You would have been consuming cow milk most of the time. But did you ever know how much beneficial camel milk is? And are you aware that camel milk treats many other ailments that cow milk cannot? To know more, continue your read!
Camel Milk Vs Cow Milk:
There are many benefits of camel milk over other types of milk like that of a cow or buffalo. Studies conclude that camel milk is healthier than cow milk. It mirrors human mother’s milk which makes it easy to digest and consume, not to mention making it highly nutritious and better than cow’s milk (1).
What Are The Differences?
There are many fundamental differences between the nutritional makeup of camel milk and cow milk. Let’s look at some of the significant ones here:
- Camel milk contains a higher concentration of minerals like iron, zinc, potassium, copper, sodium and magnesium.
- It contains higher vitamin A and B2 levels. It also contains more protein than cow milk.
- It contains thrice the amount of Vitamin C than cow milk.
- Camel milk contains more unsaturated fatty acids and essential B-vitamins than cow milk.
- It also contains lower cholesterol than cow milk.
- Camel milk contains a different composition of whey proteins and caseins when compared to cow milk, which is a big reason why it has more healing properties than cow milk.
- It contains a lower amount of lactose which makes it easier for lactose-intolerant people to digest and consume.
- Camel Milk has more effective antibacterial and antiviral characteristics than cow milk.
- Camel Milk does not solidify easily and is easier to digest than cow milk.
Health Benefits Of Camel Milk:
Now that we know how camel milk has more nutrients and more effective properties than regular cow milk, let’s look at some of the health benefits that camel milk offers:
1. Good For Allergic Children:
Camel Milk is an ideal home remedy for children who suffer from mild to severe allergies from many types of foods. Scientific studies on a small group of eight children who were severely allergic to milk and other kinds of food showed that they were successfully able to overcome their allergies by following a diet consisting of camel milk. All eight children overcame the allergies with no side effects (2). This is owing to the presence of disease-fighting immunoglobulins, which help reduce allergies and their symptoms.
2. Fights Autoimmune Disorders:
Camel Milk is rich in immunoglobins or antibodies which target foreign bodies and disease-inducing substances, or antigens, effectively purging them from the immune system. Camel milk has many immune-system components that help fight autoimmune disorders like Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other conditions. Traditional autoimmune disorder medicines usually suppress the immune system, while camel milk boosts it. Dr. Reuven Yagil, physiology professor at University of Israel, mentions that camel milk can control and even heal autoimmune disorders.
Camel milk has been found to help curb autistic symptoms and even help eliminate autism in some case studies. Controlled studies on autistic individuals conclude that autistic symptoms gradually got better and autistic people turned more docile, less hysteric and less self-destructive. Many studies, though, have been inconclusive and these controlled studies can’t prove how camel milk helps curb this condition. It is believed that the antioxidant properties of camel milk usually help reduce autistic symptoms (3).
4. Antioxidant Rich:
Camel Milk is rich in antioxidants, which makes it a great remedy for eliminating free-radicals, helping cure afflictions like pigmentation and cancerous cells. This property ensures that camel milk combats oxidative stress. The antioxidant property of camel milk also makes it quite effective in controlling and reducing the symptoms of cancer (4).
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Goat Milk ]
Camel Milk contains a compound called alpha-hydroxyl acid which helps smoothen fine lines and prevents wrinkles, thus delaying the onset of aging. Alexander Jumbo’s book, Push Back Aging, highlights camel milk as an anti-aging substance (5).
Camel milk is an effective anti-inflammatory agent which makes it quite useful in treating inflammatory conditions like cough and bronchitis. It also relieves arthritic and rheumatic pains (6).
Camel Milk is an effective anti-diabetic agent. It contains many agents which contribute to its efficacy in controlling and preventing diabetes. It has an insulin-like protein, which helps reduce the effect of diabetes. The insulin present in Camel Milk makes blood absorption easier (7).
8. Cures Tuberculosis:
There have been many studies on the efficacy of camel milk when it comes to curing tuberculosis. Camel Milk is a strong antibacterial and antiviral agent that helps purge the body of mycobacterium tubercoli.
9. Good For Weight Loss:
Camel milk is effective in controlling diabetes. Not only because of the different insulin-like proteins present, but also because it is low in fat. The low-fat value means that you will not put on unwanted weight or struggle with high levels of cholesterol. Camel milk is rich in most nutrients and minerals and insulin. The insulin regulates blood sugar and keeps it balanced. Autistic people, or people who don’t want to have too much fat in their food, can opt for camel milk as the perfect solution for their problems.
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Milk ]
10. No Extra Chemicals:
We know that Camel milk contains more than 4-times the amount of Vitamin C than other types of milk. Camel milk is high in iron, folate and other essential nutrients. This means that camel milk does not need any added preservatives. It also has a decent shelf life, and it can stay good for up to 3 weeks.
With so many camel milk benefits discovered and so many yet to be discovered, there remains no doubt as to how effective and healthy camel milk is. If you or any of your loved ones suffer from severe allergies or are simply looking for a healthier alternative to cow’s milk, you might want to give camel milk a try.
To tell us about your experiences with camel milk, leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you.
- 10 Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
- 7 Amazing Health Benefits Of Sheep Milk
- How To Make Cinnamon Milk And What Are Its Benefits?
- 16 Amazing Benefits Of Turmeric Milk For Beauty And Health
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- Top 9 Foam Rollers For Runners - June 8, 2015
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Elemi Essential Oil - May 6, 2015