Just like we have different skin types, in the form of dry, normal or oily, our hair too is different. There are various types of hair textures. One of the most common distinctions is whether you have hair that is dry, oily or frizzy.
A homemade hair mask for dry and damaged hair will be different from that of a hair mask that is made for frizzy hair, which is dry but not damaged. One of the first things to understand before you prepare your hair mask at home is what hair type you have.
The homemade hair mask shown here is typically great for brittle and dry hair. It is also good for application on lack luster and damaged hair which snaps at the slightest touch.
Avocado Hair Mask for Damaged Hair:
The ingredients required for this hair mask are very easy to get. It can be a bit tricky to find the main ingredient that is avocado, at your local fruit or vegetable vendor. You should be able to find it in most of the retail super market stores though.
Things you need for preparing avocado mask for hair (the proportions mentioned here are for treating shoulder length hair):
You will need an overripe avocado for this hair mask. Avocado is great for hair. It has very high moisture locking properties. This makes it perfect for a hair mask which provides nutrients and nourishment to the hair. You will need about 2 cups avocado in mashed form for making this homemade hair mask for damaged hair.
Take the pulp of a ripened tomato that will work best towards restoring the PH balance of hair. You don’t need just the juice but need the pulp also to get the maximum nourishment. One medium sized tomato is good enough. Alternatively, you can take two small tomatoes.
3. Soy Bean Oil (this can be easily procured at any grocery store):
This you need about ¼th of a cup
4. Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
You need this about half a cup
For this hair mask, you need fresh mayonnaise about 2 big teaspoons in quantity. Mayonnaise is very good for hair. It has all the moisturizing goodness and protein that is found in eggs.
[ Read: Simple Homemade Masks For Shiny Hair ]
Preparation and Use of this Homemade Avocado hair mask for damaged hair:
- Use the above ingredients in the ratio as mentioned above.
- Take all the ingredients together and make a thick paste.
- Now apply this mix on your hair.
- For those who have longer hair, you can increase the quantity of the ingredients in the same ratio as mentioned above.
- Pull up your hair and wear a plastic cap
- Let the mix sit in your hair for about 20-30 minutes
- Once done, rinse off hair under running tap water
- Use lukewarm or cool water. Avoid hot water entirely.
- You can easily avoid shampoo to rinse off the entire mixture.
- Rinse off by mixing 5 to 6 table spoons of honey to a mug of water.
- Do not aggressively towel dry your hair
- Pat down hair in a slow pressed motion. This will prevent hair from breaking.
How do the ingredients in the hair mask help?
- Provides moisture content to hair
- Smoothens dry hair
- Rich in vitamins A, B, D, E
- Contains protein, amino acids, iron, copper, magnesium and folic acid
- Adds shine to dull and damaged hair
- Fights dandruff
- Prevents itchy scalp
Soy bean oil:
- Promotes hair growth
- Adds shine to hair
- Adds strength to hair
- Moisturizes hair
- Helps dry damaged hair
- Makes hair smoother
- Adds moisture
- Provides shine and strength
- Soothes dry and flaky scalp
- Prevents dandruff
- Prevents split ends
- Moisturizes hair
Use this homemade best avocado hair mask at least once or twice a week for best results. It may take a few weeks for the results to be visible. To get the best out of the mask and to really nourish your hair, use it regularly.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Zinnia (see all)
- Beautiful Cheetah Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps And Pictures - March 18, 2014
- 10 Amazing Hand Painted Nail Art Tutorials With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014
- Beautiful Red And Green Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014
- 2 Amazing Red Nail Art Tutorials With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014