Yoga has always been an effective and one of the best options for healing as well as protective techniques. It is a long-term option for those who want to live a relaxed and energetic life. The practice of yoga dates back to the ancient times. It has numerous benefits too. Whether you want to practice yoga for weight loss or for pregnancy, if offers you a range of asanas, breathing techniques and poses which will help you in achieving your goal.
There are many forms of yoga which are suggested for pregnancy. One such form is recommended by Baba Ramdev. He is a spiritual leader known for his contribution to the field of yoga, Ayurveda, politics and agriculture. He has also conducted a lot of yoga programmes on television for people, especially for youth. His yoga lessons are very effective and worth watching. He has suggested a lot of yoga asanas for different types of illness, problems, situations etc. He has even delivered lectures on ‘yoga for pregnant women’.
Baba Ramdev Yoga For Pregnant Women
Ramdev Baba always starts his sessions by chanting ‘OM’. The vibrations that OM creates are very good and effective for would-be mothers. If a pregnant lady practices yoga on a routine basis, it helps her child stay fit and free from illness like diabetes, heart problems, etc. If you are expecting a child & want to learn the yoga asanas that will benefit you, then you certainly are at the right place. Stylecraze now offers you various asanas recommended in the Baba Ramdev yoga for preganancy guides.
1. Pranayama is a breathing exercise which involves controlling your breath (inhaling & exhaling). There are various forms & types of practicing pranayama. One such form is Bhastrika pranayama. It is an effective type of breathing practice.
Take a deep breath. Now close your right nostril with the thumb of the right hand. Inhale with the left nostril and exhale with the same. Try breathing with both the nostrils one by one. Always inhale slowly. This helps in clearing the nasal passage. Those having breathing problems have to consult a doctor before practicing this.
[ Read: Anusara Inspired Yoga ]
2. While doing Bhastrika pranayama, sit in Vajrasana position (preferably). Now, keep your hands on your knees & close your eyes. Always remember, before starting with the session you need to relax your body completely. Here, you have to breathe in completely with both the nostrils till your lungs are full. Then forcefully exhale with both nostrils. Try doing this for 10-15 times daily. You need to apply force while inhaling & exhaling in Bhastrika pranayama. According to Baba Ramdev, practicing pranayama regularly also helps in normal delivery of the child without any complications.
3. Anulom Vilom is also known as alternate nasal breathing. Here, you have to close the right nostril & inhale with the left nostril. Then immediately close left nostril and exhale with the right nostril. In this way try breathing slowly and deeply by changing the nostrils.
Women who are expecting a child can do basic warm up exercises as well as a few asanas. Follow these simple steps while practicing yoga.
4. Sit on the floor with your legs spread straight in front of your body. Now try to rotate your feet in circular motion clockwise and anti-clockwise. This gives a good massage to your legs and your hips.
5. After this try practicing butterfly position. Here, you have to sit on the floor and fold your knees. Now, bring your legs in such a position that the sole of your right feet touches the sole of the left one. Bring your legs closer to your body in the same position and now try moving them in a similar manner in which a butterfly moves its wings. Initially, do it for 30 seconds and later you can practice it for 1-3 minutes. Do it very slowly and steadily. This helps in normal delivery of the child.
[ Read: How to Reduce Belly Fat by Yoga ]
6. Markatasana is also known as monkey pose. Lie down on you back with both the legs joined together. Now bend your knees in such a manner that your heels are placed close to the buttocks, while your feet rest on the ground. Your hands should be placed on the floor in straight line with the shoulders. Now inhale and bend your knees and legs to the right side and your neck to the left. Repeat this in the other way too. Repeat 10 times. This asana helps in strengthening your spine & gives a good massage to your whole body.
[ Read: Yoga for Thyroid Problems ]
7. Setu Bandh is another pose which helps in relieving joint pain. For doing this, you have to lie down on your back and bend your knees in such a way that your feet rest on the floor. Now the distance between your feet & buttocks should be the same as your hands. Now, try to lift your body in the upward direction. Try doing this 5-10 times & then release.
Try the above mentioned ramdev yoga for pregnant women & see the wonderful difference for yourself! Do leave us a comment too!
NOW WATCH – Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Pregnant Women
Latest posts by amruta (see all)
- Top 5 Yoga Asanas For A Healthy Heart - March 24, 2014
- Top 15 Yoga Videos From YouTube - March 5, 2014
- Iyengar Yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - February 28, 2014
- 10 Effective Power Yoga Workouts To Reduce Weight Fast - February 8, 2014
- Top 5 yoga Asanas To Do In Bed - December 20, 2013