Baba Ramdev yoga for Diabetes
Yoga has been the cure for various diseases since ages. Yoga has been an ancient and effective cure for numerous health related problems. The practice of yoga dates back to more than 5,000 years ago. The practice of yoga includes meditation, breathing exercises, pranayam, asanas and most important of all – attaining eternal peace.
Baba Ramdev has conducted various sessions on how one can get rid of health-related problems by practicing yoga every day. He has delivered a session on 7 easy & simple steps to treat deadly disease like diabetes.
To get started with the ramdev yoga for diabetes, just follow the below mentioned simple steps:-
Start your yoga session by Chanting ‘OM’ loudly and repeat it 11 times. This creates good and effective vibrations. Diabetes is often termed as the ‘mother of all diseases’. That is why Baba Ramdev has developed a yoga session for Diabetics and to help them get rid of the disease.
To begin with, a person who has diabetes has to do Bhastrika pranayama every day for about 30 minutes. While practicing pranayama, one must have sound knowledge of mudras. The energy which is created while practicing meditation or pranayama is transferred in to the body through mudras. That is why one needs to have good knowledge of mudras.
While doing mudra, touch the tip of your hand’s index finger with the tip of your thumb. Keep the other three fingers straight.
Follow these simple steps to practice Bhastrika pranayama at home:-
While doing Bhastrika pranayama, sit in Vajrasana position (preferably). Now, keep your hands on your knees and close your eyes. Always remember, before starting with the session you need to relax your body completely. Here, you have to breathe in completely and slowly with both the nostrils till your lungs are full with air. Then forcefully exhale with both nostrils. Try doing this for 10-15 times daily. You do not have to apply force while inhaling, but while exhaling you need to apply force.
1. Kapalbhati is one of the best options for a diabetic. If a diabetic person practices this technique regularly, then certainly he can get his disease controlled. This is a very effective form of pranayama. Sit down on the floor in a comfortable cross-legged position. Take a deep breath and then exhale quickly, making a sound. Always remember while doing Kapalbhati, you have to forcefully and quickly exhale and slowly and deeply inhale. Continue doing this for 10 times and then release. This works as a blessing for diabetics and helps in controlling the disease.
2. Anulom-Vilom is another way of treating this disease. Anulom Vilom is also known as alternate nasal breathing. Here, you have to close the right nostril and inhale with the left nostril. Then immediately close left nostril and exhale with the right nostril. In this way try breathing slowly and deeply by changing the nostrils.
All the 3 types of pranayama help in de-stressing and treating this disease. Asanas are also effective and the best options for treating diabetes. To learn Mandukasan in the simplest way, just follow the steps given below:
3. Mandukasan: Sit down on the floor in Vajrasana position. Now make fists of both your hands and place them on your stomach in such a way that the joint comes on the navel. Press both the fists against your abdomen. Now try to touch the ground with your forehead. Try bending downwards as much as you can. Hold this position for 20 seconds and then release.
4. Ardha Matsyendrasana: Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you. Bend your knees, put your feet on the floor and then slide your left foot under your right leg. Lay the outside of the left leg on the floor. Step the right foot over the left leg and stand it on the floor outside your left hip. Press right hand against the floor just behind your right buttock, and set your left upper arm on the outside of your right thigh near the knee. The right knee will point directly up at the ceiling. Here, you have to exhale & turn towards the inner side of your right thigh. Remain in this position for about 30 seconds & then release. Try doing this the other way too.
[ Read: Upavistha Konasana Benefits ]
5. Vakrasana: For this, you have to sit in a comfortable cross-legged position. Now, keep your right hand on your left hand on your left knee. Try to twist your body in the left direction. Do not forget to keep your posture straight. Try doing this in the right direction too.
Try these above mentioned tips, breathing exercises and asanas of the ramdev baba yoga of diabetes and your diabetes will definitely be in control. Stay healthy & keep practicing! Please share us your comment.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by amruta (see all)
- Top 5 Yoga Asanas For A Healthy Heart - March 24, 2014
- Sadhana Yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - March 14, 2014
- Restorative yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - March 8, 2014
- Mantra Yoga – What Is It And How To Do? - March 8, 2014