If you are in that minority group that wants to gain weight rather than losing it, one of the best ways is to look for some home remedies. These are simple and effective, and will have no side effects whatsoever. The best part is that you can incorporate most of these tips effectively in your regular lifestyle without making too many changes, and gain weight easily. Home remedies to gain weight is the way to go!
Here are the top 10 home remedies for weight gain that can help you gain weight without too much effort.
1. Clarified Butter and Sugar:
- Mix one tablespoon of clarified butter with equal quantity of sugar.
- Consume this concoction at least half an hour before your meal on an empty stomach.
- One month of consuming this mixture will show dramatic results.
2. Afternoon Siesta:
- Make it a point to nap in the afternoon for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- This will not only help you gain weight, it also will help you sleep soundly at nights.
3. Mango and Milk:
- Consume one mango (ripe) three times a day.
- Make sure you drink a glass of warm milk after eating the mango.
- You will see noticeable results after a month.
4. Figs and Raisins:
- Dried figs and raisins are chockfull of calories, so they help in weight gain.
- Soak six dried figs and about 30 g of raisins in water overnight.
- The following day eat them in two parts.
- Most people see visible results in about 20 to 30 days.
5. Peanut Butter:
Everyone by now knows that peanut butter has high calories. So it is the perfect home remedy to gain weight. Apply peanut butter liberally on your bread or bagel and see how your weight increases in no time!
They are packed with carbohydrates, so there is no doubt that eating them regularly will help increase your body weight. Grill or bake the potatoes with butter, or make French fries using extra virgin oil if you like. If you are eating French fries, limit your potato consumption to twice a week.
Nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and flax seeds, are full of calories and make the perfect snack between meals. Munch on them to enjoy their taste, nutrients and of course weight gain. Nuts contain healthy fats and are a healthy way to increase your weight. However, do not stuff yourself with them, as you will not feel hungry for your next meal.
Stress is one of the main reasons for people losing weight. So if you are dealing with a stressful situation at work or home, take up yoga or master breathing techniques to help you de-stress your body. Once you learn to de-stress and relax, you will find it easy to put on weight.
[Read: Protein Powder For Weight Gain]
9. Banana and Milk:
You may not know it, but bananas are full of calories. They give you an instant energy lift. This would explain why tennis players often munch on a banana between games. Eat one banana every day in the morning and follow it up with a glass of warm milk sweetened with a teaspoon of sugar.
10. Almond Milk:
Almond milk is also a great way to put on some pounds. Boil milk with almonds, dried figs and dates. Strain the milk and consume it warm every single day for about a month. Do not throw away the boiled almonds, figs and dates. Munch on them to get all the nutrition.
You can use a combination of different home remedies to increase your weight. Continue until you reach your desired weight. Try these top 10 home remedies if you are looking for healthy, easy and simple ways to tip your weighing scale.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015