If you love experimenting with makeup, you must have tried the zombie and vampire look before. But if it hasn’t got you the best of results, don’t be disheartened. In this post, you are going to learn simple, basic, and effective techniques to get that perfect zombie look. If it’s a fancy dress party you are going for or even Halloween, then this zombie makeup idea will definitely be a stunner!
Keep reading to know more!
Steps To Master The Zombie Makeup This Halloween
- The first thing you need to do is prepare your face. Go for a mild cleanser like Clean and Clear and gently wash yourself with it. Wipe with a towel and make sure to keep away from moisturizers or creams of any kind. These products will make your makeup slide off.
- Next, you need to create wounds and gashes for your face. For this, you will need some gelatin and latex. Liquid latex and gelatin can help you create that perfect zombie look that will scare everyone right away. If you want a couple of bite marks or even broken noses, this is the one you need to try. Yes, it is a bit complicated to use, but the combination will definitely get you going.
- Use white face paint or some stage makeup to create the base. You can take some paint, add it to a soft sponge and gently apply all over the face. Spread equally on all sides. A thin layer of white makeup is all you need for starters. However, make sure you are using paints of good quality. Cheap or low-quality products are going to ruin your skin. So go for something that will cause less damage. A good costume store will have everything you are looking for.
[ Read: Crazy Halloween Makeup Ideas ]
- Next, you have to focus on your eyes. You have to make some dark circles now. Use a dark eye pencil for this. Outline your lids using it. Use some black or brown eyeshadow around the eye lids and beneath them as well.
- You should also make your eyes look like they have been recently bruised. So try using some red and purple around the eyes. Green and yellow should be applied if you want a bruise that looks old.
- After this, you have to focus on the cheeks. Zombies always have that sunken look, so that is what you have to try to recreate. Simply suck in your cheeks and add some black powder in order to paint the hollows. Make sure you blend this with some paint.
- Finally, come to your lips. You must darken them in order to look like a complete zombie. Add some brown and black lipstick. Blend together to create that dark look. A few shadowy lines will be a great idea.
- Now that your facial makeup is done, you must create some highlights to finish your makeup. For this, it is best to create some popping veins and a couple of scratches. Get hold of a paint brush and simply create zigzagged lines in blue and purple.
- It’s time to get some fake blood on before you can reveal your new look! Get hold of some from a costume store. Use a toothbrush in order to create that blood splatter. You may also create a dripping effect by simply using a sponge, dipping it in fake blood, and squeezing it all over your skin.
- Your zombie makeup is now done.
[ Read: How To Do Beetlejuice Makeup? ]
If you don’t have much experience or are new to the world of makeup, don’t do this alone. Take help from someone who already knows.
Now that you know how to do zombie makeup, what are you waiting for? Share your experience with us by commenting in the box below!
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 6 Surprising Ways Salmon Can Benefit Your Health - September 2, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015