If you believe that meditation can make you happy and bring change in your life, then trust your inner voice and go for it! With so much chaos is happening in everyday life, it has become challenging to stay calm and contented. Meditation helps declutter the mind, improve the concentration level and keeps us focused. The founder of the Art of Living Foundation, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar explains meditation as “the fine art of doing nothing, letting go everything and being your own self”.
But meditation is not a ‘one size fit all’ thing! There are a number of meditation techniques one can choose from. The technique we’ll discuss today is the Sahaj Samadhi Meditation.
[ Read: Benefits Of Raja Yoga Meditation ]
What Is Sahaj Samadhi Meditation?
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation is an effortless form of meditation that focuses on the breath and mantra during the meditation process. Sahaj means “effortless” in Sanskrit and Samadhi is a silent state of awareness. This awareness lies at the thought source, which is a state beyond waking, dreaming and sleeping. Samadhi is an unlimited reservoir of energy, creativity and intelligence. It is a state of unlimited peace and tranquility.
This is a mantra-based meditation, where a sacred mantra or word has to be silently repeated. This mantra is supposed to be a secret and should not be disclosed to anybody else.
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation Procedure:
Meditation means complete relaxation of the mind and body. During the practice of the Sahaj Samadhi, the mind effortlessly experiences the state of Samadhi. As per Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, “Samadhi gives us energy and a long lasting bliss”. There are 4 Art of Living principles that need to be followed for a pleasant meditation. These principles are:
- The present moment is inevitable
- Expectations reduce joy
- Accept everyone and every situation as they are
- What you resist, persists
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation is a mental practice with a simple and easy to learn procedure. A daily practice of 20 is all you need to transform your life! This improves clarity of mind and thoughts.
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation has to be learned and practiced under the able guidance of a qualified instructor. It has to be done in a systematic manner to get desired benefits.
[ Read: Benefits Of OM Meditation ]
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation Technique:
The meaning of Sahaj Samadhi is effortless transcendence. During meditation, the participating individuals learn to let go of all the stress and tensions. As the mind rests and settles down, it focuses on the present moment. This enables one to experience true joy and happiness. This meditation does not stress upon concentration, but mental repetition of the mantra.
While practicing Sahaj Samadhi Meditation, Beej Mantras of various Goddesses are used. These Beej mantras are:
- Aum for Goddess Saraswati
- Shreem for Goddess Laxmi
- Kreem for Goddess Kali
- Hreem for Goddess Parvati / Maheshwari
- Shyama for God Krishna or even for Ram
These Beej mantras are to be practiced for 20 minutes each day, preferable in the morning and in the evening. The surroundings need to be silent. Although no concentration is required, but whenever the mind drifts away from the mantra, it needs to be gently brought back. The mantras need to be chosen as per the individual’s occupation, age and orientation.
Benefits Of Sahaj Samadhi Meditation:
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation has the ability to create a feeling of ease, calmness, alertness and has the capability to transform your life! Some of the benefits of Sahaj Samadhi Meditation are:
- Increases focus and concentration
- Enhances creative qualities
- Makes you feel more energized
- Experiencing inner peace and tranquility
- Helps to control your thoughts
- Increases emotional stability
- Imparts clarity of thoughts and increase in the level of self-awareness
- Purifies your character and develops will power and intuitive ability
- Increases the feelings of rejuvenation and vitality
[ Read: Benefits Of Kundalini Meditation ]
No matter the technique, meditation gives your life a focus. A few minutes a day—I am sure you can spare that for a better life!
Do you practice Sahaj Samadhi Meditation? Please share your experience of how you are benefited by this meditation, in the comments section below.
- 10 Simple Steps To Practice Walking Meditation
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Eckhart Tolle Meditation
- 9 Amazing Benefits Of Energy Enhancement Meditation
- Money Meditation Techniques – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits?
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Flute Music For Meditation
Latest posts by Rashmi Vilas (see all)
- 25 Best Foods To Increase Your Stamina - January 23, 2015
- What Is Cosmic Energy Meditation And What Are Its Benefits? - January 19, 2015
- 10 Effective Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth - September 26, 2014
- 4 Simple Ways To Make Olive Oil Skin Moisturiser - September 25, 2014
- 15 Causes, 5 Symptoms And 4 Treatments For Post Nasal Drip - September 20, 2014