Who doesn’t want their locks to be luscious & long? We all do! Shiny, long and strong hair like in those shampoo commercials are a dream for all women. One of the secret routes to that way is the Indian Gooseberry or amla as well it is known in India. Amla, is just not a fruit or a pickled companion that makes the main course delicious, it’s also the recipe to getting those long locks back. On a daily basis, we lose a lot of hair due to many factors that we may not even realize. Hair Stress, a common phenomenon occurs when hair is exposed to many unavoidable factors such as pollution, shampooing and occasional heat treatments and one of the most recommended ways to rejuvenate your hair is by amla.
Benefits of amla for hair growth:
if your looking for a natural and fast hair growth tips, then amla is one that you should most definitely consider. Below mentioned are the reasons.
- It’s a known fact that massaging the scalp increases blood circulation but massaging the hair scalp with amla oil has many added benefits. Not only does it help in blood circulation, amla oil is known to remove the unwanted flakes off the scalp. It also helps in opening of the pores thereby giving room to the scalp to produce natural oils. This encourages hair regrowth.
- One of the prime reasons for hair breakage is the deficiency of vitamin C and one of the easiest ways to replenish vitamin C back into the system is by amla for it is highly rich in Vitamin C.
- Along with vitamin C, amla is also very rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants carry out anti-ageing mechanisms which can prevent hair from premature graying.
- Applying amla oil and amla hair pack on the tips of hair condition hair to a great extent there by preventing split ends.
- Given that Amla has a plethora of antiviral and antimicrobial properties, it helps prevention of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis, along with being effective against some cancers. It also is known to reduce the severity of pancreatitis, renal disease along with diabetes.
[ Video:- Amla Hair Mask For Hair Fall ]
How to incorporate amla into the Daily Lifestyle for hair regrowth
Now you know the benefits of amla for hair growth, what you really need to know is how to incorporate amla for hair growth into the daily lifestyle to get the maximum benefits from it. Here are some tips for hair rejuvenation using amla
1. Amla Oil:
Amla oil is probably the most popular ways to benefit from amla for hair growth and hair conditioning. Some popular commercially available oils are the Dabur amla hair oil and Bajaj brahmi hair oil, both of which have a very strong smell but make excellent conditioning agent. You could also make amla oil at home using the following recipe
Home-made amla hair oil recipe:
- Cut fresh amla fruit into pieces and leave them for drying. After the amla has all dried up, grind it up until powdered. An alternative method is to directly use the amla powder that is commercially available.
- Add ground amla powder, fenugreek powder to coconut oil, Mix all the ingredients well.
- The next step is to add the mixture to a pan and heat it on low flame till fumes start to appear.
- Just be sure that the oil mixture does not turn black and remains only brown. After the oil has turned brown, it’s time to take it off the pan. Allow to cool and pour in a jar
The best way for hair growth using amla is to apply the oil either overnight and wash it off or apply the oil for 15 to 30 minutes and wrap it with a moist warm towel and then wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
2. Use amla in hair packs for conditioning of hair:
- Take 2 eggs, 2 tbsp each of amla, reetha and shikakai powder. Mix all the ingredients together and make a thick paste. First massage the scalp with the prepared paste, leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair. This pack conditions the hair which makes them soft and strong.
- In case you don’t have access to reetha and shikakai powder, you could also mix 1 egg with 2tbsp of amla powder and follow the same procedure by preparing a paste, massaging onto the scalp for 30 minutes and then washing it off.
3. Incorporate amla juice into the diet:
Drinking amla for hair growth has been very popular since the ages. Amla juice in itself is slightly sour in taste, but is important for those extra doses of vitamin C that will not only help in strengthening of hair and stimulate hair regrowth but will also help in strengthening the immune system. Since it’s slightly sour in taste, the best way to take amla juice is by diluting it in water and adding some honey to balance the sour taste.
The benefits of amla for hair growth are many, just follow these easy tips and incorporate amla into the daily life to get those long luscious locks back.
Amla is a naturally superior ingredient not just for hair growth but also for overall health. It plays an important role in keeping the teeth and gums strong, along with keeping cold and other infections at bay. It also is known to purify the bold and keep the body cells active, thus keeping the body free of cancer.
Adding amla to your eating habits will prove beneficial to the body, while the oil will offer great thick and long hair.