So you think layers look beautiful only on straight and smooth hair! Well, a layered hairstyle looks beautiful on curly hair as well. Being extremely versatile, curly layered hair can be styled up in numerous ways.
In this article, we have sorted out 50 such amazing layered hairstyles for curly hair. Check them out:
1. Pixie with Very Short Layered and Textured Curls:
Curls, when sported on very short hair, do not always give a kinky look. In this pixie, the short layers are curled up and textured neatly, allowing a few waves to rest on the forehead in a relaxed manner.
2. Layered Curls Gathered at One Side With Smooth Pouf:
Create soft romantic curls on your long layered hair starting from the nape of your neck. Turn the top-front hair into a perfect smooth pouf, pin it at the crown and gather rest of the curls on one shoulder.
3. Short Layered Ponytail With Highlighted Textured Top:
This is one of the simplest short layered hairstyles for curly hair, a curly high ponytail made on the shiny black layered hair with dark brown highlights. Pull all your curls at the back by keeping the top a little puffy and create a short pony accordingly. Add texture to the top to avoid flyaways.
4. Shoulder-Length Layered Bob With Intensely Textured Curls:
This is a shoulder-length dual-toned bob featuring a beige blonde upper and light golden blonde lower section. Turn the frequent layers of the bob into intense curls (from the roots to the tips) and texturize them for an amazing look.
5. Medium-Length Layered Bob With Feathers and Fringes:
Nowadays, feathered hair is very much in fashion. Here, the densely layered bob is feathered as well as curled in inward direction at one side and outward direction at the other for a cool, edgy look. Add a couple of thick, stray fringes to balance off the style.
6. Highlighted Random Layers With Thick Long Fringes:
This is a modified version of the typical Chinese layered haircuts for curly hair. Section off the thick wide front fringes from the crown and curl up rest of the long highlighted layers randomly. A very unique style to wear on long tresses!
7. Soft Romantic Layered Curls With Braided Headband:
Add a little volume and shine to your long reddish blonde locks by applying mousse and create delicate luscious curls on them with the help of a large barrel curling iron. Complete the look by accessorizing the loose tresses with a neatly braided headband.
8. Messy Layered Spiral Curls With Middle Part:
Part your light brown layered hair with golden blonde highlights and dark roots in the middle. Turn them into spiral curls, add a slight messy flair to the style and set it by spritzing sea salt spray liberally.
[ Read : Natural Ways To Curl Your Hair ]
9. High Layered Ponytail With Textured Curls:
If you want to get a fresh, youthful look, style your thick tight curls in this manner. Pull all the layers back at your crown tightly and create a top high ponytail there. A nice tying accessory will jazz up the look even more.
10. Side-Parted Blonde Layered Curls With Side Sweep:
Keep your blonde layered locks loose by creating thick messy curls or waves on them. You may start with a regular side part and sweep the larger section of the hair over your forehead to set it to the other side.
11. Long Textured Layered Curls With Middle Part:
Be the head-turner at any event just by wearing this awesome hairstyle. It is simple, easy and super fun. All you need to do is middle-part your light reddish blonde long hair up to the crown and turn them into textured curls starting from the nape of the neck.
12. Tousled Side Ponytail With Layers and Bang:
Add texture to your long layered side-parted hair and give it a glossy look by applying serum. Now, gather all the curly layers at one side and make a low tousled ponytail wrapped by a thin section of hair. The curly side bang and the dark brown highlights have made the look even spicier.
13. Side-Parted Blonde Layers With Inward and Outward Curls:
This is very classy look for women with medium-length light brown hair. Just get your locks layered, part them one side and curl up their ends in inward and outward directions respectively. Gorgeous! This is definitely one of the best medium length layered hairstyles for curly hair to go with.
14. Airy Layered Bob With Wispy Ends and Messy Finish:
Get a casual look by introducing soft curls in your short layered bob hair. Add volume to the roots to create an airy effect, make the ends of the layers wispy and give the whole style a messy finish. You are done!
15. Glossy Side Hairdo With Curly Layers and Side Sweep:
Give your layered hair a sleek polished look by applying lots of serum. Part it to one side, gather the layers to the other shoulder and finally, curl them gently. The first layer should be swept to the side, while the whole hair should be textured slightly.
16. Long Highlighted Layered Curls With Twisted Side Sweep:
Check out this sexy bridal look with long layered hair featuring voluptuous curls and dark brown highlights. The volumized crown, the wide side sweep and the twisted sides are some other specialties of this hairstyle.
17. Tight and Textured Layered Curls With Dark Roots:
Give this super curly looks a try and take your personality to a new level. Create small tight curls on your medium-length golden blonde layered hair with dark roots and texturize them for a tidy appearance.
18. Thick, Fiery Red Layers With Textured Curls:
In this hairstyle, the hot and sizzling shade of red is certainly the biggest attraction. But do not forget to add those curly layers as these would give the strong and fiery look a touch of softness.
19. Long Layered Copper Red Bob With Ultimate Curls:
This Afro look of Rihanna is just ideal for women with kinky coily hair. Get it cut into a layered bob and add oodles of volume to the roots of the ringlets. The bright copper red colour would add a zing to the hairstyle.
20. Layered Bob With Textured Curls and Deep Purple Highlights:
Here is a fusion bob hairstyle that you would simply love to sport. Turn your medium-length layered bob into textured curls for a perfect retro look and give a true modish touch to it by adding deep purple frequent highlights.
21. Pink Layered Bob With Tight Curls and Peach Highlights:
No other colour can bring out your feminine charm so flawlessly like pink. So, get your short layered bob coloured pink and create thick tight curls on it. You may also like to add subtle peach highlights to your pretty pink hair.
22. Retro Textured Curly Layers With Rolled Back Top:
Here is a shoulder-length retro bob with textured curly layers. Take the hair in small sections and curl up their ends neatly. The top part should be rolled back and kept intact by applying serum or wax.
23. Short Highlighted Layered Bob With Textured Curls:
This look is quite similar to the previous one. However, the side part, the dark brown highlights and the super glossy finish have given this layered and textured curly bob a different flair.
24. Luscious Layered Curls With Texture and Highlights:
Part your long layered curly hair to one side and create soft luscious curls on it. You can add a bit volume to the roots just by applying mousse and beautify the curls by highlighting them with dark brown.
25. Textured Bob With Layered Curls and Hair Wraparound:
Curl up your short layered bob in such a manner that the sections fall one another randomly and their ends get a spiral shape. Texturize the whole style nicely and give it a cute look by adding a thick hair wraparound.
26. Layered and Textured Curls With Messy Side Sweep:
Recreate this amazing Taylor Swift look by sporting small tight curls on your layered and textured hair. The upper section of the hair including the side sweep should be left a little airy, messy and untidy.
27. Jet Black Layered Curls With Highly Volumized Top:
Your jet black medium-length hair can be made to look outstanding with this voluminous style. Add enormous volume to the upper section and turn the ends of the hair into outward curls, while the ends of the dense layers in the lower section should be curled inward.
28. Kinky Coily Layered Bob With Deep Blue Highlights:
As you can see, this is an Afro-textured layered bob with fine and dense curls. Style it up just by creating a deep side part and highlighting the uppermost layers with deep blue half the way.
29. Loose Highlighted Layers With Inward Curls:
This is simple layered hairstyle with thick inward curls resting over the shoulders. The off-centre part, the dark brown highlights and the silky smooth texture have made the look quite glamorous.
30. Long Loose Layered Curls With Deep Side Part:
Create intense curls on your long black shiny hair and let them cascade both of your shoulders elegantly. However, starting with a deep side part and adding a long side sweep will make the look more dramatic.
31. Super Curly Ombre Layers Gathered at One Side:
This is a super curly version of the straight ombre hair, which is highly popular these days. Part the thin intense curls to one side and roll rest of the hair back to the other. Finally, tease the curls up and create lots of volume to the entire hair.
32. Voluminous Layered Bob With Side-Parted Tight Curls:
Side-part your long layered bob and curl it up intensely by taking hair in small sections. You must start curling right from the roots and add texture to the entire hair in order to maintain the curls rightly.
33. Side-Parted Layers With Rolled Back Curls to One Side:
Here is another beautiful side hairdo that can give your femininity a boost. Create a side part, roll back the larger section by making a pouf and finally, gather all the layered curls on the other shoulder.
34. Shiny Highlighted Layered Curls With Side Part:
Your long layered hair can be curled up softly in order to create a wonderful flowy look. Here, the hair is actually parted to one side, highlighted with light brown and golden blonde shades and kept loose gracefully over both shoulders.
35. Thick Layers With Spiral Curls and Side-Swept Fringes:
This is another medium-length layered hairstyle with thick and textured inward curls. But the volumized crown area and the graduated side-swept bang sectioned off rest of the hair have given it a unique twist.
36. Middle-Parted Curly Layers With Puffy Crown:
Appear ultimate stylish by opting for this simple yet mysterious look. Part your distinctly highlighted layered curls in the middle and tease up the crown to add volume to it. That’s all!
37. Sleek Middle-Parted Layers With Textured Curls:
Centre-part your long layered hair curl it up intensely starting right from the cheekbones. Give the upper section a sleek glossy look by applying pomade and add texture to the thick curls by sprtizing hairspray to them.
38. Messy Spiral Curls With Twisted and Pinned Side:
This adorable hairstyle can give you a sweet bubbly look easily. Create messy spiral curls on your side-parted blonde hair, twist the front section of one side carefully and secure it at the back with bobby pins.
39. Short Jaw-Length Bob With Side-Parted Layered Curls:
Get your jaw-length bob hair layered and look extremely sophisticated in this highlighted curly hairstyle. Just part the bob to one side and texturize the curls properly. You are ready to rock the party!
40. Smooth Textured Spiral Curls With Layers and Even Fringes:
Section the long uniform rounded fringes off rest of your blonde hair. Now, gather all the locks on one of your shoulders and create spiral curls on them by using a large barrel curling iron.
41. Voluminous Bob With Layered Coils and Braided Headband:
We have already shown you how small tight curls can give your shoulder-length layered bob an exclusive look. Here, the style is perked up with the help of a thick front braided headband. Keep the coils from falling over your forehead and look classy at the same time.
42. Soft Flowy Layered Curls With Divided Fringes:
The light brown highlights have made this soft black layered hair look pretty. But if you want it to look ravishing, just curl up the ends of the layers in the outward direction and add divided fringes to them.
43. Messy Tousled Side Braid With Layered Curls:
In this casual hairstyle, you need to create thin random curls on your layered brown hair and turn them into a tousled side braid with wavy bangs and messy finish. A very soft and romantic look – what say?
44. Random Curly Layers With Textured Wavy Fringes:
The thick wide front fringes have given this apparently simple hairstyle a remarkable twist. Add large soft curls to the layered hair and texturize the long wavy fringes in the right manner for an absolutely different look.
45. Puffy Layered Curls With Texture and Side Part:
Tease up your layered hair to add a little volume to it and then, smoothen it up for a neat puffy look. Now, curl up the layers along their length and let them rest on your shoulders.
46. Unique Curly Layered Hairdo With Twisted Free-Ended Side Braid:
Curl up the entire layered hair softly, twist up as well as roll back the curly layers towards the crown and keep them in place with a headband. Now, gather rest of the layers over one shoulder, twist them up into a braid and keep its ends free. Isn’t it innovative?
47. Layered Curls Pinned at Back With Puffy Crown and Fringes:
Section the long rounded fringes off the remaining layered hair. Puff up the crown noticeably and pin both sides together at the back. Finally, curl up rest of the loose hair and give the curls a nice spiral shape.
48. Messy Curly Layers With Twisted Front and Pinned Side:
Turn the layers in your shoulder-length bob into small spiral curls and give the uppermost section a messy flair. Then, twist up the front section along the hairline, fold it tightly and secure it with pins. Simple yet eye-catching!
49. Long Fringed Layered Curls With Twisted and Pinned Sides:
Take your long layered hair in small sections, curl them up by using a large barrel iron and texturize them for a neat, tidy look. A couple of curly layers should be twisted and secured at the side with a hair brooch and the long front fringes should swing over your forehead freely.
50. Afro-Textured Layered Curls With Dreadlocked Pouf and Brooch:
Here, the shoulder-length bob with Afro-textured curls is left loose, while the top-front section is dreadlocked as well as rolled back in order to create a nice pouf. Lastly, bedeck the curls by using a hair brooch at one side of the pouf.
Which one did you like the most? Why do you think it will look great on your curly layered hair? Do let us know by leaving a comment below.
- 50 Simple Bridal Hairstyles For Curly Hair
- 8 Simple Curly Hairstyles For Women Over 40
- 14 Basic Curly Hair Care Tips
- 10 Curly Bob Hairstyles To Inspire You
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- Comedonal Acne – What Is It And 5 Ways To Control It - March 18, 2014
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs - November 11, 2013
- 11 Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them? - November 8, 2013