Ever wondered how you could treat asthma with yoga? Do you know what poses will help you overcome this respiratory disorder? Well, if you don’t know, or if you have wondered how asthma can be treated using yoga, you should consider reading this post.
Baba Ramdev Yoga For Asthma – Top 3 Poses:
Here we talk about the yoga poses recommended by Baba Ramdev himself to treat asthma.
1. Anulom-Vilom (Alternate Nostril Breathing):
The perfect beginning to any yoga session, Anulom- Vilom is a pranayama routine, which helps improve stamina, clears congestion, and helps relieve the symptoms of asthma by enhancing breathing. Anulom-Vilom is good for people who suffer from respiratory and neurological conditions.
[ Read: Baba Ramdev Yoga Exercises For Eyes ]
- Sit down on a yoga mat and cross your legs over each other.
- Keep your spine erect.
- Now pinch your left nostril using the right hand index finger and breathe in through your right nostril.
- Hold your breath for around 5-10 seconds.
- Now using your thumb, pinch your right nostril and exhale through your left nostril.
- Repeat 10 times with each nostril (1).
Apart from helping reduce asthma and calming the body, there are many health benefits of Anulom-Vilom:
- It boosts your heart health.
- It provides energy.
- It improves your stamina.It helps you focus better at school or work.
2. Standing Forward Bend Pose (Uttanasana):
The Standing forward bend pose or the Uttanasana is another good yoga pose for treating the symptoms of asthma. The pose also has many health benefits for your stomach, by helping reduce constipation, cramps and bloating.
- Stand straight on a yoga mat. Your feet should be inches from each other.
- Bend your knees slightly.
- Bend forward at the hips and try to grab the backs of both your knees.
- Hold this pose until you experience a stretch in your hamstrings.
- If you don’t feel a stretch, consider straightening your legs as much as you can.
- Repeat (2).
[ Read: Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss ]
Apart from easing symptoms of asthma, insomnia and menopause, the Uttanasana:
- Stretches your hips, calves and hamstrings.
- Helps strengthen your lower body, including your thighs and knees.
- Strengthens your spine.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Calms your mind.
- Promotes better neural activity.
- Helps tone your abs.Stimulates the kidneys, liver, spleen.
3. Corpse Pose (Shavasana):
Most yoga routines end with the Corpse pose, and our routine is no different. Shavasana or the Corpse pose helps you recoup all that spent energy and is one of the best restorative yoga poses around. It has many uses, and one of them has potential benefits for asthmatic patients.
[ Read: Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Cure Thyroid ]
- Lie down on your yoga mat and look straight up.
- Keep your legs relaxed and your hands on the sides of your body.
- Try and imitate a dead body.
- Keep your palms facing the ceiling and close your eyes.
- Proceed to count your breaths.
- Hold this position for around 10-15 minutes.
- Consider meditating while you lie in the Shavasana pose (3).
Apart from helping control and reduce the symptoms of asthma, Shavasana has many other health benefits:
- It helps reduce constipation and treats ingestion.
- It helps ease stress and anxiety and sharpens your focus.
- It is good for boosting blood circulation and improving nerve health.
This is all you need to know about Baba Ramdev yoga for asthma! So, practice these effective poses in yoga for asthma by Baba Ramdev and get relief from its symptoms. Have you tried any alternative therapy for asthma? What was your experience? Let us know by commenting in the box below!
- Baba Ramdev Yoga Poses For High Blood Pressure
- 3 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Knee Pain
- 9 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
- 5 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Increase Height
- 5 Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Curing Diabetes
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015
- Top 9 Foam Rollers For Runners - June 8, 2015