitamin E oil can also be used on the lashes. It is also important to remove eye makeup promptly to avoid damaging the hair follicles of the lashes.
- Healthy and nutritious diet should always accompany any natural treatment to achieve the best results. Additional Health supplements can also be taken to get those dark and thick lashes.
Follow these tips and in no time, you will notice a difference in the quality of our eyelashes. The smoothness, thickness and the length would definitely blow you away—a dream come true!
Do you have thin eyelashes? What do you do to make them appear thicker? Any trick? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 5 Easy Steps To Apply False Eyelashes Effortlessly – Tutorial
- 8 Natural Remedies To Get Beautifully Long Eyelashes
- 10 Simple Makeup Tips For Sensitive Eyes
- 3 Unique Techniques To Curl Your Eyelashes Perfectly
Latest posts by Dona Sheth Agarwal (see all)
- 5 Simple Diet Tips To Gain Weight - September 9, 2014
- 15 Best Probiotic Foods To Strengthen Your Immune System - August 30, 2014
- 5 Amazing Reasons How Sweet Potatoes Help In Weight Loss - August 12, 2014
- 8 Effective Benefits Of White Tea For Weight Loss - August 7, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Winged Beans For Beauty And Health - August 6, 2014