Want to jump start your fat to fit the journey? Tuck jump is the one killer move that will help you shed those stubborn pounds like crazy!
Tuck Jumps, also known as Knee Tuck Jumps and Knee-to-Chest Jumps, are one of the intermediary-advanced plyometric exercises. It is a dynamic power move that uses fast and powerful movements to improve agility and power. This exercise is used by athletes and gymnasts as a drill training to improve their on-field performance.
The best thing about tuck jumps is that they are calorie-killers. You need to practice them to master them properly. But, just because you are unable to jump your knees to your chest does not mean that you are not burning calories. As long as you are giving it your all, you are really killing that fat.
[ Read: Benefits Of Frog Jumps Exercises ]
How To Do Tuck Jumps?
As mentioned before, it will take some time for you to master this move. But if you stay steadfast, I am sure you’ll soon be teaching others!
- Start with your feet about shoulder-width apart and hands by your side.
- Keep your spine erect and abs tight.
- Roll your shoulders back and suck the belly button in.
- Get down into a quarter squat.
- Push your hips back and lean forward, but keep your back flat.
- Put all your force and jump up by pushing the ground down.
- As you jump into the air as high as you can, try to bring your knees to your chest and grab them with your hands.
- When you come down, land softly so as it does not become stressful for your knee joints.
- Land on your mid foot, and then rolls back on your heels without a jerk.
- Do not lock your knees when you come down.
- Try to push your hips down and back as you land to consume the impact. Also, be ready to jump again.
[ Read: Plyometric Exercises And Their Benefits ]
Tips To Follow While Doing Tuck Jumps:
Follow the below mentioned tips to do the tuck jump exercises properly:
- Use your hands to increase the momentum when you jump.
- Don’t do tuck jumps on a rough concrete surface as it can injure you. Do this move on a smooth, flat surface. Ensure you have proper space to jump high.
- Don’t do tuck jumps more than twice a week as they can affect your knee joints badly.
- Never do tuck jumps without properly warming up your body. Follow the exercise with good stretches.
- Keep the jumps progressive. Push with all your force every time, but don’t push too hard. It’s all right if you can’t jump very high. This is an advanced move, so it will come with practice. So, if the first time, you can only raise your knees onto your hips, try to lift them higher the next time. Try to tap your knees the next time. Keep it progressive.
- Squat jumps are a great way to prepare for tuck jumps. This move also helps in improving your jumps and helps you jump higher. Get down in a squat and jump up as high as you can.
- If you want to intensify your jumps even more, you can do box jumps. Place a box in front of you. When you squat down to jump up, push your body upward as well as forward and jump onto the box. This gives your body a target to jump to.
Benefits Of Tuck Jumps:
Tuck jumps offer various benefits to the body by improving agility and power. These benefits are:
- Tuck jumps work on your total integrated body. They make for a great High-intensity interval training(HIIT) move as they burn extra calories in less time.
- Since you are jumping high, this move also becomes a body weight exercise to strengthen and tone your lower body.
- It is an amazing booty lifter move. It is really effective for losing the stubborn belly fat and shaping those hips.
- It also has cardiovascular benefits.
Tuck jump is a fun and effective move, which will most probably remind you of your carefree childhood days when anything jumpy was super fun for you. So jump high and bid goodbye to unwanted fat.
Do tuck jumps find a place in your workout regimen? What benefits have you noticed? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 6 Easy Steps To Do Plié Squat Jumps
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Frog Jumps Exercises
- 4 Effective Volleyball Jump Training Exercises To Burn Calories
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Monkey Jump Exercise
Latest posts by Sakshi Gupta (see all)
- 10 Effective Exercises To Reduce Side Fat - January 31, 2015
- Is Metformin Effective For Weight Loss? - December 29, 2014
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Using An Exercise Cycle - December 29, 2014
- 50 Best Weight Loss Exercises You Can Try - October 28, 2014
- 9 Unexpected Side Effects Of Figs - October 22, 2014