Do you often feel sleepy, lethargic, and sluggish during the day? If you did not sleep properly during the previous night, lethargy is the obvious outcome. But if this happens to you even after having a good night’s sleep, then something is definitely not right! There might be some underlying problem that makes you feel tired and sleepy the whole day, and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
If you do not pay attention to this problem right now, this fatigue can lead to several problems, including:
- Body pains
- Lack of sleep at night
- Lack of interest in anything
- Lack of concentration on work or studies
- Stress and depression
- Difficulty in coping with the daily schedule
Ayurveda And Sleep
Ayurveda says that there are several causes that can make you feel sleepy the whole day. The reasons might be related to either physical changes or mental stress. But the most important and interesting part is that the solutions to this problem are hidden within the causes themselves.
Let’s learn about the causes that make you feel sleepy and lethargic the whole day and how to get rid of them.
1. Improper Sleep Schedule
This is one of the root causes that make you feel sleepy during the day. It is recommended to have adequate sleep at night for at least six to seven hours. Also incorporating other basic practices such as avoiding caffeine (in the form of tea or coffee) three to four hours before you sleep can make you feel fresh in the morning.
Factors such as stress, depression, or anger have a lot of impact on the sleep pattern. They make you dull and lethargic, leading to sleepless days and nights.
To get rid of them, try to stay away from stress as much as possible. Look at the positive side of things. If you have any problems in your relationships or at work, try to fix them.
If you are unable to solve the problems by yourself, talk to your family members or friends. You can also opt for professional counseling, which will help you deal with your emotional problems in a better manner.
3. A Heavy Meal
Many people have a misconception that if they eat a heavy meal at night, they will be able to sleep soundly. However, it is not advisable. Keep your dinner as light as possible. You can even consult a dietitian for proper guidance.
4. The Negative Force Of The Body (Tamas)
Some people are lethargic by nature and do not have a positive outlook towards life and their future. Such people should include yoga, prayers, and all other means that can bring positivity in their life.
5. A Few Hidden Diseases
There are a few diseases, such as diabetes, that can make your body weak and make you feel sleepy the whole day. It’s better to get periodic health checkups done for proper analysis and treatment.
6. The Body Type
Ayurveda says that people with kapha body type require more sleep than those with other body types. Thus, if you fall into that category, consider increasing the duration of your sleep during the night so that you feel fresh during the day.
Here are a few tips that can help you feel fresh and active during the day and have a good night’s sleep as well:
- If you feel very sleepy during the day, take a short nap in between. But remember, too much sleep is also not good for health. Limit the naps to 15-30 minutes.
- Indigestion can make you feel sleepy and lethargic. To avoid this situation, include several natural ingredients such as ginger and pepper that promote digestion. You can even have ginger tea without milk.
- Lack of workout may also cause laziness and a number of related diseases. A simple workout, if done regularly, can pump oxygen to all the parts of your body, making you feel fresh and rejuvenated.
- Make sure your room is ventilated enough to allow fresh air to enter. It automatically brings in energetic vibes. Also, keep your room bright. Staying in a dark room for a longer period also leads to secretion of melatonin that, in turn, makes you feel sleepy.
- Improper sitting posture also makes you feel sleepy and lethargic. Maintain a straight and alert posture.
- Perform certain breathing exercises such as pranayama. Also, practice yoga. This will make you feel energetic and will help you use the energy in your body in a better way.
- Keep your body well nourished and hydrated with foods that are rich in nutrition. Include more fruits in your diet.
- Last, but the most important tip is to avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
Now that you know all about the ayurveda and sleep in detail what are you waiting for? Sleepiness or laziness is not always related to lack of sleep. Once you know the correct cause, getting rid of the condition becomes easy.
Have you ever considered ayurveda for sleep disorders? How did it help you? Share your views in the comments box below.
- Are Night Shifts Taking A Toll On Your Health? These Ayurvedic Health Tips Can Make Your Life Easier
- Getting Up Early In The Morning Is Not A Hassle Anymore! These Ayurvedic Tips Can Help You
- Ayurveda Says Eating These At Night Will Make You Healthy. Take A Look!
Latest posts by Jyotsana Rao (see all)
- The Complete Headache Guide: All You Need To Know - January 4, 2017
- My Husband Stopped Snoring When I Started Giving Him This Magical Drink! - January 3, 2017
- Stop Following These 8 Habits Right Now If You Want To Protect Your Hair - December 30, 2016
- 12 ‘Healthy’ Habits You Should Give Up In 2017 - December 29, 2016
- Top 15 Anti-Wrinkle Foods (Including Chocolates!) To Prevent And Reduce Wrinkles - December 28, 2016