Orange fruit is the best source of Vitamin C, which is good for health and skin care as well. However most of the benefits of orange are in its skin itself. Here you will know the stunning benefits of orange peel.
14 Best Benefits Of Orange Peel
Let us quickly see the top orange peel benefits (santre ke chilke):
1. Bath Oil:
Add a little grounded and dried orange peel or if possible its oil for stimulating the skin. This is an effective way to use orange peel for skin (1).
2. Freshen Air:
Boil handful of dried orange peels, cinnamon and cardamom in water. This will freshen up your mood and air in the house (2). You will simply love the tangy smell. They can even be rubbed on florescent lights for air freshening. This is one of the many orange peel uses.
[ Read: Benefits of Jeera ]
3. Eat It:
There are number of ways of consuming orange peel to add flavour to your food. You can add it as zest, boil for garnish, etc. Try searching for its recipes on internet (3).
4. Orange Peel For Face:
Orange Peel is considered as a boon for face and skin care as it cures blackheads (4), dead cells, acne (5), pores, blemishes, dark circles, dry skin, and brightens your face. It can also be applied with milk or curd for extra glow or for removing tan. Also rub your nails with its peel for shine.
5. Mosquito Repellent:
Orange Peel is effective against mosquitoes. Apply this before leaving outside to prevent mosquito bites (6).
Mix grinded Orange Peel with water and leave it overnight. Apply this onto the hair to get rid of dandruff (7). This also helps to condition and cleanse.
[ Read: Benefits of Grapefruit ]
Orange Peel is very helpful in reducing chances of constipation (8). It also helps in reducing gas, heartburn and vomiting. It will also help in proper liver functioning
Orange peel helps remove phlegm and hence cures asthma (9).
There are also orange tea flavours available in market, which has many medicinal purposes.
10. Blood Pressure:
Orange peel also helps in healthy blood circulation which inturn regulates your blood pressure (10) and thus keeps your heart healthy. This method has been widely followed in China for thousands of years.
Orange peel is also used as aroma therapy (11). It can treat headache, anxiety, and depression.
12. Bad Breath:
Suffering from bad breath? Chew an orange peel rather than a gum or a mouth freshener to cure bad breath (12).
[ Read: Benefits of Grapefruit Oil ]
13. Weight Loss:
Orange peels are high in fiber content which helps weight loss. Try including in your diet with tea or zest (13).
14. Cure Hangover:
Mix orange peel and salt in boiling water for 20 mins. Drink it once it cools to reduce hangover(14).
USDA Orange Peel Nutrition Chart:
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||0.20 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||10.60 g||28%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.490 mg||10%|
|Vitamin C||136 mg||226%|
|Vitamin A||420 IU||14%|
|Vitamin E||0.25 mg||2%|
Some Important Tips:
1. Always wash, clean and dry the orange peels.
2. Orange peels can also be used when dried.
3. Never store unpeeled oranges for long. Use them immediately after peeling.
4. Never store Orange Peel in refrigerators.
5. Always store orange peels in cool and dry places and keep them away from dust.
6. Choose orange with thin skin.
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Banana Peels
- How To Make Your Own Vegetable Peel Facial At Home
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Pomegranate Peel
- Top 5 Benefits Of Apple Peel
Latest posts by Jayshree Bhagat (see all)
- Top 15 Most Beautiful Cherry Blossom Flowers - May 13, 2014
- 23 Effective Exercises For Toned Buttocks - April 25, 2014
- Best Aerobics Shoes For Women – Our Top 10 - April 11, 2014
- 14 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Soy Protein - March 26, 2014
- Top 10 Clinics/Centers That Provide Laser Treatment For Acne Scars - March 24, 2014