Nature has provided mankind with so many herbs and plants that take care of many ailments and health complaints. One such plant that you should be looking at more closely is the snakeweed. This medicinal plant grows in abundance in wastelands and grasslands. So you shouldn’t have a problem spotting it and making use of its immense power.
Snakeweed has long been used for its curative properties. If you want to use snakeweed to treat any of you skin, hair or health issues, you should first understand how this herb works! Here are some of the many benefits of using snakeweed:
Benefits Of Snakeweed For Skin:
A beautiful, blemish-free skin—that’s what snakeweed has to offer:
1. All Natural Astringent:
The tannin in the herb works as an astringent. It helps to smoothen out the skin. It has anti-microbial properties, so you can use it to treat skin infections. This means that if you have acne and pimples and have been dying to get blemish-free and flawless skin, then snakeweed is the thing for you.
2. Skin Doctor:
Snakeweed can treat myriad skin conditions in no time! Eczema, dry skin and rashes can be treated effectively with snakeweed. You can also apply snakeweed on wounds and cuts to stem the flow of blood.
Hair Benefits Of Snakeweed:
There is no information about the benefits of snakeweed for the hair. But, it has antimicrobial properties, which is exactly what you need if you are battling itchy scalp and dandruff.
3. All In One Hair Product:
Using the juice of snakeweed on your hair will remove the pathogens causing itchiness and help your scalp become healthy. A healthy scalp means reduced hair loss, and shining and voluminous hair.
[ Read: Benefits Of Lead Tree For Your Health ]
Health Benefits Of Snakeweed:
Snakeweed is filled with natural health benefits that can help treat several ailments and sicknesses.
4. Relief From Arthritis:
If you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, prepare a bath with snakeweed tea. Soak in the water before you retire to bed and you will find your joint inflammation and soreness disappearing like magic. A snakeweed bath can relax you and also ensure you get better sleep at night.
5. Potent Astringent:
Did you know that snakeweed has styptic and astringent properties as well? You can use it to stem bleeding, treat minor wounds, cuts and scrapes. Just crush the leaves and apply them on the affected part.
[ Read: Benefits Of Clavo Huasca For Health ]
6. Improve Your Oral Health:
A mouth infection can make you feel defeated. Often infections of the mouth are accompanied by foul odor. Make a fresh decoction of this wonder herb and gargle with it to alleviate mouth infections.
7. Antidote For Snakebites:
Did you know that snake weed can also treat snake bites? Well, the name should have been the clue to this. There are claims that the root of the snake weed herb works as an antidote against snake bite. Let’s not try and test this, shall we?
8. A Great Antacid:
Snakeweed also is great for your digestive system. If you suffer from diarrhea, dysentery, or stomach ache, the juice of the plant can be used to alleviate these health problems.
9. Alleviates Symptoms Of Respiratory Ailments:
This herb is also touted as a cure for asthma and other respiratory disorders.
10. Treats Eye Diseases:
The milky sap of the plant is said to be useful in treating eye diseases.
A Word Of Caution:
Like all herbs, snakeweed too comes with some side effects. Some of which are listed here:
- If you are pregnant, do not use snakeweed. It can stimulate the uterus, causing you to have a miscarriage.
- Also, be sure to go easy on snakeweed when using it to treat health problems, as large amounts of the herb, when taken internally, can result in liver toxicity.
It would be best to speak to your doctor before you decide to start swigging snakeweed tea. Remember, prevention is always better than cure!
Do you use herbs to say healthy? Do you think these herbs work? Please share your views with us in the comments section below.
- Top 10 Herbs With Healing Properties
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Hyacinth Herb For Skin, Hair And Health
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rue Herb For Skin, Hair And Health
- 6 Surprising Benefits Of Angelica Herb For Skin, Hair And Health
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015