This nutritious fruit belongs to the citrus family and is a trade-off between grapefruit, orange and tangerine. Ugli is a bushy tree which grows up to 15-20 feet in height and is available in between November and April and is a very good source of vitamins and minerals. Because of the nutrients base, it is a good choice for the daily consumption of fruits.
Ugli Fruit Health Benefits:
The main health benefits associated to ugli sounds better than its name. It contains nutrients like fiber, vitamins and calcium which are very essential for the body. This amazing fruit is a refreshing choice which can be consumed on a daily basis. Some of the health benefits of this wonderful fruit are mentioned below:
- Ugli has a zero fat content which makes it a perfect fruit to be eaten in any proportions. As it doesn’t have any cholesterol, it eliminates the risk of heart diseases automatically. No fat and cholesterol fruit like ugli can be cherished all throughout the season.
- Ugli also has calcium storage of about two percent of the total calcium intake required daily. This helps the bones and teeth in the body to a great extent.
- Proteins are also effectively provided by this fruit which are the building blocks for muscle formation and repair. Proteins are necessary for a growing as well as an adult body with their ability to regenerate cells and provide energy.
- This fabulous fruit reduces the risk for other diseases such as cancer, stroke, hypertension and even muscle related problems. This fruit is also recommended for skin and heart related diseases.
- One serving of this amazing fruit contains 2 grams of dietary fiber. Food rich in dietary fiber reduces the risk of constipation.
- Ugli fruit also protects against kidney stone formation.
- Being rich in Vitamin B, this fruit also promotes good oral health.
- As this fruit is low in calories, it helps to prevent obesity as well. This exotic fruit acts as an antioxidant and help the body to destroy free radicals.
[ Read: Iron Rich Foods ]
You can make good use of this fruit in the form of juice, salads and breakfasts. It can also be given to the kids. Its taste resembles that of an orange or a tangerine which has several benefits of Vitamin A and C. It helps in curbing inflammation by providing anti-oxidants to the body.
[ Read: Tangerine Fruit Benefits ]
Ugli Fruit Nutrition Chart USDA:
These are the ugli fruits facts. Ugli contains about forty five calories in a particular serving of the fruit. The similar serving also provides a gram of protein. A serving of ugli fruit has about 2 grams of fiber which is good for digestion. The vitamin intake is so beneficial for the body that it helps prevent wounds from not healing properly. The nutrients such as calcium, vitamins and proteins can be effectively obtained from ugli by dodging the excess fat and cholesterol content that may create problems in later stages.
[ Read: Citrus Fruit Health Benefits ]
Ugli is apt for daily consumption and must be consumed to reap the associated health benefits. This magical fruit gives you zero percent cholesterol and fat and the necessary nutrients.
Hope you loved the article. Please share your feedback.
Latest posts by Anamika M (see all)
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Feverfew For Skin, Hair And Health - April 4, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rooibos For Skin, Hair And Health - April 2, 2014
- Best Tinted Lip Balms Available In India – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Best Weight Loss Centers/Clinics In Bangalore – Our Top 10 Picks - March 22, 2014
- Christian Bale Weight Loss Routine Revealed - March 7, 2014