Fenugreek is a perennial plant, which belong to the Fabaceae family. Its leaves consist of three small obovate to oblong leaflets. It is cultivated worldwide as a semi-arid crop. Its seeds are a common ingredient found in kitchens. The healthy fenugreek seeds offer flavor to the food. They are mostly used for weight loss. The use of it also makes the hair beautiful.
How To Make Fenugreek Tea?
One of the best ways to consume fenugreek is to brew some tea! Fenugreek tea is easy to make, cheap, and full of health benefits.
Here’s a simple fenugreek tea recipe:
- Crush the fenugreek seeds lightly.
- Boil water – use a kettle or stove or a saucepan.
- Add the crushed fenugreek seeds to it. You can also add other herbs as supplements.
- Cover with a lid and let it steep for at least 3 minutes.
- Strain with a regular tea strainer.
- Use sugar, honey or stevia to sweeten.
- This can be consumed hot or cold.
[ Read: Surprising Benefits Of White Tea ]
Fenugreek Tea Benefits – Top 20:
Now that you know how to brew a cup of fenugreek tea, it is time to discover fenugreek tea benefits:
- Fenugreek tea is useful for girls entering puberty. It helps in the healthy development of breasts. This is because it stimulates water retention and growth hormones.
- Fenugreek tea treats menstrual cramps and hot flushes. If you suffer from pre-menstrual syndrome or PMS, then using this tea can help manage your symptoms better.
- The fenugreek seed tea effectively treats type 2 diabetes.
- Regular consumption of fenugreek tea reduces cholesterol levels. It also reduces blood sugar levels in the body.
- Fenugreek tea can also be used as a laxative. It is one of the best natural laxatives. It also helps get rid of fat from the body.
- Fenugreek tea suppresses appetite, so it aids weight loss.
- Fenugreek tea is useful in cleansing the kidneys and intestines. It can be a part of your everyday diet and work as a detox agent.
- Fenugreek tea helps minimize the risk of heart attacks.
- Consumption of fenugreek tea effectively treats beri-beri.
- Fenugreek tea is known to induce and yet ease labor in pregnant women.
- Fenugreek tea is also known to increase libido in both men and women.
- Fenugreek is rich in vitamins and minerals and also compounds similar to estrogen. Regular consumption of fenugreek tea increases milk in nursing mothers. This is also nourishing for the baby.
- Fenugreek tea is known to be anti-inflammatory. It is effectively treats joint pains, ankle pains, etc.
- Fenugreek is also a mucus solvent. So if you are suffering from disorders caused by mucus in the nose, sinus, throat or digestive tract, consume fenugreek tea to get the relief.
- Fenugreek tea consumption promotes proper urination.
- Consumption of fenugreek seed tea reduces fever.
- Fenugreek tea also cures dandruff. You can shampoo your hair, use this tea as a rinse, and continue with a conditioner. You can rinse hair with this post conditioning too.
- Fenugreek tea can cure sore throats. Consume the tea warm for better results.
- If you are suffering from mouth ulcers, use fenugreek tea to gargle regularly to get relief.
- Fenugreek tea helps relieve bad breath and body odor. You can mix fenugreek tea with your bath water to eliminate body odor.
[ Read: Benefits Of Fenugreek Sprouts For Health ]
Did you have any idea that the little fenugreek seeds in your kitchen cabinet hold such amazing health benefits? Now that you know all these, make sure to brew a cup of fenugreek tea and start sipping your way to good health!
How do you use fenugreek in your daily diet? Do you drink fenugreek tea? Share your views with us in the comments section below.
- 18 Amazing Benefits Of Fenugreek For Skin, Hair And Health
- 3 Amazing Ways To Use Fenugreek To Reduce The Risk Of High Cholesterol
- 4 Benefits And 5 Side Effects Of Fenugreek During Pregnancy
- 8 Side Effects Of Fenugreek Seeds That You Should Be Aware Of
- 15 Proven Benefits Of White Tea That Will Surprise You
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- Brown Hair Color Guide – Everything You Need To Know - January 31, 2015
- How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid Of Lice? - January 19, 2015
- How Many Litres Of Water Should You Drink Daily To Lose Weight? - January 14, 2015
- Is Jaggery Helpful To Treat Diabetics? - December 23, 2014
- 4 Best Ways Tamarind Helps You To Lose Weight - November 11, 2014