The struggle is real. Skin care has evolved into a multi-dimensional problem, much like our polluted environment – a constant juggling act between fixing a current issue, cleaning up after previous damage and preventing future mishaps. Amidst this chaos, skin care trends have you questioning the intent of cosmetic brands – how can you tell a real skin care solution from a gimmick?
This was my dilemma when the peel off masks trend came around. The satisfaction of lifting off a layer of dead skin and dirt and the immediate reward of fresh, tingling skin truly sounds appeeling, but I was skeptical. Here’s what I didn’t expect –
1. Banishes Dead Skin And Dirt Like A Boss
Clean skin is healthy skin. Peel off masks adhere to the top layer of dead skin and the dirt in clogged pores. As you peel the mask off after it dries, it lifts off all the micro particles of dust and dirt, giving you radiant skin immediately!
2. Fixes All Skin Issues With Antioxidants.
If you don’t know a thing about antioxidants, just know this – antioxidants are life! They are your best chance against free radicals that are the major cause of acne, pigmentation, dark spots and uneven complexion.
The usual lot of peel off masks, regardless of the brand, tend to be vitamin, plant-based or fruit extract-based that give your skin a boost of antioxidants. They come in, do a cleansweep of the skin damage already present in your skin and help shield from future damage too.
Here’s my favorite part.
3. Takes The Years Off Your Face
With visible reduction of pore size and evidently firmer skin, a post peel off will leave you looking years younger as your skin appears brighter and more taut. On regular usage, you will also notice reduced appearance of fine line and wrinkles, especially if your peel off masks have vitamin C, vitamin E or extracts with anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Gets Rid Of That Ugly Shine
Peel off masks absorb excess oil from your skin while they unclog and purify your pores, giving you a natural matte and clarified complexion. Don’t be mistaken, this is nothing like your aggressive oil control creams and face washes that leave your skin feeling like cardboard. Peel off masks absorb excess oil without dehydrating your skin.
5. Gently Uproots Fine Facial Hair
This one’s a bonus. Peel off masks also stick to the fine facial hair on your skin and gently uproot them when you take the mask off. Without the peach fuzz adding a shade of dullness to your complexion, your skin will immediately look more polished and radiant.
6. Easy Hydration And Nourishment
You may not know this, but your moisturizer may not be absorbed into your skin completely if you apply it hurriedly or unevenly. Also, when you skip moisturizing or live in a humid or dehydrating environment, your skin is stripped of moisture and may age faster.
Peel off masks can make up for all that loss of hydration and nutrition in just a few uses. Making peel off masks a weekly regimen will help your skin heal even if you neglected it for the longest time.
7. Calms Your Skin – Anti Inflammatory Properties
Peel off masks have a cool and soothing effect on your skin, which makes it your go-to option for a quick pampering or de-stressing session. The anti-inflammatory properties in gel masks help remove dirt, dead skin, whiteheads and blackheads easily while reducing skin inflammation from micro-acid particles in the air or even angry breakouts or rashes.
Try A Peel Off Mask Today – But Don’t Get It Wrong!
Here are some of the dos and don’ts of peel off masks so you have no trouble trying them out.
- Clean your face and get rid of the oil and dirt on it before you apply the mask.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water to prep your skin for the peel off.
- Apply a thick layer evenly across your face, especially at the corners.
- Be gentle.
- Don’t apply the mask on your eyebrows!
- Avoid the eye and mouth area.
- Do not rub your skin trying to get the pack off if it doesn’t come out in one layer.
Peel off masks were wonderfully refreshing, both for my skin and my cynicism of the beauty industry. I absolutely loved the way my skin felt after using my first few peel off masks, and I was quick to add it to my skin care routine during the weekends.
If you like quick, hassle-free beauty solutions that actually work, you should definitely try this out. If you’ve never tried a peel off mask before, and this post makes you want to, please let us know in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!
- Top 8 Blueberry Face Masks For Radiant Skin
- How To Prepare Chamomile Face Mask At Home
- 6 Most Effective Pumpkin Face Packs And Masks
- Apple Face Packs For Different Skin Types
Latest posts by Komal Kaviliga (see all)
- 10 Ways Winter Is Ruining Your Skin - December 16, 2016
- #beautyhacks: 7 Beauty Experts Share Their Secret Weapon For Surviving Winter - December 14, 2016
- Beauty Redefined – Look Your Dazzling Best This Season With EyeCatchers - December 12, 2016
- Louis Vuitton Bags That Will Make You The Center of Attraction - November 30, 2016
- Harry Potter Makeup Products That Will Make You Say “Merlin’s Beard!” - November 30, 2016