If you thought that trampoline was just for kids, you were absolutely wrong! Trampoline is not just another prop for children during birthday parties, but works as an effective equipment that can help you lose weight and shape your body within a short period of time.
If you are bored with the current weight loss exercises you have been doing, using the trampoline will surely add a lot of fun to your workout regimen. And when you enjoy something, you tend to see better results. Like any other cardio and aerobic workout, trampoline exercises can help you strengthen your organs and elevate your heart rate like never before. As you stay in constant motion while jumping on a trampoline, you will improve the blood circulation in your body, increase endurance and get rid of those stubborn layers of fat which has been growing on your for years. Constant jumping is also great for your legs and thighs. Add arm motions and you will not only add a little more fun to your workout, but also make it more exciting. If you would like to make your exercise challenging, use ankle weights! I can guarantee, you will be seeing effective results sooner than you imagined.
Why Should You Exercise On A Trampoline?
There are so many ways to exercise, but what’s so special about trampoline workouts? Let’s find out!
Exercising on a trampoline can help you lose weight like never before. Since most of the time trampoline exercises require you to bounce, you are definitely going to burn off that fat in no time. It will stimulate your metabolism and help you digest meals faster. Spending only 5 to 10 minutes on the trampoline is almost equal to running a mile? Doesn’t that sound great? If you don’t have enough space to go for a run or jog or even brisk walks, consider trampolines the ultimate equipment for weight loss. You can tone several areas of your body, such as the legs, thighs and stomach if you are diligent enough.
Basic Trampoline Exercises:
Here’s all you need to know about working out using a trampoline:
1. Bounce And Stretch:
Before you begin your workout, it’s always better to stretch. Doctors and experts have always advised people to stretch before working out since it protects you from any kind of injury during the exercises. All you have to do for this is stretch both the arms out at the same time while bouncing. You can modify the stretches if you like too. Try doing some overhead and others right in front of you. Keep your feet straight and repeat as many times as it’s possible for you without resting.
2. Basic Stretching Exercises:
You could also try a couple of interesting stretching exercises with the help of a trampoline. For this, you will not be using the trampoline exactly, but definitely as a prop to support you throughout. All you have to do is lie down flat on the ground with your legs reaching up to the trampoline. After this you can lift up your legs high and then bring them back down gently on the trampoline. The stretches are pretty simple and can be modified as well. Also remember to stretch a couple of times.
3. The Basic Jog:
The simplest exercise on the trampoline is to jog on it. You will have to begin this by lifting each foot off the ground alternatively and jog slowly. Bring up each of the opposite arm while you are jogging. This will make the workout much more effective. Not only will your heart rate be elevated, but will also give you a great aerobic workout. To start off, you can jog for 3 minutes and take a one minute rest. Do another 3 minutes of jogging after which you can move on to the next exercise.
4. The Basic Bounce:
The Basic Bounce is simple just like its name and is perfect for all the beginners. In order to do this the right way, all you have to do is get onto the trampoline and start bouncing! Really, it’s that simple! This is not only help you burn off calories, but also lose the extra weight. Every time you bounce, try and reach the same height. Doing reps while bouncing is a great way to exercise your body. For example, you bounce 30 times on the trampoline, take a 10 second rest and go back for another 30. This way you will not only enjoy your workout, but also give yourself time to recover.
5. Bounce And Kicks:
Once you are done with the basic bounce move, it’s time to take things to another level! Yes, I am talking about combining bouncing with kicking. All you have to do is pick your right leg up and kick while you bounce. Alternate those legs every time you shoot up in the air. Bring it down once you land. This exercise is not that simple because it can really elevate your heart rate and exhaust you completely. This is why it’s better to do it with intervals. Repeat this exercise as many times as you can and repeat the reps as well. This will not only help you develop strength and flexibility, but also burn a whole lot of calories.
6. Jump Off:
The next exercise is called jump off! This one is super fun to do! All you have to do is get on to the trampoline and jump up and down as many times as you please. This will have a great effect on your body and can really help you lose all the unwanted weight quickly than you have imagined. You could do 20 bounces, 10 toe touches, and then repeat the entire thing. Even though these moves might not come very naturally to you, with a little time, practice and patience, you are definitely going to get better and better.
7. Various Twists:
Who said you can’t tone your muscles and work your abs by using the trampoline? It is possible to do so by adding some twists to your bounces. All you have to do for this purpose is twist with your knee touches. We usually move our hands in order to touch the knees, but you can do something different by twisting of your torso and bringing the opposite elbow towards the knee as you continue bouncing. You could also try jumping high into the air and twisting your entire body. In order to make the best out of this exercise, I suggest you get the core moving.
8. Circle Your Arms:
If you have ever watched little babies and children bounce on the trampoline, then you must have seen them jump with their arms creating a circle like shape. This is a flapping motion, which helps them bounce a little higher. This will definitely help you burn a whole lot of calories within a short span of time. All you have to do is increase the reps. Play around and enjoy this as much as you can. The more you enjoy it, the better it is for you and your body.
9. Touch Those Toes:
One of the best ways to exercise on the trampoline is to touch your toes. Jump high into the air while you are on it. Make sure the jump is high. As you do that, push the legs out and extend them straight in front of you. While you do that, touch your toes with the fingertips at the same time. You can alternate and switch sides in the next bounce. Keep your feet straight when you land onto the ground. Do this as many times as possible and try not to rest in the middle.
10. The Jumping Jack Bounce:
Those who enjoy a bit of a challenge, the jumping jack bounce is what will work for you. All you have to do is get on that trampoline and perform normal jumping jacks. When you do this, you will realize how hard it is compared to normal jumping jacks. However, remember that you need to stay in the middle of the trampoline throughout. As you bounce up, spread your arms in the air and come back to the first position. Do this as many times as you can. One of the best ways to do the jumping jack bounce is to jump 30 times, take a break and then repeat. Do a total of 4-5 rounds and you are done!
Benefits Of Trampoline Exercises:
Trampoline workouts are full of benefits. If you are looking for reasons as to why you should try this equipment, let me list a couple of trampoline exercise benefits.
- Trampoline exercises are better than other physical workouts like jogging and aerobics. They have the ability to burn off the unwanted fat in a very short span of time.
- It strengthens your bones, muscles and cells. Your fitness level is improved and you feel energized at the end of the workout.
- It doesn’t require you to go to a gym and isn’t as expensive as you might expect it to be.
- It allows you to work out along with your kids. Just tell them you would like to have some fun and play around a bit and then get on to the trampoline and bounce away.
- It boosts your metabolism, increases blood circulation and allows you to enjoy a life that is healthy and fit.
- If you are someone who is suffering with diabetes or high blood pressure, consider exercising on the trampoline as your ultimate remedy. If you use this every day, you are definitely going to see some positive changes soon.
- People who would like to increase their lung capacity or balance their body in a better way should definitely try out trampoline workouts.
- Trampoline workouts can help in reducing stress levels. This is why most doctors and experts have suggested people working in offices or following hectic schedules to try the trampoline workouts. This will help them become relaxed and reduce signs of stress and depression in the long run.
- Another benefit of trampoline workouts is detoxification. The lymphatic system shall be stimulated in the process. Health will be maintained in the process and chances of ageing will slow down.
- Trampoline workouts are also great for strengthening the joints and ligaments. People who suffer with arthritis should definitely try this equipment. It can also help in preventing osteoporosis and fractured bones.
[ Read: Benefits Of Crab Walking Exercises ]
Trampoline workouts are full of health benefits. Several doctors have also mentioned that using the trampoline while working out can improve your health significantly over the time. Five minutes of trampoline every day can strengthen your muscles and increase your aerobic capacity. This equipment can definitely be an answer to all those who have struggled with their weight.
What a fun way to stay fit! So, let your inner child break free and enjoy some time on the trampoline.
Is this article helpful? Share your feedback with us in the comments section below.
- 10 Effective TRX Exercises To Strengthen Your Body
- 5 Amazing Post Workout Exercises To Cool Down Your Body
- 5 Effective Stretching Exercises For Computer Users
- 21-Days Cardio Sculpt Workout To Shape Your Body
- 15 Minute Full Body Workout To Tone Your Body
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 3 Best Exercises For Hiatal Hernia - August 6, 2015
- Baba Ramdev Yoga Poses For High Blood Pressure - August 5, 2015